Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Shocked by first post-Track service bill for GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:28 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
4000 for brakes NOT including 1k/ea rotors.....is that for just the fronts or all four?

OMG...and I had actually thought about it not belieiving the negativity....that is just too much to spend imho.

JB

Old 09-14-2008, 05:50 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
4000 for brakes NOT including 1k/ea rotors.....is that for just the fronts or all four?

OMG...and I had actually thought about it not belieiving the negativity....that is just too much to spend imho.

JB

Totally agree. I am confident that this will get cut in half soon. I actually think my salesperson may have done the estimate wrong, because he quoted a per pad price, when pads are only sold in sets. That change alone would make it $3K, and then the dealer needs to get real about labor. Seven hours for brake job seems excessive....

Old 09-16-2008, 12:00 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
OK, so I now have a quote from the actual certified service dept as opposed to the salesperson.

Pads-only brake job: $1050 parts + $500 labor = $1550. Pads still pricey, but I consider that to be totally reasonable.

To change rotors also, that adds $5000 (parts & labor). Still super pricey, but far below a PCCB rotor change ($20K parts only)

Old 09-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Streamlined is on a distinguished road
Good info - and I anticipate it will come down as part sources become more available with competitive pricing you can present to the dealer or have them use parts you bring to them if they can't match (did this with BMW in the past and saved $).

Old 09-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
what if you want some aftermarket rotors installed NOT by stealership?? Is there any special sensors or any kind of special super computers that are involved in it lol?

Nissan is making everything too complicated!

On the other hand how often do you need to replace your rotors?

Old 09-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Streamlined is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vladcanada
what if you want some aftermarket rotors installed NOT by stealership?? Is there any special sensors or any kind of special super computers that are involved in it lol?
I can't see why the aftermarket people won't be up to the task of creating alternatives as with any other car - and as with any other manufacturer aftermarket stuff will be scrutinized if any related warranty issues come up.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:34 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I don't want PCCB's on my 996TT for that reason....and I can get all my rotors for 800 total.....shipped. All 4. Nice ones, oem or aftermarket.....just to put in perspective. Tranny fluid, realistically, for a tracked car is 45$ per gallon for delvac m1 75w-90....so about 11.50 dollars a quart. It is a 30 minute job to change the fluid on the tranny/front diff and takes for it all under 8 quarts.

JB

Old 09-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Tranny fluid, realistically, for a tracked car is 45$ per gallon for delvac m1 75w-90....so about 11.50 dollars a quart. It is a 30 minute job to change the fluid on the tranny/front diff and takes for it all under 8 quarts.
JB
Dealer quote for fluids for tranny/diff flush (parts only) = $1000. Once again, I will just continue to take deep breaths and assume that OEM and/or third parties will settle down over time. I'm just happy that the magic computer says trans fluids are still good after three hard track days.