hey SEATTLE PEOPLE>>>i need advice!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:12 AM
silver_6r is on a distinguished road
hey SEATTLE PEOPLE>>>i need advice!!

hey guys... and girl!

ok, i have a 99 996... my tranny is going, and i need it replaced / repaired.

first problem... im in VANCOUVER, BC... shipping the gearbox to the USA is stupid expensive...

so do any of you know or can recommend a shop that is willing to drop my gearbox, ship it to colorado and install it when it comes back...

im sure doing it this way will save me atleast $1000 if not more on shipping...US national shipping is ~$200 each way compared to ~$700 each way here...

the car will probably sit at this person shop for atleast 1 week.. so that is the second major problem...

ok, thanks in advance!!

Rod

Old 06-30-2008, 11:16 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
hi rod,

i wish i had some good advice for you, but i don't. =( no experience in the shipping parts out department.

fortunately for us here in seattle, we have some great shops around that are very convenient for us. i haven't run into the issues that you are with having to ship out of the country.

good luck with everything! hopefully some of the guys here have some info for you!

=) jody

Old 06-30-2008, 11:38 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
I had Group 2 here in Seattle drop my box and send it to Ohio (Brian Copan is the P car tranny master - who is in Colorado?) Why not trailer the car down here and get it done that way?

Originally Posted by silver_6r
hey guys... and girl!

ok, i have a 99 996... my tranny is going, and i need it replaced / repaired.

first problem... im in VANCOUVER, BC... shipping the gearbox to the USA is stupid expensive...

so do any of you know or can recommend a shop that is willing to drop my gearbox, ship it to colorado and install it when it comes back...

im sure doing it this way will save me atleast $1000 if not more on shipping...US national shipping is ~$200 each way compared to ~$700 each way here...

the car will probably sit at this person shop for atleast 1 week.. so that is the second major problem...

ok, thanks in advance!!

Rod

Old 06-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by silversurfer
I had Group 2 here in Seattle drop my box and send it to Ohio (Brian Copan is the P car tranny master - who is in Colorado?) Why not trailer the car down here and get it done that way?

i can drive the car which is good...its just on the cusp of being bad... 1st is a *****... but once its in.. ok, and second is just starting to be a little harder to engage... no popping or grinding in either yet...

Powerhaus and GBOX are in Colorado... both highly recommended. i had a chat with both, and the guys at GBOX sound awesome... Powerhaus just forwarded my business to someone else... go figure... they didnt even bother to call me themselves!!

so i was thinking GBOX...they do lots of G96 boxes tons of cup cars... two day turnaround...

is group2 online...?

thanks for the reply

Last edited by silver_6r; 07-02-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:02 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Another alternative shop would be Cantrell Motorsport. They do good work and can handle shipping the tranny to Colorado if needed.

Group 2 Motorsport is in Seattle
www.group2inc.com

Cantrell Motorsport is in Kirkland, WA
www.cantrellmotorsport.com

Either could do the job for you. Good luck.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:46 PM
group 2 said they wont touch a PORSCHE... not even to drop the box... do bad because i told them they were recommended on here...

i tried cantrell, they were closed, so i will try again later...

thanks everyone... i havent driven my car in 1 week... and the weather is good right now... this sucks!!

Old 06-30-2008, 05:02 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
My mistake, it wasn't G2 that dropped the box on my car. It was Kevin at Ultimate Motorwerks. 360.805.9066. Most likely he's completely swamped but he's plenty qualified to do the job.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:49 AM
thanks for the advice...

hopefully i can get this resovled soon!!
Rod

Old 07-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I recomend you replace the rear main seal at the same time you have the tranny out.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by detailjohn
I recomend you replace the rear main seal at the same time you have the tranny out.
yea my, GMG looked at my car last summer and said everything was ok. i was under the car recently and havent noticed any signs of leakage... so i dont know if i want to mess with it now.... its made it this far!

Old 07-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Outlaw is on a distinguished road
yea i can do some thing like this.. if you would like more info you can email me at mzmotorsports@gmail.com

Old 07-05-2008, 10:53 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Cantrell is just out of town for a clients Wedding. He'll be back.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:35 AM
fly2low can only hope to improve
third rec for Cantrell. He will do what you ask. I know he likes CMS for transmission work, but will do what you ask.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:16 AM
Outlaw is on a distinguished road
or go to callin if you can get in.. I would be willing to do the R@R work if you want..

Old 07-07-2008, 09:33 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by atomic80
Another alternative shop would be Cantrell Motorsport. They do good work and can handle shipping the tranny to Colorado if needed.

Group 2 Motorsport is in Seattle
www.group2inc.com

Cantrell Motorsport is in Kirkland, WA
www.cantrellmotorsport.com

Either could do the job for you. Good luck.
I second Cantrell, they do great work, they are flexible and their prices are fair.

Seth.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hey SEATTLE PEOPLE>>>i need advice!!