Put the EVO 8 up for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Put the EVO 8 up for sale

SOLD!

The Mini dealer wants nothing to do with it, & offered $6 under BBK trade in! So we are going to sell it ourselves.

$500 to who ever helps me sell it.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...54#post1755254

Last edited by Stealth 993; 03-27-2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: SOLD IT!
Old 03-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Evader is on a distinguished road
Send me a link to pics, pricing, contact, and mod information and I will post it for you on evolutionm for you.

The truth be told you will need to look at median blue book and then knock $1-$2g off for a decent sale turn around time.

I have had mine for sale for over 8 months and have had bites but, I am not going to sell my car to a 17 year old kid who is going to kill himslef.

You know how to get in touch with me.............

Old 03-25-2008, 01:07 PM
theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !
from one evo owner to another... take the mods off, sell the car for "asking $22k" if you want it gone.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Evader
Send me a link to pics, pricing, contact, and mod information and I will post it for you on evolutionm for you.

The truth be told you will need to look at median blue book and then knock $1-$2g off for a decent sale turn around time.

I have had mine for sale for over 8 months and have had bites but, I am not going to sell my car to a 17 year old kid who is going to kill himslef.

You know how to get in touch with me.............
It's already up there, I've been on that board for a couple of years, just don't post a whole lot.

BBK for TRADE in is $23,500, PP sale is $27k. So $25,500 is right in there.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...74#post5454274

Old 03-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by theblue
from one evo owner to another... take the mods off, sell the car for "asking $22k" if you want it gone.
Yes, if I don't get the right bites, then all the mods will come off. It shouldn't take more then a couple of hours to get it back to stock.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:53 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
After seeing that, I'm going to go punch ashis for selling his evo for so cheap.

He had a Vishnu 390 kit on his, fully track prepped (full Cascade Cage), bought it for like 17k and sold it for 20k.

Good luck on the sale, I really like these cars. Too bad they're not german.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by mitchelrl

Good luck on the sale, I really like these cars. Too bad they're not german.
Thanks, yes, it may not be German, but it will beat most German cars, in just about every way, except luxury. It's so dam reliable. Once you hit the go pedal, you forget what it looks like!

It seam like modded ones tend to go for less, weird.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth 993

BBK for TRADE in is $23,500, PP sale is $27k. So $25,500 is right in there.
More like $22.5K......you must not be that eager.

Truth be told the banks are only handing out low $20s and most of the buyers are in that same age group these days. So basically you are asking someone to come up with $3000 plus the tax outside of the loan they will need..............

To put it in perspective I list my car at $28.5 with a fully built nut and two sets of wheels......in the end I expect to get $25K-$26K.

I just watched a local EVO modded like yours go for ~$18K the other day.....feel the pain brother.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:56 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
Ashis's first time driving it, he pulled a 1:39 around pacific (coming from an integra with half the power as well). It was so sad that he sold it, He probably would have kept it if he could DD it, but it was so fricken loud (tunnels were fun!). Sold it for 18 actually, and he kept all of the spare parts from the interior and wheels etc. But he bought it for 17k.

Full Specs
Mechanical Details:
- Vishnu Stage 1 Plus V390 kit includes the EXEDE piggyback computer. Professionally installed and tuned by Shiv Pathak President of Vishnu Performance on an AWD Dyno in Redmond, WA
- Dyno tuned approximately 390 hp on 92 oct pump gas
- 3" B&B Catback Exhaust
- Helix 3" Downpipe
- HKS 264 Intake Cam
- HKS 272 exhaust Cam
- Two (2) HKS Adjustable Cam Gears set at (-3 Intake/-3 Exhaust)
- Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump
- Autometer Carbon Fiber Boost Gauge
- Evo VII tail lights
- Grounding Wires, thicker gauge
- Stock clutch in great shap, grabs hard. Car has never been drag raced and never abused with "launching"
- Greddy Turbo Timer

Recent Maintenance:
- Fresh Redline fluids (transfer case, transmission, rear diff)
- Mobile 1 synthetic motor oil always
- New spark plugs
- Fresh radiator flush and fluid
- Recent brake system flush with Motul RBF600 racing brake fluid
- Brake disks are in great shape!

