Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2011 Nissan GTR 0-100 km/h (62mph).......3.046 seconds!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Dr J is on a distinguished road
2011 Nissan GTR 0-100 km/h (62mph).......3.046 seconds!!

From Nissan HQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MysceFNjAQ

Impressive!

Goto 3:11 to see the time

Last edited by Dr J; 12-01-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:49 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Yeah, that's not too shabby, for a sub-$100k car.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:07 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
from the video it sounds like they are using actual launch control, like Porsche and any car with a stand alone ecu... Retarding ignition, building boost, etc etc...

Also it sounds like its revving quite high and when it launches there is no wheel hop...

Cant wait to see the magazines testing it! We might see a bone stock GTR in the 10s like the 997.2TTS!!!!

Old 12-02-2010, 02:15 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:41 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kouzman@yahoo.c
from the video it sounds like they are using actual launch control, like Porsche and any car with a stand alone ecu... Retarding ignition, building boost, etc etc...

Also it sounds like its revving quite high and when it launches there is no wheel hop...

Cant wait to see the magazines testing it! We might see a bone stock GTR in the 10s like the 997.2TTS!!!!
Yeah, like the same launch control for the previous 3 years, just a slightly different version.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:16 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Yeah, like the same launch control for the previous 3 years, just a slightly different version.
i think the main difference is suspension mods... The car launches without wheel hop, probably the main reason for tranny failures with vdc off...

I am very anxious to see it on US soil!

Old 12-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Sharkbite2000 is on a distinguished road
Very nice.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:52 PM
driver1712 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
yeah... slightly more prone to cause tranny problems

Old 12-03-2010, 12:42 AM
RSR
Banned
RSR is on a distinguished road
quick

Old 12-03-2010, 02:14 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Just like the time from Nurburgring...

Old 12-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by driver1712
yeah... slightly more prone to cause tranny problems
Was this intended as a joke?

Old 12-09-2010, 03:07 PM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
It would be interesting to see it vs the 2011 911 Turbo / Turbo S.
I don't know if it's a happy thing that these dual-clutch gearboxes are now way faster than a human driver shifting. I always wondered why they decide to completely eliminate the choice for a proper manual gearbox. Like with the GTR, 911 Turbo S, Ferrari 458...

Old 12-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tphss
It would be interesting to see it vs the 2011 911 Turbo / Turbo S.
I don't know if it's a happy thing that these dual-clutch gearboxes are now way faster than a human driver shifting. I always wondered why they decide to completely eliminate the choice for a proper manual gearbox. Like with the GTR, 911 Turbo S, Ferrari 458...
The cars are supposed to be technical marvels that go as fast as they can. The flappy paddle gearbox is faster and is more of a current reflection of what race cars use. It's also cheaper for them to just build one model since 90% of drivers go for the paddles anyway. It's a shame they don't give the choice, but it would seem a lot of these specialized cars are designed around such gearboxes. Certainly the GTR is.

At least with Porsche they'll have manuals available on their GT models for years to come.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:06 PM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Carbon
The cars are supposed to be technical marvels that go as fast as they can. The flappy paddle gearbox is faster and is more of a current reflection of what race cars use. It's also cheaper for them to just build one model since 90% of drivers go for the paddles anyway. It's a shame they don't give the choice, but it would seem a lot of these specialized cars are designed around such gearboxes. Certainly the GTR is.

At least with Porsche they'll have manuals available on their GT models for years to come.
It's understandable it's cheaper but I think Porsche buyers are somewhat different than those of the GTR.
What I mean is that if you search for example used 911s on eBay you would find that close to 70% of the 911s for sale are manual transmission... Many people who buy a Porsche want to enjoy the full experience of driving and feeling connected with the car, which in my eyes includes a manual gearbox. It was a shame that Porsche removed the option for a manual with the new Turbo S.

I believe it's in part the filthy hands of VW. I read a while ago that ever since they got the control over a large chunk of Porsche, they decided to use the new Porsche platforms (for example the Panamera) for future VW cars and make it more "cost-effective" and to "share platforms" to save money.

And I was thinking to my self "oh man, that's the beginning of the end".

Old 12-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by tphss
... It was a shame that Porsche removed the option for a manual with the new Turbo S...
I find this extremely entertaining that a few Porsche guys here were slamming Nissan because the car only came with the dual clutch transmission.

(I believe it is only a matter of time before the Turbo follows suit)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 Nissan GTR 0-100 km/h (62mph).......3.046 seconds!!