Workout routines...help a fat as get in better shape!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 08:18 PM
TT Tommy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
you are right and i am wrong - i know this - and no disrespect taken at all mang - just saying - if you wanna watch the scale and drop that water-weight & "baby fat" doing that routine for a few days will GET R DONE!
Haha, yeah that does work for that!

I had a buddy that decided to drop some lbs. His program was to do carpentry on his house, smoke joints and drink 1 Jamba Juice a day only.
He did it for a MONTH!!!!

tw

Old 06-02-2008, 08:32 PM
CCns23 has a spectacular aura aboutCCns23 has a spectacular aura about
OK, situps suck....

Here's what I was planning on doing for a typical week. Keep the advice coming..

Food: Breakfast will be a 3 egg omlette with water and a multi grain english muffin (no butter, unless I hear otherwise). I'll switch that off every couple of days with a bowl of wheat chex or a bowl of oatmeal.
Snack mid-morning will be an apple, banana or a box of raisins.
Lunch: I was thinking turkey sandwiches, tuna fish or the occasional grilled chicken sandwich.
Dinner: This is gonna be the toughest meal of the day since I love my pasta and such. Plus I gotta try to make things that Sandy wants to eat too. But again, will try to keep this to grilled chicken salads, grilled chicken sandwiches, turkey burgers, shrimp, crab legs, maybe some salmon. Not trying to starve myself, but just eat a little better.

Workouts:
Sunday: Chest, cardio (walk or run on elliptical), 100 (2x50)sit ups
Monday: Cardio, 100 situps
Tues: Cardio, Legs, 100 situps, 35 push ups (or as many as I can do)
Wed: Cardio, 50 crunches (or as many as I can do),
Thurs: Arms (biceps, triceps), 100 situps
Friday: Cardio, 50 crunches, 35 pushups
Sat: Cardio only...and Cars & coffee

I think I'll be OK with the workout part, my concerns are more with the food. It shouldn't be too hard since I already do the little things, no white bread (wheat or multigrain only) and only really drink water/green tea (cutting back on the green tea). The hardest part will be mixing up the food daily so I don't get bored eating the same stuff over and over.

Thanks again for all the advice. Again, keep it coming.

Last edited by CCns23; 06-02-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh, and I'm not looking to lost the weight fast. I want it to be gradual, 2-3 lbs/week. I know in the beginning I'll drop it a little quicker, but I'm not in any real rush.

Just weighed myself.

208lbs.

Not terrible, but it needs to go. Shooting for 175-180 lbs to start. Hopefully I can lose more, but that's a goal I think I can achieve.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:05 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CCns23
Oh, and I'm not looking to lost the weight fast. I want it to be gradual, 2-3 lbs/week. I know in the beginning I'll drop it a little quicker, but I'm not in any real rush.

Just weighed myself.

208lbs.

Not terrible, but it needs to go. Shooting for 175-180 lbs to start. Hopefully I can lose more, but that's a goal I think I can achieve.

I SHOTGUN first pics of Chris with my car flexing his tricepts!

Old 06-02-2008, 09:24 PM
TT Tommy is on a distinguished road

Just weighed myself.

208lbs.

Sonnds like you're on the right track

tw

Old 06-03-2008, 06:02 AM
Michael2364 will become famous soon enough
Rome wasn't built in a day. REMEMBER THAT. Start with the basics. Push ups and pull ups before jumping over to weights. You need to prepare the SUPPORTIVE structure before you can build on it. You will lessen the chance for orthopedic injuries but starting easy. Walk before you run. stretch after you walk. then stretch after your run. You don't stretch your muscles cold. Warm them up first. stretching after you run will cut your recovery rate in half. Jumping rope is an excellent form of cardio thats often overlooked. Try jumping rope for 3 minutes straight, before commenting about it. It speaks for itself. Spread your m caloric intake out over 6 meals. You should be eating every 2-3hrs. you should have a bottle of fluids strapped to your waist. Drink all day. Do not make the mistake soooo many people make by drinking water alone. You WILL lose too much potassium,calcium,magnesium,and sodium through the excessive urination that drinking all day will cause. ALTERNATE a bottle of water and a bottle of sports drink. Your work outs will improve drastically, your glycemic level will be stabilized and you won't be as moody due to the loss of starchy carbs I would recommend you loose from your diet. Find a MOTIVATED workout buddy. See a DR. before you start anything and make sure your healthy to exercise. If you can afford a coach and a nutritionist, get one. They take the guess work out of your workouts, and will set you up in the right direction. You will see results faster. If you can spend 1500 bucks on sport cats you can get a full time coach for almost a year. BTW I'm a life long Triathlete. I have trained and competed my entire life. Go to you tube and type triathlon and you will find very moving clips that will keep you motivated. Enter a local race at the end of the year and use that as a goal to strive for. Sorry to ramble.PM me if you need more info

