Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

How are GTR’s already in the 125 mph trap speeds with the massive weight????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 11:29 PM
ACRJUD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vbmw335
I still dont get this. A 4000 lbs car with driver and only ~500 whp is running 125 and 11 secs.

That is crazy...how does the 60-130 times look on this car. Has anyone run them?

when you say gearing and traction ...how can it still compensate for an additional weight of 600 lbs compared to c6z06 and still run pretty much the same time A stock z06 dynos about 440whp...
A car with 500whp wont have trouble trapping in the 125 range. The huge advantage is the launch. The system prevents wheelspin to obtain the best launch possible. The high gear ratio's and auto tranny also help move the heavier car down the 1/4 mile and decrease shift times. The c6z will trap the same range but wont be able to launch as effective due to driver error from a 6 speed manual tranny, and excessive wheelspin. If the c6zo6 had drag radials on, it wouldnt have the excessive wheelspin and would produce lower 1/4 times with similar trap speeds.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:46 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Bone stock Z06 fastest time * verified * 10.981 @ 128.90

Drag Radials 10.831 @ 130.5

Keep in mind shifts take time, and the GTR always is putting power to the ground. Perfect gearing and no tractive force lost during shifts coupled with a good powerband and an amazing launch.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:20 AM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
Thanks kickhard.That's the best reply i have seen so far. I am def not a hater. I love and respect the car. My best friend is actually getting his car delivered here in chicago tommorow. I will post my opnions after some seat time tommorow. I am sure its a great car....its already proven itself on the ring and track.

Have fun in the car...when my budget permits i will get one of these...for now its my 600 hp 996 tt.

All i can say is wow..technology does its wonders.
I came out of a 996tt and bought the GT-R based on what I read. Couldnt test drive one 10 months ago. Trust me, you will be amazed at the vehicle and how fast and easy it is to drive. the GT-R's technology is truly state of the art!

Old 03-06-2009, 02:21 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rcalcaide
I came out of a 996tt and bought the GT-R based on what I read. Couldnt test drive one 10 months ago. Trust me, you will be amazed at the vehicle and how fast and easy it is to drive. the GT-R's technology is truly state of the art!
I would love to hear more of what you think about GTR in comparision with 996tt in the performance dept. The 996 tt is a special car to me...did you have a modded 996tt? Like the things you like and dont like of each car.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
It would be very interesting to know just how much difference the dual clutch transmission make with the GTR. It would seem like it would be quite large with almost no shift time and an extra cog in the box. I will be very interested to see what kind of performance difference there is on the 911 turbo once it gets PDK as an option.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:15 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
GTR's only have six speeds

Old 03-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
^^^^ Somehow I have missed that so far. Whoops never mind.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
R&D goes a long way in the long run. Nissan did their homework, but they also had the information to make a fast car because the skyline is technically not a new concept, just this current GTR is a 100% new platform.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:55 PM
It's really not rocket science, ok maybe it is. Heavy car, alot of power, great gearing, and a very efficient drivetrain. They didn't invent anything new they just applied what they learned over the evolution of the Skyline. I was hoping for a lighter car, heck I remember when the R34 was considered heavy ....

Old 03-06-2009, 07:32 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
How are some GTR’s running 125 mph + trap speeds with just a Cobb Tune and upgraded wastegates?? Even at 520 whp levels a 4000 lbs car (Driver included) cannot go that fast.

I am confused; can someone explain what other mods do these cars have?

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes

Maybe cause there real fast!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Hey are you the Jamie Furman that set one of the fast Z06 times?

Old 03-06-2009, 10:08 PM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
I would love to hear more of what you think about GTR in comparision with 996tt in the performance dept. The 996 tt is a special car to me...did you have a modded 996tt? Like the things you like and dont like of each car.
My 996 TT was lightly modded: Cargraphic exhaust, X50, Cargraphic springs, wheels. I was getting ready to have Tony at EPL do a custom tune for me(his shop is 20min away), but then I decided to get the GT-R.

Both cars are sick fast! Its the execution that is so different. I felt in the Porsche you always had to be totally "involved" while driving it. The GT-R can be too easy to drive agressively. I do at times miss the 6speed of the turbo. But the DCT tranny is instantaneous in its shifts. .02 secs! The brakes of the GT-R are far superior to the 996tt.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ally-here.html

Hopefully your friend will let you drive his GT-R. let me know what you think.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I am curious now, I want to be involved while I am driving....

Old 03-07-2009, 05:15 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Hey are you the Jamie Furman that set one of the fast Z06 times?
Yes! As a matter fact I ran some 10's yesterday in it.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:32 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Galactus
That test was done by Car and Driver with a sick GT-R that also ran a putrid 12.6 1/4 mile at 111mph! Not really the performance most of the owners are seeing stock from the car. Here is an automobile test with the new GT2 up to 150mph:

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...to_60_mph.html

0-150mph:
Porsche GT2: 18.1 seconds
Nissan GT-R: 19.8 seconds
Hmmm...more magazine racing. A 6.7 second difference at 250 kph (155 mph)?

And BTW, 0-300 in >50 seconds?!?!?!? Did AutoBild pick up a sick car also?

GT-R may track fast, may launch very fast, but 3800+ lbs catches up fast too.

Attached Images  

Last edited by bbywu; 03-07-2009 at 07:43 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How are GTR’s already in the 125 mph trap speeds with the massive weight????