Invitation: Montana Run III

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Sl33p3rS4 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
^^and take a lot of pictures. we like pictures! hehe!

james...just a thought, maybe some of the lack of interest could be that some of us have not met you yet? perhaps if you came out to some of the events and got to know some of gang they would be more interested in coming out? there are always new people coming to the events and maybe if you come out & get to know them, hang out, etc., you may see a different response? just a thought. =)

have fun on the drive! i hope you all have a nice time. =)
I've met many of the people on here....Whether they remember me or not

Last June I put together a drive when I had my S4 that took a group of us down to the Mt St Helens Observations Center road....

Pics of that drive can be seen here: http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...attro%20Drive/

I also put together another drive in July 2007 that took a group up to Mt Rainier. I unfortunately had clutch issues and couldn't even attend my own drive, but I met up with the group to pass out directions and all that.

I've been to a couple XXX Burger gatherings as well.

The primary issue is that I work a sales job that requires me to work weekends and because of that I cannot attend most of the meets.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:53 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^i totally understand the sales job on weekends and not being able to attend. my hubby has the same issue. =) he doesn't get out to many events either.

i guess i missed your drives last year. i don't know where i was. i usually don't miss too much on here! lol!

have fun on the drive!

Old 09-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
I have some intrest...maybe take the Diablo over..

Can you add a little, say how many miles and time for the drive on Saturday...

What Hotel is the group planning on staying at in Spokane??

The Montana Run III is estimated to be a 112 mile run into Montana with a stop for lunch, and then we'll be heading back the same way we came with a stop for photos and to stretch our legs.....

The current plan is to stay at the Double Tree in Spokane, but I can't confirm just yet......I have a friend who works for the SeaTac Hilton and he is trying to get some discounted rooms.

I'll post up the hotel as soon as I know for sure....Should be within the next couple days.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:55 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Not so much! Some of us actually have to work and have other prior obligations. (i.e. I will be returning from Greece on the 18th.)

I am actually very interested in more drives some where people do not cross double yellows then ***** about others driving. Remember we are not the only idiots on the road, imagine what wold happen if a bike came around that corner at xxx+ like we were.
Couldn't agree more. I seem to remember a few driving a little crazy, then complaning about getting pulled over.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:55 PM
^^i totally understand the sales job on weekends and not being able to attend. my hubby has the same issue. =) he doesn't get out to many events either.

i guess i missed your drives last year. i don't know where i was. i usually don't miss too much on here! lol!

have fun on the drive!
Thanks!

You joined the forum just after the last drive I planned....

I also changed jobs shortly after you joined and went from an office job with weekends off to a sales job with no weekends off....

I meant to introduce myself at a XXX Burger meet a while back, but didn't get the chance.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:58 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light

have fun on the drive!
James at least follows through when he sets up drives, even if his car is broken. Doesn't back out at the last minute.

Good luck getting some people to attend this.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by David_J
Couldn't agree more. I seem to remember a few driving a little crazy, then complaning about getting pulled over.
The Montana Run will be a fairly laid back drive....The cars in the front of the pack will be having a little fun while the cars in the back cruise along....

We have legal 1/4 mile and auto-x planned to really open things up.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:59 PM
James at least follows through when he sets up drives, even if his car is broken. Doesn't back out at the last minute.

Thanks

That was a sad, sad day....Several nice Porsches and Audis out and ready for a nice drive that I planned and I couldn't go

Old 09-02-2008, 03:01 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !

meee?? nahhhhhhhhhhhhh..... no backin' out here! i'm one of those picture taker....cars and coffee kind of people. lol! oh...and the occasional autox.

james...i'm jody. nice meeting you! i'm sure i'll meet you in person one of these days! =)

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 09-02-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:05 PM
meee?? nahhhhhhhhhhhhh..... i'm one of those picture taker....cars and coffee kind of people. lol! oh...and the occasional autox.

Yes you. You have planned a few events where you bailed due to weather or low repsones. Some people make plans to attend these drives and when they are changed at the last minute, it screws up people's schedules. Not all of us are without kids and can just change plans at the last second. Did you notice Mark had a great turnout? Because he set a date and time and stuck too it. None of this, do we do it sat or sun crap. Just pick a date and time and go with it.

Rant over.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:10 PM
sorry for any inconvenience. =*( i just try to accomodate as many people's schedules by offering a saturday or sunday to them. then go with the most popular date for the majority. i was trying to include as many people as i could. if there wasn't much reponse by the time the date rolled around, i assumed nobody was going or hardly anyone was interested.

i've planned quite a few of c&c's and picture days that did have good turnouts. i guess i have to just pick a day and hope it works with most everyone.

have a good time on the drive/autox everyone! =)

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 09-02-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:14 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I have to say that I agree with DJ on this one. You definitely shouldn't assume that nobody would want to go. You should stick with it no matter what happens although perhaps if you were to get everyone to vote on whether an event should be cancelled or not. That would be helpful perhaps.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:16 PM
^^sounds good to me. =)

i appreciate the advice. =D

Old 09-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
I have to say that I agree with DJ on this one. You definitely shouldn't assume that nobody would want to go. You should stick with it no matter what happens although perhaps if you were to get everyone to vote on whether an event should be cancelled or not. That would be helpful perhaps.
I sometimes don't know until right before if I can get someone to watch the kids or not. That's why I don't always post up if I'm going. There are many events where people are always just popping up without posting.

Now back to the scheduled program

James, event looks better this year. Still too far of a trek for me. I'm into 1 day trips.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
This six speed group is mostly interested in driving to a nearby parking lot and looking at each others cars.

Which is also why I quit setting up drives long ago. Remember our North Cascade trip.. that must have been 5 years ago?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Invitation: Montana Run III