Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Motor Trend selects GT-R as the #2 "Best driver's car of 2011"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Tachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to behold
Best "driver's car"? That's so obtuse. What are their criteria?

Old 10-14-2011, 09:16 AM
SRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tachsman
Best "driver's car"? That's so obtuse. What are their criteria?
Best driver's car in the opinion of the person(s) driving it on the day, their opinions having being skewed by their own pre-conceived notions and what they're used to driving and where they're driving it.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:49 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Impressive but the most surprising stat to me was home much faster around the track the Z06 with the PSC tires than EVERY other car. Also after reading the article I was amazed how much better they said the 458 was than all of the other cars. I know its motor trend but was interesting nonetheless.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:19 PM
huy
huy will become famous soon enough
yeah this test was all over the place... that said, i take away from this that the Corvette Z06 w/ Z07 package (carbon ceramic brakes and R compound tires basically) was almost 2 seconds faster than the 458. that and the only problem with the car is the seats, which is easy enough to fix to make it a worthy drivers car.

also, the GT-R was just a couple tenth's of a second behind the 458 in everything, except a standing 1/4 mile where it won. end of the day, you can call it a drivers race and the GT-R is basically as good as the Ferrari.

everyone knows these two cars are the ultimate bang for the buck, so this only goes to prove it. now if the ferrari dominated the competition then i would say its a clear winner despite costing so much more... but it did not. i have seen plenty of magazines award the cheaper car the overall victory because it cost a tad less... but no points here for costing 1/3 less?

if i wanted a track car, i'd get the Corvette and beat the 458 all day long... if i wanted a comfy daily driver, i could get a Mercedes S550... and i would still have $100k left for another car. are you telling me you have that much money and can't afford more than one car? you have to find the best compromise and make the 458 your daily driver AND track car? that's why the 458 won... because it has the best ride and was still 2nd fastest. are you sure this test wasn't about which got the most dicks? (yeah, like women ever swarm an exotic... its more like boys and men)

Old 10-17-2011, 01:55 AM
SRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond repute
Was it a 2011 458 or last year's model?

Last edited by SRoser; 10-17-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Iceman3K is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by huy
yeah this test was all over the place... that said, i take away from this that the Corvette Z06 w/ Z07 package (carbon ceramic brakes and R compound tires basically) was almost 2 seconds faster than the 458. that and the only problem with the car is the seats, which is easy enough to fix to make it a worthy drivers car.

also, the GT-R was just a couple tenth's of a second behind the 458 in everything, except a standing 1/4 mile where it won. end of the day, you can call it a drivers race and the GT-R is basically as good as the Ferrari.

everyone knows these two cars are the ultimate bang for the buck, so this only goes to prove it. now if the ferrari dominated the competition then i would say its a clear winner despite costing so much more... but it did not. i have seen plenty of magazines award the cheaper car the overall victory because it cost a tad less... but no points here for costing 1/3 less?

if i wanted a track car, i'd get the Corvette and beat the 458 all day long... if i wanted a comfy daily driver, i could get a Mercedes S550... and i would still have $100k left for another car. are you telling me you have that much money and can't afford more than one car? you have to find the best compromise and make the 458 your daily driver AND track car? that's why the 458 won... because it has the best ride and was still 2nd fastest. are you sure this test wasn't about which got the most dicks? (yeah, like women ever swarm an exotic... its more like boys and men)
I agree with everything you said. Their ranking system is strange to say the least. If the Corvette ever gets stock seats that hold you in place on the track, they won't have anything left to complain about And, the GT3 and Z06 had the same tires, just slightly different versions of the tire; with the same version of the tire as the GT3, the Z06 would still beat everything. Of the top 3, I would give the GT3 the best 'Driver's Car' as it is the only car the driver actually shifts. The 458 and LFA should not be in this comparison because of their price points. What is also odd to me is that they would use a Z06 and not a ZR1; but included a 458 and LFA?