93 octane in the Seattle area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 07:12 PM
madflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nice
I've never seen a Cenex station in Seattle. Where is one?

Old 10-07-2009, 05:42 AM
Apple Sauce will become famous soon enough
Have you guys thought about just buying the premixed bottles from the auto parts stores?

I copied over a couple of links about octane boosters, but one point that the article brought up is that it takes awhile for the ecu to compensate for the fuel blends, noting that you should put the blend in the day before you (miles before) need it to make sure that the ECU has adjust for the mix.

http://volvospeed.com/Reviews/octane_boosters.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Octane-Boo...Them&id=802568

Old 10-07-2009, 08:20 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Speedware sells race gas at their service shop

Old 10-08-2009, 10:18 AM
r34dy2walk is on a distinguished road
How much is it for 101 at the pump per gallon?

Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Sl33p3rS4 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Apple Sauce
Have you guys thought about just buying the premixed bottles from the auto parts stores?

I copied over a couple of links about octane boosters, but one point that the article brought up is that it takes awhile for the ecu to compensate for the fuel blends, noting that you should put the blend in the day before you (miles before) need it to make sure that the ECU has adjust for the mix.

http://volvospeed.com/Reviews/octane_boosters.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Octane-Boo...Them&id=802568
Octane boosters sold at auto part stores are a waste of time. They claim to bump your octane by 3 or 4 points, but don't explain that they mean it bumps 92 to 92.3 or 92.4.

The only off the shelf "octane boost" worth using is going to be Toluene or Xylene which can be found at a local hardware store.

Originally Posted by r34dy2walk
How much is it for 101 at the pump per gallon?
I threw some 101 in my Cobra a few months back. I believe I paid $8.25 a gallon, but don't remember for sure.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Kinda off topic but my wife wanted to fill the cayenne up at Arco AM/PM and I told her not to and we ended up going to chevron. Does anyone have proof that Arco is inferior gas compared to other fuel stations? Or is there some kind of derivative that breaks everything down per quality

Old 10-17-2009, 09:10 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
Kinda off topic but my wife wanted to fill the cayenne up at Arco AM/PM and I told her not to and we ended up going to chevron. Does anyone have proof that Arco is inferior gas compared to other fuel stations? Or is there some kind of derivative that breaks everything down per quality
It really depends who owns the station. My dad owns a Citgo, but doesnt get fuel from Citgo, he gets it from a local company in TX. If it is a corp. owned store, then they sell their own brand fuel. What makes Chevron, Shell, 76, etc expensive is all the fuel additives they add in the fuel to make it better. Thats why Arco, Costco, Wal-Mart, Safeway, etc gas is cheaper, they dont add anything.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:12 PM
wasuber is on a distinguished road
I made a sticky on another site to list stations and shops that sell what types of fuels, I even put fuel type/descriptions in the thread.

http://my350z.com/forum/north-west/4...or-higher.html

If anyone can confirm other locations this is great information for track people and some of us 900+ hp peeps

So far the only 2 places i know where to get C16 is in Thrashers corner Shell and a place called Race Craft in Woodinville.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Hanahawaiian is on a distinguished road
Trasher's Corner Shell at Millcreek they sell Unleaded 101 and 110 112 Leaded.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Hanahawaiian is on a distinguished road
also I want run my Evo E-85 or E99 but it hard for here to get Ethanol.. only in Centerilla n Snoqualimie Shell and Oregon.. but Hopefully they bring more E85 in Seattle, Tacoma.. MY evo love E-85!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:28 PM
wasuber is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hanahawaiian
Trasher's Corner Shell at Millcreek they sell Unleaded 101 and 110 112 Leaded.
Just filled up there the other day, they only do 101 and 110.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mr2guysingh
It really depends who owns the station. My dad owns a Citgo, but doesnt get fuel from Citgo, he gets it from a local company in TX. If it is a corp. owned store, then they sell their own brand fuel. What makes Chevron, Shell, 76, etc expensive is all the fuel additives they add in the fuel to make it better. Thats why Arco, Costco, Wal-Mart, Safeway, etc gas is cheaper, they dont add anything.
If he has a Citgo sign up, it is or better be Citgo. Independent Companies can certainly be Citgo Jobbers with a Citgo branded retail contract. Most major oil companies don't directly distribute to independent gas stations, they have independent companies do it for them.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Ubar Jay is a jewel in the roughUbar Jay is a jewel in the roughUbar Jay is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
If he has a Citgo sign up, it is or better be Citgo. Independent Companies can certainly be Citgo Jobbers with a Citgo branded retail contract. Most major oil companies don't directly distribute to independent gas stations, they have independent companies do it for them.
Nice thread resurrection.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:32 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Yup, runs a lot nicer, so didn't my B5 S4.
There is nothing on the pump about ethanol. But you know all of WA state has at least 5% ethanol. They are trying to raise it to 10%.

Do you know why you loose MPG with ethanol? It has a lower BTU rating, so it takes more for the same BTU as gas. It will not lower performance at all, but it does lower MPG. Most turbo cars like it.

You can find ethanol-free gas if you want.

One of the benefits of ethanol is that its cooling effect after its injected is much better than that of gasoline, so this compensates its lesser energy density disadvantage somewhat (it also depends on the engine type - direct injection, or turbo-charged engines can benefit more from the charge-cooling effect). The biggest problem with ethanol though is the hygroscopic properties -- it will suck water out of the atmosphere when left to its own devices and this can be a concern if the fuel is left in the tank for long periods. The other problem is the damage it can do to older hoses not designed for gasoline containing ethanol.

So, if you want to find gasoline without added ethyl alcohol, look here:
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=WA

Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
Are there any stations in King/Snohomish that sell anything over 92 Octane at the pump?
I know Speedware carries VP Fuels. Anyone else?
This thread is like 3 years old, someone mentioned a station in Mill Creek, anyone know if they have 101?