Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GTR Seats!!! YUCK!!!! Need help!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:27 PM
LamboMan is on a distinguished road
GTR Seats!!! YUCK!!!! Need help!!!

I hate the factory seats in my GTR, any help would be appreciated, what are people putting in these cars?

Old 03-27-2012, 03:09 PM
domesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to behold
Sorry, I can't help you on the seats as I haven't heard anyone complain about that on the GTRs but when you find your replacement seats and don't want your front seats lying around the house taking up space, let me know. I'll take them off your hands

Old 03-27-2012, 03:12 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
i would get a pair of mail order Japanese "brides"

Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
you wouldn't happen to have a Black Edition would you? if so, they are selling for quite a bit, you may make out in the end if you go with like Recaros...

Old 03-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Pretty sure he has a 2010...

Try the Recaros in the 2012 and up Black Edition cars. Awesome seats.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ +1. 2012 seats are a little better...

But, I must agree with 'demon - I haven't heard too many complaints about the seats.

What exactly is wrong with them?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:17 PM
dimitri is on a distinguished road
I agree totally had a 2010 and the seats are not the best plus the
Stiff run flat tires.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Site Sponsor
vividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond repute
We do alot of bride or status seats. The technocraft seats are cool too.

Really depends on what you don't like about the factory seats.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:58 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
You are correct! The stock seats suck.I replaced mine with Recaro Sportster CS seats .Simply awesome.The most comfortable seat I have ever had or sat in.
Check them out on Recaros web site
Click on photo for a large image

Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by roketman
You are correct! The stock seats suck.I replaced mine with Recaro Sportster CS seats .Simply awesome.The most comfortable seat I have ever had or sat in.
Check them out on Recaros web site
Click on photo for a large image
Those look great. Unfortunately any aftermarket seat will set off the airbag warning light due to the lack of airbags in the seat. The stock seats are Recaros. One option is to have the stock seats inserts refinished in leather, even a contrasting type, for a better look. I find the stock seats very comfortable but think they could look a bit nicer.

Or if you have serious connections you can get a set of the SpecV seats for $27k. Full leather, carbon back, light weight.

Last edited by Tahoe M3; 03-30-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
Those look great. Unfortunately any aftermarket seat will set off the airbag warning light due to the lack of airbags in the seat. The stock seats are Recaros. One option is to have the stock seats inserts refinished in leather, even a contrasting type, for a better look. I find the stock seats very comfortable but think they could look a bit nicer.

Or if you have serious connections you can get a set of the SpecV seats for $27k. Full leather, carbon back, light weight.
...$27k for a set of seats?! looks nice though. worth it if you want the OEM look.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:48 PM
beb
beb is on a distinguished road
Recaro... ASM Recaro... Theyre gorgeous and quality is top notch.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Pizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to behold
I think the recaro cs sportsters have airbag options. Vivid should be able to answer this. I agree the cs sportsters are one of the best looking seats. I had a set in my b7 s4 , but mine were oem euro rs4 seats. Same thing.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
$27k seats in a $75k car....One would have to be a complete imbecile to do that

Old 04-02-2012, 08:33 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
air bag issue

You take the air bag sensor out of your stock seat and velcro it to the bottom of the new Recaro seat .Problem solved.Works great for me in my GTR.No issues.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTR Seats!!! YUCK!!!! Need help!!!