Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2013 gt-r (570hp)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 06:44 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tachsman
Sorry for that, ran out of texting time. My point was that Nissan has total control over their product by not allowing any third party system alternatives. Therefore Nissan does not have to waste their time and money worrying about how the GTR will drive modified with aftermarket products, since other ECU software, turbos, etc, voids their warranty. This is unlike Microsoft who has to deal with hundreds of software programs and thousands of hardware configurations from vendors who are outside of their control, and have to make an attempt to make it all work, or the bad mouthing begins, like "buy a Mac".
That's what I thought.

I have the Cobb AccessPort installed, and I had a warranty claim that was honored (turns out there was nothing wrong, but I still had nothing to worry about).

Quite a few people have had tuning software installed, and have had no issues with the warranty (because the tune did not cause the failure).

If anything, I think the tuning community helped Nissan develop this new power. Learning what the safe limits were for extended use, what was too much, etc...

Old 09-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Tachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
That's what I thought.

I have the Cobb AccessPort installed, and I had a warranty claim that was honored (turns out there was nothing wrong, but I still had nothing to worry about).

Quite a few people have had tuning software installed, and have had no issues with the warranty (because the tune did not cause the failure).

If anything, I think the tuning community helped Nissan develop this new power. Learning what the safe limits were for extended use, what was too much, etc...
Sorry, but I just can't buy into your realm of thinking. If a rod broke, I am sure your warranty would be null and void as on any powertrain item. I also believe the Nissan engineers are smarter than you give them credit for in your reference to the tuning community; they actually built the entire GT-R from scratch. I just think this "power-play" is business as usual in the automotive industry. As P. T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute" because we all want to believe what we hope is true. Me included.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:17 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Sorry, but I just can't buy into your realm of thinking. If a rod broke, I am sure your warranty would be null and void as on any powertrain item. I also believe the Nissan engineers are smarter than you give them credit for in your reference to the tuning community; they actually built the entire GT-R from scratch. I just think this "power-play" is business as usual in the automotive industry. As P. T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute" because we all want to believe what we hope is true. Me included.
I do not disagree. That is why I'm running a conservative tune. Nissan watched me very closely on NAGTROC (maybe even on here as well). I was told that I have nothing to worry about, as far as warranty (from Nissan GT-R HQ in Japan).

And perhaps I am not giving Nissan credit for their engineering. All I'm thinking (as far as the Microsoft comparison), is that what better R&D is there other than 5000+ people driving in the real world with your product?

My end point was suggesting that we knew this was a staged development, and I'm glad we are seeing the final product. I do not think that they finished the product, and then released inferior versions of it, to hold back for marketing (although I do realize this is common business practice) to the point that we are discussing here. I knew this was going to happen, and I was hoping for 'refresh kits'. We'll see what happens.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:43 AM
B27IL is on a distinguished road
why nissan engineer doesn't upgrade the weak tranny?
we at least needs a tranny which can hold 1000 + whp
they just adding power a bit at the time, and then call it the new version

Old 09-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Tachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to behold
Agreed! Also I am sure that the 2013 version of the GTR will be a "killer" in the mass production car industry, that I am sure (and I don't mean radiation wise). I am also sure you will see more fine tuning of the various components continue that will make the car "Newer and Improved". Fun conversation Jasper, your new 2013 GTR will be the envy of everyone, that is until 2014. Yeah that's right, it's fleeting and fickle as you know. Just kidding with you. Audios amigo.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by B27IL
why nissan engineer doesn't upgrade the weak tranny?
we at least needs a tranny which can hold 1000 + whp
they just adding power a bit at the time, and then call it the new version
There is a LOT more to each major release than just 40-45HP increases. There are a ton of small improvements, that when added up, equal a whole new level of performance.