Old 06-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks again for all the advice, tips and the like. I really do appreciate it everyone. Lots of great stuff here.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:34 PM
ttowsontt will become famous soon enough
heres my routine and it works, im 5'11" 160lbs and 5% bf but for the experts, feel free to critique. i have been doing this for a while so keep in mind my results did not happen over night, nor did they happen over a couple months. it started off way more strict/clean but i have adapted my program to something i can live with, which i think is the most important thing. also, i actually go into my office at 11am (although i am technically working at 8) so i have a lot of flexibility.

8am- wake up, eat parillo protein bar and one of my home made/healthy oatmeal cookies (ill post my recipe below this)
830am - go to the gym (i only lift 3 days a week but i do 25 minutes on the elliptical every morning at a low heart rate, low heart rate exercise burns fat which is the reason why i dont run alot on a treadmill, too high heart rate and i dont want to burn muscle).
10am - come home drink protein shake
12-1230pm - eat lunch at a real place, usually i will get sushi (dont eat the fried rolls etc, just good fish) or panera bread or subway. if i go to subway ill get a 6" with double meat (less bread) and a ton of veggies on it and a side of apples. panera bread ill get a straight up turkey sandwich one multi grain bread with an apple and a bowl of chicken noodle soup. the main thing for me for lunch is to try and get good carbs and i always double up on the protein if i can.
2pm - parillo protein bar
4pm - ill take an entire 8oz package of lunch meat turkey, slap it between some pepperage farm light wheat bread with some lettuce tomato and fat free mayo, maybe a side salad or some green beans if i have time to prepare.
6pm - parillo protein bar
630pm - 25 minutes elliptical
8pm - same meal as my 4pm
10pm - if im starving ill do another protein shake, the stuff i have has 150 calories per serving, hardly any carbs and 33 grams protein. i dont do this every night but my traditionalist said if im hungry dont starve. the thing is, my metabolism is so high from eating so often that i am STARVING sometimes at night, plus i tend to go to bed around 1230-1am.
again feel free to critique this but this works for me.

here is my oatmeal cookie thing i do because i love to eat oatmeal and eggs in the morning for my training and due to time constraints its tough to make eggs and oatmeal. i take 4oz of egg beaters and mix that with 2 cups of oatmeal. then i put in 2 scoops of protein and a splash of vanilla and cinnamon. then i add splenda to the batter and bake for 25 minutes at 350. dont make too many because they only last for 5 days or so but it is a quick and surprisingly pretty good way to get your good carbs and some protein for your work out.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Nice routine. On the elliptical 2x's a day? Never thought of that. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll hit the ellipical in the morning then the big walk/jog in the evening when I get home. Great stuff. Thanks!!

Old 06-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Bellefonte is on a distinguished road
Jump roping always kicks my ***, but my advice should be the lowest because I only do 10 dead lifts every 4th morning.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Nice routine. On the elliptical 2x's a day? Never thought of that. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll hit the ellipical in the morning then the big walk/jog in the evening when I get home. Great stuff. Thanks!!
regardless of what you do its definitely got to be a combo of exercise and eating right, its really tough to achieve your goals without doing both. ive been doing it so consistently its not a chore, its just part of my routine and when that happens you dont think about it much. i prefer the elliptical because again its low heart rate and its really low impact so going in the morning and night doesnt kill my knees

Old 06-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by ttowsontt
heres my routine and it works, im 5'11" 160lbs and 5% bf but for the experts, feel free to critique. i have been doing this for a while so keep in mind my results did not happen over night, nor did they happen over a couple months. it started off way more strict/clean but i have adapted my program to something i can live with, which i think is the most important thing. also, i actually go into my office at 11am (although i am technically working at 8) so i have a lot of flexibility.

