Across the US in my supercharged R8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 05:41 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Great write up, sorry about your bad luck. Gave you some Rep points to help ease the pain.

I will give you many more points at PRI, PIR, and ORP!

See you soon.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Great write up, sorry about your bad luck. Gave you some Rep points to help ease the pain.

I will give you many more points at PRI, PIR, and ORP!

See you soon.
Thanks a lot, Ed. I'm out for next week at PR, and hope to be back out the following week.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:52 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rutiger
didn't see it mentioned anywhere. what the hp it's putting out now? also, great wheels! i did the same route from seattle to mpls in my z06, jeep srt, and rs4 last year. 2 days each time. luckily the raccoons didn't get me. and only 1 ticket in montana for $20.
Off topic. How you like the zoomer on your SRT8?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:55 AM
rutiger is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Off topic. How you like the zoomer on your SRT8?
i like them. i got them for my first 06 jeep srt and moved them over to the 08 when we got that. i got them used so i saved a good amount. they are quite loud. had them on my magnum srt as well and loved them. back in 06 there weren't as many options for the srt's as there are now.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:14 PM
ThirSTi is on a distinguished road
What a great travelogue. Thank you for the read. Your car is awesome, maybe i'll see it driving around Seattle sometime.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:53 PM
torch frc will become famous soon enough
Interesting read...GL with the repairs.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:36 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
Congrats on the SC. I wonder how this would do against the forth coming V10.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:14 PM
kvsm3 is on a distinguished road
Nice story, nice pics, awesome car, glad you made it home safe!

Old 07-19-2009, 07:30 PM
06b0x will become famous soon enough
Glad your home safely and the R8 is being fixed.

The fact that you even included North Dakota amazes me (grew up there) and your post makes me feel extremely lucky I made it through Montana in the evening delivering a car to someone in Portland.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:54 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks everyone for the kind words. North Dakota was on the agenda as I was playing probabilities given the high heat warnings and tornado warnings in the midwest at the time. I figured ND would be the cooler, less drama option. I did not account for nighttime wildlife in Montana.

Yes I will have it around Seattle from time to time, but mostly driving on the interstate to Vancouver BC and back (for business), and for track use.

The rumor on the V10 is that it is 200+ lbs heavier than the V8. The SC V8 has at least 30 more hp, more torque, and lighter

Old 07-20-2009, 12:06 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
North Dakota has plenty of tornadoes. I went through THREE of them while I lived there (7 years) and not a single one while in Texas (4 years). Go figure...

Old 07-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by StorminS4
North Dakota has plenty of tornadoes. I went through THREE of them while I lived there (7 years) and not a single one while in Texas (4 years). Go figure...
Raccoon damage ain't that bad after all.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
i like them. i got them for my first 06 jeep srt and moved them over to the 08 when we got that. i got them used so i saved a good amount. they are quite loud. had them on my magnum srt as well and loved them. back in 06 there weren't as many options for the srt's as there are now.
Would love to hear yours as I may get one for mine.

Roman did you give that raccoon a proper burial?

Old 07-21-2009, 03:40 PM
rutiger is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Would love to hear yours as I may get one for mine.
i could drive it out to ertc some saturday if you want to hear it. just let me know.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:18 PM
i could drive it out to ertc some saturday if you want to hear it. just let me know.
Hope to see you there this weekend. Thanks in advance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Across the US in my supercharged R8