172hp 6lbs of Torque =my new ride

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJS
you must have a "great personality"

Thanks for the laugh PJ that one had me on the ground since we all know Mark is a *****.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:58 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
HAHAHA

I was expecting Cayenne TTS, ML63, or the like.

MCS is still a special car. I almost bought one on 2 different occasions.

Congrats!

Old 06-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the Mini! We have been loving ours!

What did you get in it? Have you found the "S" button?

The CF parts are cool, we got all of them on ours, but didn't have the dealer do the install, as they wanted $150 to install the shift ****, that takes, about 30sec to install. The mirror cap, literally just pop off, they take about 2min a side to install.

After a couple of thousand miles, it starts to pull harder, & get better MPG, we are averaging about 37mpg combined driving.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:44 PM
niter1dah has a spectacular aura aboutniter1dah has a spectacular aura aboutniter1dah has a spectacular aura about
Congrats on your new ride

Old 06-02-2008, 09:09 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Congrats on the Mini! We have been loving ours!

What did you get in it? Have you found the "S" button?

The CF parts are cool, we got all of them on ours, but didn't have the dealer do the install, as they wanted $150 to install the shift ****, that takes, about 30sec to install. The mirror cap, literally just pop off, they take about 2min a side to install.

After a couple of thousand miles, it starts to pull harder, & get better MPG, we are averaging about 37mpg combined driving.

thanks for the info. thinking 30mpg is good when I bought it, if I get 37 that would be cool.

I'll hit you up on install advice on the parts.

I don't know exactly what's in it. Cooper S with Nav. It has the cold weather deal. I think I had all the options offered but don't know. I didn't really pay attention I liked the color combo. tinted front windows where part of some $1200 up charge. Good news on that is only 90% was profit for them.

It's got that key in your pocket start thing. A cool joystick thing that runs the navigation radio and data screen on the speedo. Other than that it's just a pretty darn cool car. Very comfortable to drive.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 PM
E-Man is on a distinguished road
Mark, Seriousy...I know I haven't known you very long, but is your ego going to fit inside this thing?

Old 06-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
thanks for the info. thinking 30mpg is good when I bought it, if I get 37 that would be cool.

I'll hit you up on install advice on the parts.

I don't know exactly what's in it. Cooper S with Nav. It has the cold weather deal. I think I had all the options offered but don't know. I didn't really pay attention I liked the color combo. tinted front windows where part of some $1200 up charge. Good news on that is only 90% was profit for them.

It's got that key in your pocket start thing. A cool joystick thing that runs the navigation radio and data screen on the speedo. Other than that it's just a pretty darn cool car. Very comfortable to drive.

Cool! The "I drive" thing is cool, & takes about a month to get used to. The voice commands are more of a PITA then anything else. The NAV is great, but you got to go through so dam many sub menu's. The convenience package is great! I can drive the car with my GF having her key in her pocketbook! The downside is the key keeps all your preferences.

First thing I do after starting the car is hit the S button! It's so much nicer!

Really the car is so much nicer then any non-owner thinks, it's so responsive & fun to drive, just a little low on power. That's easily fixed! Hopefully you got the LSD & sports package!

Old 06-02-2008, 11:22 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Cool! The "I drive" thing is cool, & takes about a month to get used to. The voice commands are more of a PITA then anything else. The NAV is great, but you got to go through so dam many sub menu's. The convenience package is great! I can drive the car with my GF having her key in her pocketbook! The downside is the key keeps all your preferences.

First thing I do after starting the car is hit the S button! It's so much nicer!

Really the car is so much nicer then any non-owner thinks, it's so responsive & fun to drive, just a little low on power. That's easily fixed! Hopefully you got the LSD & sports package!
I got all the packages don't remember LSD but didn't pay attention. What is that? I've seen the sport button down there but haven't hit it. The I drive does seem to be a little weird but so is that stupid bmw i drive. I'll learn and I will say that this car has to be driven before anyone is critical of it. They are really fricken cool

E-man my ego doesn't have to fit inside it. It's got a really big fricken sunroof. What doesn't fit inside I can park at your business when I'm working

Old 06-02-2008, 11:52 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I'll need help to spec mine so what are the must have options? Or should I just loaded all up? I want a convertible but worry that I will rattle like the my E46 M3. Man I hated that car.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I'll need help to spec mine so what are the must have options? Or should I just loaded all up? I want a convertible but worry that I will rattle like the my E46 M3. Man I hated that car.
i got more than i wanted i'm sure. your a power hound you might not ever be happy with a mini.

you mean rattle like your porsches.

if you order one talk to george gregory he was very nice.

Not that I've had a lot of experience with car salesman

Old 06-03-2008, 02:06 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Tomio Blakey @ Northwest Mini also seems like a polite strait-shooting guy. Never bought a car from him, but almost did on 2 occasions.

I can't picture you in an MCS (especially the Vert), Vincent.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:14 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WyattH
Tomio Blakey @ Northwest Mini also seems like a polite strait-shooting guy. Never bought a car from him, but almost did on 2 occasions.

I can't picture you in an MCS (especially the Vert), Vincent.
I know it's all Mark's fault..

Old 06-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Vincent just go and drive a 'vert I do not care for them but to each their own. Carrie likes her Mini so much that when I took it to go play golf she called and made sure that the car was OK not me.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Vincent just go and drive a 'vert I do not care for them but to each their own. Carrie likes her Mini so much that when I took it to go play golf she called and made sure that the car was OK not me.
My number 1 reason for considering a Mini is to avoid having to buy a Prius once the gas price goes above $5/g.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:35 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
My number 1 reason for considering a Mini is to avoid having to buy a Prius once the gas price goes above $5/g.
Vincent -- you would look really cute in a convertible mini

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 172hp 6lbs of Torque =my new ride