New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

New member from Boston, Porsche/Audi owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 12:56 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
New member from Boston, Porsche/Audi owner

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say "hi" from Boston. I recently acquired this sublime 2005 911 Carrera S manual coupe with 40k miles and one previous owner! I also own a 2003 Audi RS6 which I'd been lusting after for some time before buying. I plan to split daily driving duty between the two (storing the Porsche in the winter of course). My previous cars include a Subaru BRZ and WRX STi, 2 BMW E30's, Audi S4, Mazda RX-7 TurboII, Datsun 240Z, and a half dozen different Toyota MR2's.

I've always had a silent admiration for Porsches but never expected I'd own one so soon! I worked at a Porsche/Audi dealer for about a year in 2011-12 so I learned a lot during my time there, and made friends with one of the former Porsche master techs and an independent Porsche speed shop owner in the area. I've been to the American Le Mans Series Northeast GP every year since 2006 and Rolex Daytona 24hrs this year, so those races have not helped me not want to own a Porsche someday

I signed up for PCA member ship the other day; I already attended an autocross with the 911 last Sunday and am going to a track event at Thompson Speedway tomorrow. Getting the IMS retrofit done as soon as my Porsche tech friend frees up, so ensure longevity of the motor. I'm very excited to join the forum!

Zee Audi:
Name:  IMG_5421.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  155.4 KB

Zee Porsche (upstaging my old BRZ):
Name:  IMG_0127.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  130.8 KB

Old 05-20-2015, 02:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome! I currently own an STi as well! I'm actually wanting a BRZ as a daily soon so I can finally convert the STi to a 100% dedicated track car.

Looks like you've owned a lot of cars across the spectrum. Those are also some great races you've been to as well. If you want to read up on some awesome content about the IMS Bearing click here. Besides giving you an idea about the bearing and why it fails, it also provides some great input on possible replacement parts. If you're wanting any other DIY help or great content to read up on your Porsche you can check out our tech articles here. Hope you enjoy the new ride!

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6Speedonline!

Nice gamut of cars you've had in the stable - especially that RS6, what an absolute monster and sleeper for those who aren't in the know

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions regarding upgrades and modifications - definitely happy to help!

- Jason