Yellow CGT getting serviced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
That's a beautiful car. It's filthy though! I would have to detail that car every time I drove it.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:01 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
They plan to clean it up before putting her back together, John. It would drive me crazy knowing that its so dirty inside too.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:53 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
I agree the car is filthy. Kuzi should take better care of it.

5000 mile service? I wonder, does that include the miles it has been trailered and trucked. It would seem to me it would be pretty hard to get that many miles clocked without taking it out of the garage.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Blaine Sellie is a splendid one to beholdBlaine Sellie is a splendid one to beholdBlaine Sellie is a splendid one to beholdBlaine Sellie is a splendid one to beholdBlaine Sellie is a splendid one to beholdBlaine Sellie is a splendid one to beholdBlaine Sellie is a splendid one to beholdBlaine Sellie is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3

5000 mile service? I wonder, does that include the miles it has been trailered and trucked. It would seem to me it would be pretty hard to get that many miles clocked without taking it out of the garage.
I've driven that car in my dreams at least 3000 miles.. Do virtual miles count?

Old 08-13-2009, 03:03 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3

I should point out that he just took delivery of it recently.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:23 PM
kerryt1 has much to be proud ofkerryt1 has much to be proud ofkerryt1 has much to be proud ofkerryt1 has much to be proud ofkerryt1 has much to be proud ofkerryt1 has much to be proud ofkerryt1 has much to be proud ofkerryt1 has much to be proud of
Great pictures.

I am astounded how extensive of a service this is. I guess I'll have to get over my dealership phobia if I ever want to own an exotic.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:28 PM
I received the CGT maintenance booklet and it doesn't look like there's a 5000 mile service listed but this CGT is actually having its 4 year service which is done regardless of mileage

This is what is done for the 4 year service
Diagnosis system: Read out fault memory
Change engine oil and oil filter
Change manual transmission oil and oil filter
Replace drive belt
Check valve clearance
Replace coolant regulator
Power-assisted steering: Check fluid level
Underside of vehicle and engine compartment: Visual inspection for leaks (oils and fluids)
and chafing (lines and hoses)
Underbody covers: Visual inspection for completeness, fastening and signs of damage
Coolant hoses: Check condition
Radiators and air inlets: Visual inspection for external debris and blockage
Coolant: Check level and antifreeze
Air cleaner housing: Visual inspection for contamination
Combination filter: Replace filter element
Fuel lines and connections: Visual inspection for damage and leaks
Wheel securing device: Check function
Wheel nuts: Visual inspection for wear
Parking brake: Check free play of the parking brake lever
Brake system: Visual inspection of the brake pads and brake discs for signs of wear
Brake hoses and lines: Visual inspection for damage, correct routing and corrosion
Brake fluid: Check level
Clutch: Check play or final position of pedal
Clutch plates: Check for signs of wear
Throttle actuation: Check smoothness of operation, full-throttle position with the tester
Steering gear: Visual inspection of the bellows for signs of damage
Tie rod ends: Check play and dust bellows
Axle joints: Check play; visual inspection of the dust bellows for signs of damage; check tightness of ball joints at the
front axle and screw connections on the suspensions at the front and rear
Drive shafts: Visual inspection of the boots for leaks and signs of damage
Exhaust system: Visual inspection for leaks and signs of damage, check mounts and heat shields
Vacuum units for exhaust flaps: Check function
Magnesium wheels: Visual inspection for damage
Tires: Check condition and tire pressure
Check door locks, lid locks and safety hook of the front lid to ensure that they are seated firmly and function properly
Roof panels: Check function
Rear wing drive: Check fluid level, operation and end position
Vehicle lights: Check operation
All headlights: Check setting
Horn: Check operation
Windshield wiper/washer, headlight washer: Check fluid level and nozzle settings,
make sure to check the antifreeze during winter months
Safety belts: Check operation and condition
Electrical equipment as well as indicator and warning lights: Check operation
During road or dynamometer test: Radio remote control, seats, brake pedal and parking brake
(also operating travel), engine, clutch, steering system, transmission, TC switch, rear wing, heating,
air-conditioning system and instruments: Check operation
Oils, fluids: Visual inspection for leaks
Replace tire sealant
Check batteries for tire pressure control system
Check airbag system
Mounts for assemblies: Visual inspection of all hydraulic mounts for damage

Possibly this too:
Replace spark plugs
Air cleaner: Replace filter element

Last edited by atomic80; 08-13-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots!! Never seen a yellow one before!! That seams like a lot of parts to take off for basic service. Is a oil change 30hrs of labor?

It looks like Barrier like you, did you hang out for a while?

I like the fact that the steering wheel on the CGT is the same one my 993 has, funny.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Yep, the 959 has the same wheel as the regular 911s at the time as well. So, it doesn't surprise me that Porsche did the same thing again for their CGT.

I re-edited my post detailing what is all done and clarifying things a bit.

And yeah, the owner gave me permission to take these pictures plus I'm on good terms with the guys at Barrier too.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Rey
Rey is on a distinguished road
Fantastic shots. Thank you!

Old 08-14-2009, 12:39 PM
est1984 will become famous soon enoughest1984 will become famous soon enough
S U P E R C A R .(period)

Great look at the inner workings of it...love the pics!

Old 08-14-2009, 02:33 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Whoa!

Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
Under warranty or owners cost?

Great shots btw, really cool to see the process.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
So Kuzi, when did you pick that up? Did you sell/trade any of your current cars to get that? You have such an amazing collection. This just tops it off.....

Old 08-15-2009, 07:41 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
That is one BIG DOLLAR service!!!!!! Nice pictures.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yellow CGT getting serviced