Should I stay or should I go now? My 986 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Should I stay or should I go now? My 986 S

As everyone may know I have more then 1 or 2 issues with the car since getting it back. I have a few ideas in mind about what to do about getting it fixed but since I am to emo attached to it, I thought I would ask you all what I should do. Remember, out of every Porsche I have drivenI like it more then all but the GT3RS. Here are what I have in mind:

1. Send it to Imagine Auto and have them fix it. (no idea on when I would get it back or how much it will cost)

2. find another mech local to get it done who knows nothing about the kit. MZ is going to be gone to long to fix it.

3. Take off the SC and sell it and then sell the car. (No clue what to buy to replace or if I will buy another car)

4. Have somone local do a BIG build like a 4.0 on it and make 400+ HP (who can build and tune local??)

5. Try to get Todd Z with Proto to take a look at it while he is here working on Jag's car. I just thought of this and have not even approched to see if there is an interest in it. Expensive but may be worth it.

6. Screw it and let it collect dust in the garage like it has done for the last 1.5 years.

As you can see I am very frustrated about how few of miles I have driven it and how ofted it has been at the shop. I always think that it is just this one last thing to make it perfect.

Thanks for the ideas seattle 6speeders.

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 02-25-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:38 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
Josh...

What are the problems that you're having with it? Besides the 02 Sensor?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:41 PM
I know you were getting a misfire on 3 cylinders because of the 02 sensor, but that should be a fairly easy fix.

What else is pissing you off about the car?

Old 02-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I have no clue I fixed the O2 and it worked fine for about 20 miles then......back at it!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Tell you what, Lets say you were to throw a BBQ and I bring myself and a finicky cars' worst nightmare (Pocket Punjab / Ashis) and we get your car running right.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Just a boxster?
Sunday??? Food and Beer my house all Seattle 6Speeders are invited garage party! Please RSVP!

(Carrie is going to love this!) If I tell her

Old 02-25-2008, 11:42 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Yank the SC and rebuild to a larger motor.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 PM
I think Ashis has a track day that day (he's breaking in his new track E30).

Let me run it past him and see which day is best to ***** him out.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Just a boxster?
David

Who is going to build and tune??? This is the issue I am having with any choice.

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 02-26-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Josh,

Lets see if we can get your car running right before you start dumping MORE money into it and pull more out of your GT3 fund =P

Old 02-26-2008, 07:42 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
The BBQ idea sounds like a good one! Send me your address via PM! Maybe I can bring my dog, Tahoe. What else should we bring?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Just a boxster?
Originally Posted by atomic80
The BBQ idea sounds like a good one! Send me your address via PM! Maybe I can bring my dog, Tahoe. What else should we bring?

PM sent.....Tahoe can come for sure...you on the otherhand.

You could bring a side dish of your choice if you would like.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 AM
I think he's down to come out.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Just a boxster?
Mitchel

What is thegame plan now that you are going to be on "vacation" for a while.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:30 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
PM sent.....Tahoe can come for sure...you on the otherhand.

You could bring a side dish of your choice if you would like.
Very funny, ok, fine, I'll drop her off and then you can dog sit her while I go out and play in the snow!

Seriously aside, I'll be there. What time?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I stay or should I go now? My 986 S