8am- wake up, eat parillo protein bar and one of my home made/healthy oatmeal cookies (ill post my recipe below this)
830am - go to the gym (i only lift 3 days a week but i do 25 minutes on the elliptical every morning at a low heart rate, low heart rate exercise burns fat which is the reason why i dont run alot on a treadmill, too high heart rate and i dont want to burn muscle).
10am - come home drink protein shake
12-1230pm - eat lunch at a real place, usually i will get sushi (dont eat the fried rolls etc, just good fish) or panera bread or subway. if i go to subway ill get a 6" with double meat (less bread) and a ton of veggies on it and a side of apples. panera bread ill get a straight up turkey sandwich one multi grain bread with an apple and a bowl of chicken noodle soup. the main thing for me for lunch is to try and get good carbs and i always double up on the protein if i can.
2pm - parillo protein bar
4pm - ill take an entire 8oz package of lunch meat turkey, slap it between some pepperage farm light wheat bread with some lettuce tomato and fat free mayo, maybe a side salad or some green beans if i have time to prepare.
6pm - parillo protein bar
630pm - 25 minutes elliptical
8pm - same meal as my 4pm
10pm - if im starving ill do another protein shake, the stuff i have has 150 calories per serving, hardly any carbs and 33 grams protein. i dont do this every night but my traditionalist said if im hungry dont starve. the thing is, my metabolism is so high from eating so often that i am STARVING sometimes at night, plus i tend to go to bed around 1230-1am.
again feel free to critique this but this works for me.

here is my oatmeal cookie thing i do because i love to eat oatmeal and eggs in the morning for my training and due to time constraints its tough to make eggs and oatmeal. i take 4oz of egg beaters and mix that with 2 cups of oatmeal. then i put in 2 scoops of protein and a splash of vanilla and cinnamon. then i add splenda to the batter and bake for 25 minutes at 350. dont make too many because they only last for 5 days or so but it is a quick and surprisingly pretty good way to get your good carbs and some protein for your work out.
I'm not saying this to critique you . I'm saying this because your going to wind up on a dialysis machine due to the ridiculous strain your putting on your kidneys with the amount of protien your consuming. If what you listed above is how you work out, you should not be consuming any additional protien aside from what your food supplies. Protien is the most misunderstood and misused suppliment out there. The only protien your body stores is what it needs. You need to work out for hours and hours at anaerobic threshold to deplete your Carb levels enough to trigger your fats to burn before protien levels dip even remotely and start to burn muscle. So when you suppliment protien that you don't need, your relying on your kidneys to get rid of it, and for them to get rid of it, your will need to consume mass quantities of fluid to flush them out. More than you can tolerate by mouth. Being that nobody drinks like that ,over time your degrading your kidneys ability to rid the body of its excess wastes. So if your concerned about burning muscle, eat a piece of bread to replenish your carb level so your protien is spared. Carbs are your friend. But a fuel injected Porsche is better.. Isn't this a car forum? Why the hell are we talking about this crap.. Sheesh.. pm me if you need more info. Later

Old 06-03-2008, 08:07 PM
My body is not happy with me right now. Only 3 days in and it's being a whiney *****. But I'm not quitting so quickly. I figure it's gonna take a few weeks to adjust but if I can make it through that I should have no problem keeping it up.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Pain is the whiney ***** leaving your body. Its just letting you know its leaving.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:42 PM
ill take any and all advice. i was actually under the assumption that i wasnt eating enough protein. my nutritionalist told me i should be consuming 1 to 1.5 times my body weight in grams of protein a day. by my calculations i am somewhere around 200 grams a day, is that still too much in your opinion??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Workout routines...help a fat as get in better shape!!