Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:03 PM
madflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nice
Great thread! I too used to get in a lot (best was 60+) of days a year, but after marriage it's dwindled down to about 10 a year now. I've skied in most of the states that are ski-able (NH, MN, CO, UT, WY, MT, NV, WA, OR etc.) and I have to tell you, the pacific northwest hasn't been the best snow so far. Maybe I'm alone on this, but relative to the west rockies and tetons, it's deep...but heeaavy and wet. Temps are just too high. But nothing my K2 Maiden AK's can't handle though. But it does take the fun out of it.

Some places that I find myself returning to are:

Jackson Hole
Alta
Steamboat
Big Sky

and Vail dropped off the list because it is getting way too crowded and expensive ($95 lift tickets?).

Old 11-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Whistler open tomorrow! Oh and I will be there Friday and Saturday.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:05 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Whistler open tomorrow! Oh and I will be there Friday and Saturday.
To be young, kidless and rich. Oh I remember those carefree days of dropping whatever whenever to do whatever whenever

Old 11-25-2008, 09:08 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by madflava
Great thread! I too used to get in a lot (best was 60+) of days a year, but after marriage it's dwindled down to about 10 a year now. I've skied in most of the states that are ski-able (NH, MN, CO, UT, WY, MT, NV, WA, OR etc.) and I have to tell you, the pacific northwest hasn't been the best snow so far. Maybe I'm alone on this, but relative to the west rockies and tetons, it's deep...but heeaavy and wet. Temps are just too high. But nothing my K2 Maiden AK's can't handle though. But it does take the fun out of it.

Some places that I find myself returning to are:

Jackson Hole
Alta
Steamboat
Big Sky

and Vail dropped off the list because it is getting way too crowded and expensive ($95 lift tickets?).
Plus 50 on Jackson and Alta in the right snow year

You can have anyplace in Colorado I'd rather be mowing the lawn. Big Sky has some steeps but the cold and brutelness of the top of that mtn make it to iffy on the good steeps. Not worth the trek imho. Now fly fishing their in the summer I'd go do that and I'm not a fisherman

Old 11-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
To be young, kidless and rich. Oh I remember those carefree days of dropping whatever whenever to do whatever whenever
Young...Well that is relative, I sure am not as young as I was 10 years ago

Kidless...Well I have a friend that lives with us that watches my pup while we are gone. Dog nanny FTMFW

Rich... Wachyu talkn bout Willis? If I were rich we would be at the Macy's Thankgiving day parade in NYC. C and I love NYC this time of the year. Whistler is just a hop skip and jump from here and my friend was able to get his time share. We have no family here so why not?

Old 11-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Crap you just reminded me CV put the Kabosh on NYC this Christmas for us. Her new job wouldn't allow her the 4 days off. Thanks for squashin me day

Old 11-25-2008, 11:05 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
last time jason and todd went out shopping, they were supposed to be out buying a ski helmet for todd. apparently, they didn't find one and instead they came home with the R6 instead. lol!

todd is ready to go skiing as well! he's chompin' at the bit! i, on the other hand snowboard, and haven't gone in 8 years. it will be an ugly first day up there for me!

how many of you wear helmets? nobody really wore them last time i was up there but i guess things have changed now? i've seriously got to go shopping for a cool, pink, sparkly one!

Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Just a boxster?
I wear helmets not becaus eof my ability or should I say unability but the other idiots on the mtn.. The worst are the snow boarders that do not keep a leash on their board and they go shooting off.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:25 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
I found a pic of PJ shredding it up in the 80's

Btw we should plan a group “snow day” sometime this winter. Some fun, sun, friends/family, and hopefully good snow!

Old 11-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Just a boxster?
Shi------t baby I just started 3 years ago and I am at the MTN almost every weekend we have snow.

If I could I would be a ski bum.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:40 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Let it snow, let it snow!

Just got my newest toy all set up!

High/Low HID lights newly installed

Old vs new

Long track!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:00 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
I found a pic of PJ shredding it up in the 80's

My first board had a fin on the bottom... that is old school baby!

Wade -- rep points for that post -- I laughed out loud

Old 11-25-2008, 05:05 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
I can't wait for it to snow here. Christmas isn't the same without it.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Jeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PJS
My first board had a fin on the bottom... that is old school baby!

Wade -- rep points for that post -- I laughed out loud
Mine had a rope at the top. Great pic!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:23 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Jason those are lookin sweet. Sleds for the winter and skis for the summer... All the same kinda fun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow