Remembering 9/11 Thread: no politics please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Remembering 9/11 Thread: no politics please

Hey everyone,

I thought it might be nice to give a couple of thoughts about 9/11 and how it struck you, what impact it has had. Or just, where you were. Please, no politics or right or wrong speeches, etc. It's about the people that died and the people it effected.

Personally, I was on a machine gun range with about 150 other Rangers at Ft Benning, GA.

The guy running the event, got our attention, let us see what was going on, then put us back to work. TO say the least, we put our game faces on. It was like a bunch of Thoroughbreds itching to get out of the starting gates. There were a few of us that had family in the Pentagon, mostly fathers with a senior rank on their collar. We let those guys, get on the phone to home. The rest of us buckled down. We knew some of our buddies in the Regiment would be getting on a plane very soon. Jumping out of it in the middle of the night and getting our part of the job done.

Seven years later...is today. I sit in a pretty nice house, in a nice quite part of town, tinkering in my garage, taking a few moments to remember those that paid a heavy price that day. In the Pentagon they half expect this type of danger. In the WTC, they were just going to work. In that Pennsylvania field they were showing what Americans are made of.

Peace,

Trevor

West Point Class of 2001

Old 09-11-2008, 10:58 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe it has been 7 years already. I can still remember vividly those images on television that morning. The after effects on our country is unmeasurable. God bless the innocents.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:11 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
A truly surreal and sad day for everyone. Can't believe it's been this long already.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:38 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
my heart goes out to the families and friends and to the brave and heroic people that were there to help.

rest in peace

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 09-11-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:31 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I can't believe it has been 7 years already. I can still remember vividly those images on television that morning. The after effects on our country is unmeasurable. God bless the innocents.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Sl33p3rS4 is on a distinguished road
Such a sad, sad day...

I was at home and had just turned on the TV as the 2nd plane flew into the Twin Towers.

I remember not knowing what to think or even being able to grasp the situation.

As a side note, after taking a shower this morning I walked back into my bedroom right as my cell phone changed from 9:10am to 9:11am.

My heart jumped a bit.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:43 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I was in my first year of college. Sitting on a friends couch because I didn't have any classes until noon.

Turned on the TV and told her that we wouldn't need to worry about classes. Just watched TV all day. The TV was just silent, showing the smoke pouring out of the first building, and the second plane came into view. It was all to much. It seemed like it couldn't be real. Seeing that second plane hit made it all very very real, very very fast.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
I remember that day very well. I felt very sad and very angry at the same time.

I was less than 6 months out of the Marine Corps. I tried to go back in, but I have a 10% disability and they would not let me back in whatsoever. I went to the Army, Navy as well asking if I could go back into the Armed forces, but because of that stupid disability (Hearing loss in my left ear only) they could not take me back.

My heart goes out to all family members of those who lost their lives that day, as well as the Armed Forces and family members serving today.....

Old 09-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
A bit late but I was in my senior year of high school in Maryland. My good friend and also my power forward on my basketball team had an aunt that was a flight attendant on one of the flights. It was a sad day. My dad had just gotten out of the Army and they were on the fence about calling him back into service but they ended leaving the old man in retirement. Man 7 years is a long time ago. God bless the family of those that lost their lives on that day.