New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

Hello from SoCal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 04:57 PM
AtotheJZA70 is infamous around these parts
Hello from SoCal

Hello from SoCal

Hoping to purchase our first Porsche for my wife and I. We’ve come across what looks to be a great deal (and a compromise with my wife) and need some input and clarity from everyone.

But first off, we’re no strangers to fast cars. I come from the Japanese tuner world, preferably Toyota, whereas my wife has always been into Mercedes. I’ve owned and built my share of Supras as well as worked on and helped build a lot of high horsepower cars. I’ve seen track time, but mostly have been a mountain driver and a late night highway runner. My wife has driven her share of AMGs from C to S and is looking into something a little more fun. Our current garage is a 17 Lexus RCF and a 13 Mercedes GL450 (because of our daughter). We were originally looking into a new GR Supra or a secondhand E63 / CLS63. Until we came across this:

2009 Turbo. Original owner, dealer maintained, 33k miles, Tiptronic. $60k.

Is the 2009 model make it a .1 or .2? It seems this year is a weird in-between that isn't determined that easily. Is there a vin decoder to see the actual options it has? The owner doesn't remember. What are the not so obvious things to look out for? Looks pretty clean, has a ding on the drivers side rear wheel well and the front lip is a little scraped up. What do you guys think so far, worth a second look?

-AJ

Last edited by AtotheJZA70; 03-12-2020 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:30 PM
rfo1 is infamous around these parts
Wow-- it sure looks good to me.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:31 AM
AtotheJZA70 is infamous around these parts
What do you think guys? Worth pulling the trigger on the tiptronic or should we wait on a 6 speed or PDK? I definitely prefer a hard top.

Anything specific I should be asking?

-AJ