Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

New Switzer parts arrived today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
New Switzer parts arrived today

So, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the mid-pipe and muffler to complete the full transition to the SPI Stage 1 (intro) package for my GT-R.

After installing my y-pipe the other day, I literally couldn't resist. Not to mention that if I ever decide to go bigger (P800 or even R1K), my exhaust setup is already taken care of, as this is the same exhaust that they use for all of their big HP kits.

Here's a pic before install. Once I get the stock stuff off, I'll weigh each part and let you know the difference.

Also, I already have 60-130 times from the car when it was stock (which I posted earlier), and I also have some with the SPI y-pipe, drop-in filters and canned Cobb Stage 2 (93 octane) tune. After I install the mid-pipe and muffler, I'll get some more runs with the same tune.

After Tym and I get my custom SPI tune dialed in, I'll go get new 60-130 times and will then post all 4 variations up for direct comparison.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-26-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:55 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
pipes look great...looking forward to seeing the performance differences after each set of installations...

Old 10-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
excellent, keep us posted Scott

Old 10-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Okay, so I just weighed everything:

-Stock y-pipe = 30 lbs
-Stock mid-pipe and muffler (one piece) = 38.4 lbs

-SPI y-pipe = 8 lbs (savings of 22 lbs)
-SPI mid-pipe and muffler (two pieces) = 16.8 lbs (savings of 21.6 lbs)
-Exhaust hangers x 2 (only 2 are used with the Switzer setup, so the other 2 can be left off the car) = savings of 1.3 lbs

Total weight saved = 44.9 lbs

Old 10-27-2010, 03:02 AM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
That's great! Can't wait for 60-130 times

Old 10-27-2010, 07:26 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
what were the stock 60-130 times that you got?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:55 AM
Stock, I got 9.9 and 10.4. I'll post the rest of them after I get them.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-27-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:44 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice, how's the exhaust note.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:16 AM
NVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to behold
Very Nice! Im subscribed. I am just starting my process and excited to see what you come up with performance wise. Are you E-tuning, or dyno tuning? What AWHP do you hope to see?

Old 10-27-2010, 02:07 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mx3Speed
Very Nice! Im subscribed. I am just starting my process and excited to see what you come up with performance wise. Are you E-tuning, or dyno tuning? What AWHP do you hope to see?

with a good tune and catless DP( really wakes up the car) you should be 510whp-530whp

Old 10-27-2010, 04:33 PM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Stock, I got 9.9 and 10.4. I'll post the rest of them after I get them.
My guess is a 7.5

Old 10-27-2010, 04:59 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i see you couldnt resist scott LOL, i knew it was only a matter of time ...

Old 10-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by besiktas
My guess is a 7.5
That would be impressive...but I don't think it'll be that fast. The stock turbos have their limits. I'd be happy with consistent mid 8's....which is about average for a stock C6 Z06.

I should have some numbers soon.

P.S. - THE NEW EXHAUST SOUNDS AWESOME! It's not overly loud at all and no drone whatsoever. However, it sounds very crisp and mean under WOT.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by unvmy996
i see you couldnt resist scott LOL, i knew it was only a matter of time ...
Ya, what can I say?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:04 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
That would be impressive...but I don't think it'll be that fast. The stock turbos have their limits. I'd be happy with consistent mid 8's....which is about average for a stock C6 Z06.

I should have some numbers soon.

P.S. - THE NEW EXHAUST SOUNDS AWESOME! It's not overly loud at all and no drone whatsoever. However, it sounds very crisp and mean under WOT.
Scott, Gripforce (Greg) iirc , ran 6.9 vbox verified with simple bolt-ons .. im sure it was maxing out the turbos .. and he does not have the fastest stock turbo GTR ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Switzer parts arrived today