Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

MINI Thunder II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
MINI Thunder II

Here are some pictures from the event last month.

Attached Images    
Old 03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
08-911-C4S can only hope to improve
Awesome... nice shots!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 08:50 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Mods list please

Old 03-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
Flat Black Racing stripes with red outside pin stripes.
Blacked out Ext. Chrome and lights
Windshield with Film protection and 50% tint.
Full Clear Bra whole car front and fenders.
Racing tow hooks front and rear.
4 Point harness system
Jan Tune.

Motor and suspension currently all stock except for tune-still running stock run flat tires.

I watched some videos others had posted from my day at Thunder Hill. I could time the laps and early in the day I ran a 2:06 at the hill in traffic
with very limited passing zones with point bys only. By the end of the day I had to be running close to 2 flat and I was slow and conservative over the big hill. Car is a lot of fun. The tune is a bit a handfull on the street and is not a big fan of light throttle take offs.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:38 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Killer mod list there. Must add at least 20 hp.

Seriously, must be the driver. Kudos!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Only major performance mod is the Tune and more like 30HP. Looking to ditch the RF's and get Conti DW and lighter rims. Need a bigger rear sway
and looking at shock and springs next. JCW really doesn't need a whole lot to run good. Suspension could be firmer but I got the reg. JCW suspension instead of the sport because for less money you end up with a much better set up. Fully adjustable shocks will make it liveable on the street. Looking at Koni's. Last 2 sessions on the track I was using all the track and car available. Stiffing it up a bit and reducing the body roll somemore
will be a big plus. Being able to soften up the shocks for the street and ride home will be great.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
Island Maser

Your are right about lighter wheels to improve performance. I installed OZ Alleggerita Htl's and it made a huge difference. The OZ's aren't the cheapest wheel but a great value and only weigh 14.2 for a 17x7 wheel a savings of about 9lbs on each conner from OEM's plus any weight saved when swaping out the run flats. I went with a street tire but was told the Hoosier R6 is a good track tire for the Mini and the R6 weighs onlt 17lbs a savingss of aprox another 5lbs on each tire. So if you combined the OZ's and the R6's you could reduce aprox 14lbs a conner and I think that sure would help you get around the track faster.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Slowcart
Island Maser

Your are right about lighter wheels to improve performance. I installed OZ Alleggerita Htl's and it made a huge difference. The OZ's aren't the cheapest wheel but a great value and only weigh 14.2 for a 17x7 wheel a savings of about 9lbs on each conner from OEM's plus any weight saved when swaping out the run flats. I went with a street tire but was told the Hoosier R6 is a good track tire for the Mini and the R6 weighs onlt 17lbs a savingss of aprox another 5lbs on each tire. So if you combined the OZ's and the R6's you could reduce aprox 14lbs a conner and I think that sure would help you get around the track faster.
Looking at the same rims. I will check out the weights on those tires. i thought they were heavier than that. Conti's are 19Lbs which is 4 under most summer performance tires. Also really do not want a set of track only tires yet.