Interior Modifications (for track/racing):
- Extensive weight reduction, gutted interior of all basic interior pieces, plastic panels, carpets, seats, AC, dash, etc...
- Professionally removed sound deadening material
- Dash board has been gutted about 65%
- Cascade Motorsports professional, completely custom 6 point roll cage with professional custom paint to match body exterior paint. Custom fabricated mounting "boxes" points for cage. Rear section welded to rear shock towers. This is probably the best cage money can buy, over $10,000 invested on the cage alone! Absolutely stunning!
- Sparco Circuit Pro racing seat, hardly used
- Willans FIA certified 6 pt cam locking racing harnesses (only the best!), hardly used
- Custom seat brackets fabricated by Cascade Motorsports
- Custom fabricated brackets to hold sunroof in place (sunroof motor, tracks, mechanisms completely removed)
- Custom fabricated brackets to hold up rear door glass (rear door power window system completely removed)
- Front windows are still operational (power)
- Power rear mirrors are still operational
- Fully functionaly heater
- AC system removed including refridgerant behind dash
- Interior has been completely painted to match exterior paint, floor, roof, cage, etc...

Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Brakes:
- Completely stock suspension is very track worthy and the car handles very neutral probably due to cage stiffening up chassis and weight reduction
- Stock Enkei wheels, new Falken Azenis RT-615 255/40/17 (Street)
- Stock Evo IX wheels, (Track)
- Ferodo Front/Rear Brake Pads (Street)
- Stock Rotors (Street)
- Carbotech XP8 Front Brake Pads (Track, barely used!)
- Rotora Slotted/Vented Rotors (Track)

Old 03-26-2008, 12:09 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Cable, you're selling yours? Really? What brought that on? I'm still waiting for my ride in that thing!

Old 03-26-2008, 08:39 AM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
best of luck with the sale. they are tough to sell. i tried selling mine last year and ended up keeping it because i thought the car was worth much more than buyers thought. at least the wing is a nice table to put stuff on while i work in my garage LOL

Old 03-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Evader
More like $22.5K......you must not be that eager.

Truth be told the banks are only handing out low $20s and most of the buyers are in that same age group these days. So basically you are asking someone to come up with $3000 plus the tax outside of the loan they will need..............

To put it in perspective I list my car at $28.5 with a fully built nut and two sets of wheels......in the end I expect to get $25K-$26K.

I just watched a local EVO modded like yours go for ~$18K the other day.....feel the pain brother.
I didn't realize the EVO's price had dropped so drastically! I'm not letting it go for nothing, it's a solid car, & in much better shape then most out there.

We talked, & it looks like $23,500 is our goal modded, & $22,000 put back to stock. The only down side is when I pull the radio, I'm not going to wire up the old speakers, so it will not work.

Then I figure I can sell the mods & stereo for $2500-3500.

She said I can keep it, if I pay the insurance, but I don't want to spend another $200 a month on it!

Old 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Cable, you're selling yours? Really? What brought that on? I'm still waiting for my ride in that thing!
I am not eager to sell it bro.

I don't see it going anywhere soon.

You will have your ride.......I was thinking to bringing it to a meet sometime in the near future.

Heading to Japan here shortly.....we'll chat again when I return. (I'll still be on the boards though)

Old 03-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
I didn't realize the EVO's price had dropped so drastically! I'm not letting it go for nothing, it's a solid car, & in much better shape then most out there.

We talked, & it looks like $23,500 is our goal modded, & $22,000 put back to stock. The only down side is when I pull the radio, I'm not going to wire up the old speakers, so it will not work.

Then I figure I can sell the mods & stereo for $2500-3500.

She said I can keep it, if I pay the insurance, but I don't want to spend another $200 a month on it!
Now you know where I am at. I think the X has really caused some of the market to be flooded with VIII's and IX's.....you know what they say, supply and demand.

The funny thing is there are alot of beat on cars or basically stock cars out there and in a flooded market it is not easy to tell the difference. My car is not beat on as I am sure neither is yours.

Just my $0.02......pull the sounds and drop the price unless you really want to keep the car......IMHO, the price will only continue to fall. I am way to comitted on my build....she goes as is or not at all.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:38 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I recall you telling me about your trip to Japan. When do you return? I'd like that ride soon. First Ben tries to make me "deafer" and now you're going to make me wet my pants. What a bunch you guys are!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Put the EVO 8 up for sale