Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GTR Seats!!! YUCK!!!! Need help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Dntlvet is on a distinguished road
Or if not an imbecile, very willing to spend cash for a comfortable ride.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:03 PM
brainpa is on a distinguished road
Dntlvet.

Are you out of your mind?

One THIRD the price of the car for seats?

Really?

amerlemans....right on.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:17 PM
There is a bullet proof on the for sale marketplace.
We all have special interests.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:34 PM
mlambert890 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brainpa
Dntlvet.

Really?

amerlemans....right on.
I dont see how this logic makes sense. There isnt a correlation between super high quality aftermarket parts and the purchase price of the car.

I mean is it ok to put the $27k seats into a $170k 911 Turbo so you end up at $200k? Given the GTR and the 911 Turbo have pretty much the same mission and are continually compared head to head, I dont get the logic of setting an artificial price ceiling on mods for it that wouldnt be applied to a 911 Turbo.

Basically, by this logic modding budget for any car is capped based on what it cost. If this logic were universal, there would pretty much be no super high performance EVOs and STIs. So clearly this is a minority viewpoint

That said, I personally like the stock seats.

Also, the '12 black edition seats are basically the exact same seat as the regular seats from 09-'12 except recovered and with the Recaro logo embroidered.

There is a thread on NAGTROC on it. Its the exact same Recaro frame with different covering. So people who say "oh man... stock seats SUCK... but the BE ROCK!" are happily enjoying a placebo effect

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....-recaro-seats/

Last edited by mlambert890; 06-03-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:42 AM
So for the 2013 Black Edition, are the Recaro seats different than in the 2012?

Old 07-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Liquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of light
I am in the same boat!

I just bought a 2012 Premium and the damn seat is killing me. The side of the seat that sticks up is hurting my leg and after 20 mins I start to cramp... I need a bigger seat!

Old 07-28-2013, 10:06 AM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
Seats

Originally Posted by Liquid Assets
I am in the same boat!

I just bought a 2012 Premium and the damn seat is killing me. The side of the seat that sticks up is hurting my leg and after 20 mins I start to cramp... I need a bigger seat!
Go to Recaro's web site .You will find just what you are looking for .I went with the Sportster CS and love em.There is an seat for every ***!

Last edited by roketman; 07-29-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Banned
Boost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant future
The Recaro Sportster CS seats are the most comfortable stock seats I have ever sat in... I would highly recommend them.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:49 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
For a similar seat in a Porsche, the cost for a pair of GT2 seats with carbon back is only 5.6K brand new and can be have for cheaper used. What makes it OK for the SpecV seats to cost 4 times more is beyond my comprehension.
Originally Posted by mlambert890
I dont see how this logic makes sense. There isnt a correlation between super high quality aftermarket parts and the purchase price of the car.

I mean is it ok to put the $27k seats into a $170k 911 Turbo so you end up at $200k? Given the GTR and the 911 Turbo have pretty much the same mission and are continually compared head to head, I dont get the logic of setting an artificial price ceiling on mods for it that wouldnt be applied to a 911 Turbo.

Basically, by this logic modding budget for any car is capped based on what it cost. If this logic were universal, there would pretty much be no super high performance EVOs and STIs. So clearly this is a minority viewpoint

That said, I personally like the stock seats.

Also, the '12 black edition seats are basically the exact same seat as the regular seats from 09-'12 except recovered and with the Recaro logo embroidered.

There is a thread on NAGTROC on it. Its the exact same Recaro frame with different covering. So people who say "oh man... stock seats SUCK... but the BE ROCK!" are happily enjoying a placebo effect

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....-recaro-seats/

Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by brainpa
Dntlvet.

Really?

amerlemans....right on.
I guess cars are just cars and value is not perceived equally!

Old 09-05-2013, 03:17 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I had the BE and the driver's seat is different than the passenger's. I found the passenger seat very comfortable, which wasn't a help! The driver's seat has narrower thigh bolsters and they are just way too tight unless you are REALLY skinny. Some guy on GTR Life had the seat removed, padding taken off and then bent the thigh support rails out to get them more comfortable. I contemplated that, but sold the car instead.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:42 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
lol! The seats are one of the reasons why I enjoy the driving position for hours at a time (about to drive another 350 miles tomorrow, headed back home).

Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Electron Mike is on a distinguished road
+1. I wish I would have read about the issues with the BE Recaros before I bought a 2014. I did notice the narrow driver's seat on the 20 minute test drive, but after longer seat time they were just too uncomfortable. Live and learn, I sold the car as well.

Originally Posted by ryem3
I had the BE and the driver's seat is different than the passenger's. I found the passenger seat very comfortable, which wasn't a help! The driver's seat has narrower thigh bolsters and they are just way too tight unless you are REALLY skinny. Some guy on GTR Life had the seat removed, padding taken off and then bent the thigh support rails out to get them more comfortable. I contemplated that, but sold the car instead.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:00 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Electron Mike
+1. I wish I would have read about the issues with the BE Recaros before I bought a 2014. I did notice the narrow driver's seat on the 20 minute test drive, but after longer seat time they were just too uncomfortable. Live and learn, I sold the car as well.
Not to make light of your misadventure, but did you read "My Expensive Test Drive..."?
That's EXACTLY what happened to me!

Old 09-10-2013, 05:02 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
lol! The seats are one of the reasons why I enjoy the driving position for hours at a time (about to drive another 350 miles tomorrow, headed back home).
I've only had my GT-R for about three weeks now and am waiting to drive it another 2-3 weeks before I give my full review of it like I said I would in the other thread but I will say now that the seats are absolutely fantastic in this car. Surprisingly, the wifey said to me on our way to dinner last week "I'm very surprised at how comfortable these seats are...much more so than your M3 and Porsches before it".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTR Seats!!! YUCK!!!! Need help!!!