Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

New to GTR world

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Savile Row is on a distinguished road
New to GTR world

I just purchased a lightly used 09 GTR. It has to be the most comfortable super car or just about any car I have driven. It is a BLAST to drive and is my daily driver. Never thought Godzilla could be be a "grocery getter." Any ideas how often I need to give it a hard run because after all it is a super car...

Old 09-15-2011, 03:31 PM
12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold
i am in the market for 1 , how much can i get 1 ?? Love the GTR , i sold my P car

Old 09-15-2011, 03:54 PM
New to GTR world

I checked everywhere...Dupont Registry, and Cars.com. The dealers are stingy with them (new and used). What you see priced, is what it is; that was my experience. But when I drive the powerful GTR combined with its rarity, I can see why it is holding its resale value. This thing is a %#@*! missle to drive and I have had a few fast cars in my years.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:33 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Savile Row
I just purchased a lightly used 09 GTR. It has to be the most comfortable super car or just about any car I have driven. It is a BLAST to drive and is my daily driver. Never thought Godzilla could be be a "grocery getter." Any ideas how often I need to give it a hard run because after all it is a super car...
It is a blast, indeed. I run it hard a few times a year at an HPDE (best place to learn about the car safely). I drive it spiritedly almost everywhere I go (even today on my in to work, in the rain).

My wife's Honda Odyssey just got totalled, so the GT-R is our temporary family car (not all the kids fit, when I'm at home - but it has a big trunk for tons of groceries).

Old 09-15-2011, 04:59 PM
New to GTR World

Thanks for your response. I am finding that it is a car that can run errands and run the pants off most other cars too. My biggest concern was fitting that Titleist 9.5 degree driver in the trunk. It fit with room to spare.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:37 PM
konaforever is on a distinguished road
I checked everywhere...Dupont Registry, and Cars.com. The dealers are stingy with them (new and used). What you see priced, is what it is; that was my experience. But when I drive the powerful GTR combined with its rarity, I can see why it is holding its resale value. This thing is a %#@*! missle to drive and I have had a few fast cars in my years.
Just got mine too! Accelerates like crazy! Too bad commute is so short.

Sounds like you tried to find a good deal at lots of dealers?

Old 09-15-2011, 07:28 PM
The dealers and private sellers know what they got. I don't know the production numbers but I think we get 1500 a year in the USA? I read where Nissan only makes 4000 a year. So its a supply and demand thing. Anyhow its just an awesome car and I too have a commute that is too short.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:38 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
The dealers and private sellers know what they got. I don't know the production numbers but I think we get 1500 a year in the USA? I read where Nissan only makes 4000 a year. So its a supply and demand thing. Anyhow its just an awesome car and I too have a commute that is too short.
The planned average coming to NA was 1500/yr for 5 years.

This may have changed.

The first year production was boosted to meet demand (to around 2500), but the difference would offset in later model years. The planned production was still 7500 but this may be raised to 9000 (1500 for a 6th year).

Old 09-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy it in good health.

When you become callous to it's acceleration let me know, we have an intro tuning package that bumps it up to 600hp for less than $5K.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:06 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy the car and I hope it brings a smile to your face for years to come!

Eric

Last edited by AMS; 09-16-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Tachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to behold
Congrats to the OP!

I know that you will be happy with your 2009 GT-R or any model you can buy for that matter. So many upgrades to make any GT-R better performing than any stock one that you may read about.

To give you some insight into my purchase, I bought my GT-R only 2 months before the 2012 model arrived in the USA. Earlier, I had researched and debated between the 2010, 2011, and 2012 models for a few months and was leaning to buy the new model. However, I ultimately decided on the last "old model" GT-R within 400 miles of my home. I purchased a Black 2010 GT-R showroom model from my local dealership and got a substantial price break. My GT-R was manufactured in January 2009. It luckily had always been kept indoors at the dealership and had never been exposed to the elements. I am also happy to say that few were allowed to sit in it, and no one was ever allowed to drive it, unless they bought it.

Now with 1700 miles logged, she still smells new. I keep her garaged and covered. Sunshine is the only weather she knows, no daily driver here . By the time her warranty runs out, she may be due for her first oil change. I bought my GT-R for play and plan to keep her for decades (I hear gasoline will be around at least until 2040, even though I may not be.), then my son inherits her. ("Gee, I wonder why he keeps saying I need take up skydiving?" ... JK.) So this is one GT-R that is off the market which is my attempt to help them maintain resale value, sorry.

For me, it is a thrill to own and drive this beautiful Japanese car legend. Unfortunately many out there, and you know who you are, still think that GT-Rs are gaudy, fat, ugly, heavy, clunky, and too tall. That GT-Rs are stupid four-seaters without any spirit and have cheaply made interiors. That GT-Rs are harsh riding, small six cylinder cheap Japanese imports that can't compete with those wonderful non-aspirated large V8s that have great exhaust notes or those well known and cherished overpriced Supercars that cost 150% to 400% as much. That GT-Rs are really boring AWD supercomputers that do not excite and do not involve the driver because the car drives itself. That GT-Rs never allow a driver to reach his own limits because the car does not let him lose control (I really love stupid comments like these). That GT-Rs cheat by using embedded inherent technology that can allow amateurs to drive like "professionals", thus GT-Rs can never be a Supercar. And by God while we are at it, remember that lowly Nissan has no racing heritage and has no prestige.

As for me, "Beauty remains in the eye of the beholder". I am also glad that my GT-R riles so many out there! Enjoy.

Tachsman

Old 09-16-2011, 11:36 AM
^ Mouthful.

Well said, though.

If I haven't already done so - congrats OP! Enjoy the car. After 3 years, I'm still amazed everyday.