questions on road trip route from Seattle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
questions on road trip route from Seattle?

my time frame: Mar 3rd from seattle, and back to seattle on Mar 9th.

my plan: to Las Vegas, then stay there for a night or two, then head to Los Angeles for a wedding, then back to Seattle on Mar 9th.

now which route should i take? where / what city should i stop for a sleepover at night on Mar 3rd?

Old 02-08-2009, 06:02 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i can't be of much advice as i've not road tripped past cali. but if your time allows it, i'd suggest going down the wa/oregon coast. it's so scenic and relaxing and great for pictures! this time of year you shouldn't have an issue just being able to pull into a resort or cabin and reserving it for the night. =)

Old 02-08-2009, 08:02 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Yes, best to drive down the Oregon coast, rather than up because the ocean is on the right and you have better views. It's too long and slow to do in one day and driving at night is not fun with all the deer. You can make it to about Coos Bay then 101 after that. Stay on 101 and avoid HY1 unless you have extra time because it's very slow going. You can then make it to San Francisco. It would eat up a lot of time.

Driving to Vegas and LA and back in six days is a lot of car time so if you do the Oregon coast, it's hard to do Vegas and LA and back unless you don't mind the 20 hr drives. It's about 20 hours of driving to go from OC to Seattle as a reference point.
You're adding another 5 hours or so going to Vegas. If you decide you want to stay in OC and hit Cars and Coffee on the 7th let me know and I'll see about getting you a killer deal at the Fairmont.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Banned
drpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these partsdrpasteur is infamous around these parts
tommy, you got a pm.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Banned
well, i don't really mind a 20hr drive. thats what im thinking that we'll do a rest / stop over at one of big city on Tues night then back on the road on Wed morning. we are in no rush of getting to Vegas as long as we can enjoy during the drive there as in visiting cities, etc... As long as we get to LA on Fri night