Be carful in Pierce County, they are looking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:43 PM
duyh is on a distinguished road
cant you easily fight no front plate in court? if you have a lawyer or legal services?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by duyh
cant you easily fight no front plate in court? if you have a lawyer or legal services?
You put back on the plate & take a picture of it. There is NO WAY I would hire a lawyer for a $124 ticket, that doesn't go on your record.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:33 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
my brother in law and my sister just ordered a new r8 a month or so ago from the factory...without the front plate option....LOL He's a deputy Sheriff. Hmmm he won't get one because he'll get the typical professional courtesy

Old 09-02-2009, 10:41 AM
AgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to behold
WA is just not a car friendly state...apart from this ridiculous issue of front plates, speed limits are absurdly low in most places almost deliberately to facilitate a "revenue" stakeout. And they're selective...I got pulled over in my Porsche on I-405 (Kirkland) for going 76 mph. A Nissan Pathfinder was tailgating me and I accelerated to switch lanes for it to pass. He then shot past WSP who then pulled ME over! I explained this to the officer who just said "you have the option of moving over earlier!" and wrote the ticket - needless to say I challenged it in court and won.

In my recent trip to Monterey, I mentioned to a CHP officer that they must be busy ticketing this weekend with all the exotics around with no front plates and exceeding speed limits. He actually told me it wasn't the case and that they were being tolerant as long as the drivers behaved themselves, and they mostly did. More often, they are pulled over for cautions. A Ferrari NA person I spoke to got pulled over on a spirited 599 HGTE test drive, only to be told that there were roadworks up ahead and that he might want to avoid it so that he doesn't get stone chips! Now that's practicing good discretion with common sense...I'm shipping my car there next year to drive!

Last edited by AgeRebel; 09-02-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AgeRebel
WA is just not a car friendly state...apart from this ridiculous issue of front plates, speed limits are absurdly low in most places almost deliberately to facilitate a "revenue" stakeout. And they're selective...I got pulled over in my Porsche on I-405 (Kirkland) for going 76 mph. A Nissan Pathfinder was tailgating me and I accelerated to switch lanes for him it pass. He then shot past WSP who then pulled ME over! I explained this to the officer who just said "you have the option of moving over earlier!" and wrote the ticket - needless to say I challenged it in court and won.

In my recent trip to Monterey, I mentioned to a CHP officer that they must be busy ticketing this weekend with all the exotics around with no front plates and exceeding speed limits. He actually told me it wasn't the case and that they were being tolerant as long as the drivers behaved themselves, and they mostly did. More often, they are pulled over for cautions. A Ferrari NA person I spoke to got pulled over on a spirited 599 HGTE test drive, only to be told that there were roadworks up ahead and that he might want to avoid it so that he doesn't get stone chips! Now that's practicing good discretion with common sense...I'm shipping my car there next year to drive!

The BIG BIG main reason for the difference with CHP and WSP is simple...BUDGET

A few years back they took the Budget tied to tickets and courts OUT of the eqasion for CHP, so now they get their money no matter what NOT BASED on the Revenue they generate..

WSP STILL today has their Budget based each year in the previous years "tax collection" of BS tickets..so they are hunded by their superviouser if they want a raise or new equipment to generate it for their budget..

As soon as WSP Budget goes as CHP, WHICH it should, due to conflict of intrest...you will see a drastic change here.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Boo
Boo is on a distinguished road
What is the typical fine for a no front plate ticket anyway? The state trooper that pulled me over last summer wrote me up for $215 or so. I thought that was excessive for a no front plate?

Old 09-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Boo
What is the typical fine for a no front plate ticket anyway? The state trooper that pulled me over last summer wrote me up for $215 or so. I thought that was excessive for a no front plate?
I'm sure it was for the plate & something else, they can't change the amount of the fine.

It's $124

Old 09-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Boo
Boo is on a distinguished road
Actually I just checked my post from a year ago to double check haha, and yup it was a $216 no front plate ticket, + a $550 no proof of insurance tacked on top. (I couldn't find my card in time, and he wouldn't accept proof electronically) I went in and got both of them taken care of, but I never heard of a no front plate ticket over $200 either?! I too thought it was a fixed amount.

But my situation was similar...quiet Sunday evening, going exactly the speed limit, trooper going opposite direction in SUV does a U-turn, speeds after me, immediately starts ranting about how all these sporty cars are driving without front plates trying to evade their speed detection devices, but not to imply that's what I'm trying to do, etc. I ran into a trooper with a grudge that's for sure, but I've only been stopped once for this so I can't complain too much.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:34 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
my brother in law and my sister just ordered a new r8 a month or so ago from the factory...without the front plate option....LOL He's a deputy Sheriff. Hmmm he won't get one because he'll get the typical professional courtesy
The question I have is, who gets to drive the R8 in that household?

Old 09-02-2009, 11:42 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
The question I have is, who gets to drive the R8 in that household?
funny thing is my sister wants it more then he does and has been to barrier twice and has never test driven one. she even called me from a test drive in the passengers seat telling me how much she / he like it. hmmm I think he will be doing most of the driving. odd ducks they are good news is now i can trade one of mine and drive an r8 whenever i want to. perfect situation for me

Old 09-02-2009, 11:49 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
funny thing is my sister wants it more then he does and has been to barrier twice and has never test driven one. she even called me from a test drive in the passengers seat telling me how much she / he like it. hmmm I think he will be doing most of the driving. odd ducks they are good news is now i can trade one of mine and drive an r8 whenever i want to. perfect situation for me
I look forward to when he/she gets it. V8 or V10?

Old 09-03-2009, 12:00 AM
^^^ V8 only. He's a cop he can't drive over 55

Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
^^^ V8 only. He's a cop he can't drive over 55
What I'd like to know though is....what color is it?

Old 09-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
This whole week I have seen more cops pulling people over and driving around to set up shop at their favorite speed trap. This morning I saw over 5 cops pulling people over and got passed by a couple doing 70 while I was doing 60. I felt like Paul Walker when Vin Diesel hit the nos. ANyways does anyone else feel as if the WSP would save a lot more money if they were thinking greener and not driving around so much

Old 09-04-2009, 11:15 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the warning and sucks you actually got a ticket for it.
Good thing i have no business to travel in Pierce County except passing by I-5

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Be carful in Pierce County, they are looking