There are stock transmissions on 900HP cars. Not quite 1000WHP, but it is a lot more than Porsche offers with the PDK. I personally think the transmissions are enough for the stock output.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Agreed! Also I am sure that the 2013 version of the GTR will be a "killer" in the mass production car industry, that I am sure (and I don't mean radiation wise). I am also sure you will see more fine tuning of the various components continue that will make the car "Newer and Improved". Fun conversation Jasper, your new 2013 GTR will be the envy of everyone, that is until 2014. Yeah that's right, it's fleeting and fickle as you know. Just kidding with you. Audios amigo.
Ditto.

And I hope that the 2013 reign is longer than the 6 months of the 2012.

Either way, it is going to be a great car for years to come.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Ispool4u is on a distinguished road
wow. I thought the 2012 was a huge deal (it still is). I wonder if the price of the 2013's will go up like GTR's have every year. There has been rumors about a GTR hybrid in 2013 as well. It's hard to believe that when the first 2009 GTR came to the US they only cost 70k and now a black edition 2012 MSRP is $95k. Guess the people who bought 09's didn't loose out to bad cause they still sell for 55-65k+. Not bad depreciation.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Ispool4u
wow. I thought the 2012 was a huge deal (it still is). I wonder if the price of the 2013's will go up like GTR's have every year. There has been rumors about a GTR hybrid in 2013 as well. It's hard to believe that when the first 2009 GTR came to the US they only cost 70k and now a black edition 2012 MSRP is $95k. Guess the people who bought 09's didn't loose out to bad cause they still sell for 55-65k+. Not bad depreciation.
I can tell you with 100% accuracy that the price will...
(American Idol drum roll please, break to commercial, now back and)
... not be cheaper!

I also can remember "people" (term used loosely) saying that after only three years the 2009 GT-R would be selling for under $30K because they were a POS. I am glad to say these people were deranged and misguided in all of their assumptions. Oh and WRONG as well!

Old 09-28-2011, 09:06 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
i just got my 2012 gtr and do not lust for more power at all. what the car needs is a 2 stage exhaust that is much louder in the sport mode. maybe make the shifts a little more visceral in sport mode too. thats about it as car is perfect for me as it is.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:14 AM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fcar348
i just got my 2012 gtr and do not lust for more power at all. what the car needs is a 2 stage exhaust that is much louder in the sport mode. maybe make the shifts a little more visceral in sport mode too. thats about it as car is perfect for me as it is.
do a Non Catted Mid pipe and HKS exhaust , the car will sound like it should have from factory !

Old 09-29-2011, 09:30 AM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
dont want to mess with emissions/catalysts in my leased car. thinking of cat back muffler though

Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
damn, its nice that they are taking it to the next level performance wise (which keeps on blowing me away with each update) BUT, it would be nice to see the current face-lifted version stand for awhile before they do another "face-lift" with only 6 months of the outgoing 2012 model... i'm not sure what to think about it honestly. What other car are they trying to go after this time??

Old 09-30-2011, 06:08 AM
Originally Posted by adamls2
damn, its nice that they are taking it to the next level performance wise (which keeps on blowing me away with each update) BUT, it would be nice to see the current face-lifted version stand for awhile before they do another "face-lift" with only 6 months of the outgoing 2012 model... i'm not sure what to think about it honestly. What other car are they trying to go after this time??
I don't think they are going to change too much on the chassis to give it a new chassis code (CBA > DBA). But they've made changes on the car every year since its inception. Next year will be no different.

I personally feel that the changes to 2013 will allow the 2012 to be upgradeable.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I don't think they are going to change too much on the chassis to give it a new chassis code (CBA > DBA). But they've made changes on the car every year since its inception. Next year will be no different.

I personally feel that the changes to 2013 will allow the 2012 to be upgradeable.
So to upgrade an older model, who would you discuss this with. I have a 2010 GT-R, can I upgrade to a LC-3 or LC-4 and can I get the new front carbon fiber sway bar? How about the other suspension changes in the 2012, are those available to me as well? To be honest, I am not sure if you will be able to upgrade a 2012 model to a 2013 at this time based on previous models as described. This maybe a good reason to sell your old GT-R and buy and 2013!

Last edited by Tachsman; 09-30-2011 at 05:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 gt-r (570hp)