Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Used GTR Pricing...

Old 01-27-2010, 10:12 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Used GTR Pricing...

Hey Guys,
Figured I'd throw this out here since people on 6speed are typically very well educated and savy shoppers. Here is what I've found on the used GTR market....

If you do a search on Autotrader nation wide you will find around 400 used/new GTR's for sale. I'm not sure how many of these are BS though and make the assumption that everylisting is a "car in hand" ad.

in your opinion what should the following go for? Please keep in mind I am only shopping for 2009's or 2010's....

2009's
under 10K miles
10-20K miles
over 20k

I found a couple that are local, one that has just over 1200 miles for $69xxxK and another with just under 12,000 miles for the same $69xxxK .... huge discrepency in milage but same price.

I am going to take a look at the car with 11200K miles on it tonight and manager of the store said they need to get at least $67xxxK for it. I am thinking it is really worth around 62ish.... Funny thing is when I asked the used car manager why the listing said 11200 miles and he said it had 11300 on the odometer? Manager said he just had to "drive it" for a little while to "make sure it is OK" ... to be honest last thing I would want is a sales manager joy riding the car for the last 100miles...

Old 01-27-2010, 10:32 AM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah.. that is what I would worry about. A bunch of the sales/service guys hauling around in my future car. I guess that is a constant worry but make sure you get the full warranty..

Old 01-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
You're not going to get one for $62K unless you find someone desperate. The one at 1200 miles is under priced and/or is a Silver.
The Silver color is getting much less.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:51 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fantasma
You're not going to get one for $62K unless you find someone desperate. The one at 1200 miles is under priced and/or is a Silver.
The Silver color is getting much less.
Car was actually Grey.... I believe 62k is possible with 2008's but you are correct 2009's will probably go for a bit more. But like you said unless someone is "desperate" and in this economy there are A LOT of desperate private sellers and dealers.... These dealers can either sit on the cars in their lots hoping to find someone willing to pay their asking price or make the sale and have cash flow to pay the rent. I believe sooner or later dealers will realize that the GTR is not the special car it once was commanding 15k over msrp.

I spoke to the dealer and I think 65ish is definately a possibility. If I wait a few months I think low 60's will be do-able considering how many of these things are on the market right now. My prediction is that within a year we will see 08's in the mid forties and 09's in the mid-low fifties.....

FWIW.. there is someone on 6speed right now selling a black GTR with over 20K miles for 61K...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-angeles.html

Last edited by str8blst; 01-27-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:52 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
there are many on the market and not enough buyers...... hence prices are dropping. there is a nice black car on ebay with 3k on it that can be had for 66k. there is a car in az that's also black with 10k on the dial for 64k.i was in the market about a month ago but dropped out as i was being hit with tons of cars from sellers. i figure wait 3-4 months and let prices get firm once the 2011's com,e out.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:04 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
The going rate is $65k - $72k.

$65k is a good deal.

You could probably get a new one for $75k anyway...

Old 01-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
You could probably get a new one for $75k anyway...
Yup... was thinking the same thing...

Old 02-13-2010, 05:25 PM
MMopt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by str8blst
Yup... was thinking the same thing...
Yep, there is new 2009's on autotrader for 75k without even negotiation. I'd much rather buy new than think about a used one for a few thousand less.

I hope to be in the market for one late this year, right before winter. It will be interesting to see where the price for used vs new will be then. I'm hoping used 09s or low miles 08s will be mid 50s. Too wishful?

Old 02-13-2010, 05:33 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Wouldn't it be smart to get a new version with the transmission crap all fixed? Didn't Nissan do away with traction control, launch control whatever it's called

I would wait another year for the 2010's to come down, I bet you could really get a sweet deal

Last edited by UMADBRO; 02-13-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:43 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Didn't Nissan do away with traction control, launch control whatever it's called
No - they've perfected it, and now they allow everyone to do it - all of the time.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:50 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
No - they've perfected it, and now they allow everyone to do it - all of the time.

That's what I'm talking about, wouldn't it be better to get a 2010 version?

I was reluctant to get an IS-F first time out, with a new 8 speed auto etc. but so far 25k miles not one complaint!

New DCT M3 had software recall issues, and the GTR with its less than stellar launch control.......somtimes it just takes a year or two!

Old 02-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Everyone who updated from LC1 to LC2 got a free pass from any possible damages that were incurred from LC1 (as long as they got the update). So there really isn't an issue anymore - unless the original owner never got the LC2 update.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:10 PM
word!

Old 02-16-2010, 12:45 AM
bartdude is on a distinguished road
Im impressed GTR's are holding its values. I guess they are keeping them limited for a reason.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:01 AM
gt3lvr is on a distinguished road
For what its worth I was offered a brand new 2010 GTR prem for 78k. That was before any negotiotion at all so i think you could get it down to 77k at least if not below. Given this I would think a new 2009 should be 70-72k roughly and one with 10k miles would be in the low 60's.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.