New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

BMW to Porsche 970

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 05:54 PM
970MS is an unknown quantity at this point
BMW to Porsche 970

Hey new guy here.. been lurking on these forums for a while now, hoping to get a Porsche soon. Went from 335i to S4 to X3 (hate this car) and looking at a 970 Porsche, mainly looking to buy on Mannheim, so if anyone has a hook up please let me know! I'm deciding between the 3.6 V6 (will not call it "base" theres nothing base about a Porsche) vs 4S or the S-Hybrid. I gotta say there is not much DIY info in the Panamera section. I wrench on my own cars and I have done a lot of work on my 335 and S4.. both AudiZine and Bimmerpost have tons of info.

Not sure if anyone will read this thread, but I went to drive a 4S yesterday with 80k miles on it and even though it felt very good compared to other cars I owned, it needed some refreshments.. PDK was a lot smoother in Sport than in normal mode. My S4 had the DSG and that thing was not very smooth, especially in traffic it would kick in lower gears. I loved the V8, coming from forced induction I thought it would feel sluggish but it felt strong, no torque kick like the S4, but smoothness and sound was intoxicating! I also drove the new Supra yesterday right before the Porsche and I'm astonished at how well the large sedan handles. New Supra is fun to throw around, but felt like Apple had their engineers work on the car instead of Toyota engineers of previous days... its refined, but lacks character and drivetrain feels too "techy" even in sport mode. I was hoping it would be a bit more raw.

I'm very interested in the hybrid mainly due to the Audi sourced supercharged V6, that is a wonderful engine with tons of potential. I wish Porsche made the supercharged engine available without the hybrid system. Anyone have any long term experience with S-Hybrid, talking 120k+ miles?

Thanks