Need Some Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:44 AM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
Need Some Advice

I'm putting this here in the local section first since you guys know the area the best.

I just passed real estate school and should be completing all my licensing requirements here in the next few weeks, I should have my license and be ready to go the first week in July.

Basically my issue comes down to this regarding a brokerage to sign on with. Do I go w/ a broker who is willing to hand me leads, be a mentor, be there every step of the way while I learn the trade, yet whose office is in Pennsauken or do I go w/ someone whose office is in Cherry Hill, Mt Laurel, Voorhees, Marlton, Haddonfield, Moorestown etc and possibly sacrifice some of the mentoring and lead generation?

Not that I have anything against Pennsauken but my concern is that to some buyers/sellers it "may" create a stigma vs. those brokerages in other areas.

Do you think this is a valid concern and what would be your preference/motivation?

I am leaning towards the place in Pennsauken but I don't want the location to prohibit me from making deals in other areas.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:30 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
You live in New Jersey? and are thinking about working there too?

One word of advice: RUN!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 11:53 AM
DaNaz///UR is infamous around these parts
Cabt hurt to have some help along thee way in the early stages. If not you might kick yourself later!?! Just my 2 pennies!

Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 PM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
You live in New Jersey? and are thinking about working there too?

One word of advice: RUN!!!

don't worry I'm coming to pa soon enough...but on topic...touche

Old 05-29-2009, 04:44 PM
jerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud of
I own a mortgage company in Voorhees and know a fair amount of the Brokers in South Jersey. I can tell you that being in our business right now with little to no mentoring is a very very bad idea. The leads you can always find, but you need someone who can tell you how to handle the issues that come up. I find myself teaching those under-trained realtors how to do their job all the time. They are constantly frustrated, never know what to do, and lose credibility with their clients. School won't teach you what a good mentor can. What you will gain in ability from having a day to day will more than make up for any losses from the location. Just make sure you are learning from someone that is really offering something. Pm me if I can be of more help.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:18 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jerseybeemer
I own a mortgage company in Voorhees and know a fair amount of the Brokers in South Jersey. I can tell you that being in our business right now with little to no mentoring is a very very bad idea. The leads you can always find, but you need someone who can tell you how to handle the issues that come up. I find myself teaching those under-trained realtors how to do their job all the time. They are constantly frustrated, never know what to do, and lose credibility with their clients. School won't teach you what a good mentor can. What you will gain in ability from having a day to day will more than make up for any losses from the location. Just make sure you are learning from someone that is really offering something. Pm me if I can be of more help.
Great post.

/thread.