Recommend Dyno Shop?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Sl33p3rS4 is on a distinguished road
Any pics of the E92?

Old 11-21-2009, 11:34 AM
baloney is on a distinguished road
nice beater car i've driven my buddy's mini and it's a hoot. in many ways, funner to drive than an (e46) m3... shifting (smooth, with a precise thunk, thunk due to the chunky ****) and braking (stop on a dime) and handling (go kart) are spot on. how do you find time to drive all 3 cars?

thanks for the review of the m3. i have an e46 6mt too, and i've been debating whether or not i should upgrade to the e92. mine also has a rubbery shifter that isn't all that smooth, and locks out of 1st when cold. pretty embarrassing sitting at a stoplight, trying to jam/double-triple clutch the gear shift. i've tried shiftingto 2nd, then up to 1st, which works, but then u gotta preshift and be set to go prior to the light, instead of shifting when the light turns as you would in a normal car.

so for now, it sits bone stock. i'm afraid a ssk will only serve to aggravate the problem as more leverage is needed to shift. or have ppl found smoother, less effort shifts with an ssk? I had a different tranny fluid when i got my bearings replaced, that seemed to smooth out the shifting, but then they switched it back w/o telling me on another service visit. i've heard ppl raving about using the shifter from the zhp package from the 330 but i'm not convinced. maybe a big heavy **** would help.

wow you have quite a mod list. are you making it into a streetable track car? or just a street warrior with high performance?

i gotta say, the new e92 styling has grown on me and i prefer it to the old e46. i also like that they offer the ride control settings for the suspension damping.

good luck on your projects and keep us posted.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:53 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by baloney
nice beater car i've driven my buddy's mini and it's a hoot. in many ways, funner to drive than an (e46) m3... shifting (smooth, with a precise thunk, thunk due to the chunky ****) and braking (stop on a dime) and handling (go kart) are spot on. how do you find time to drive all 3 cars?

thanks for the review of the m3. i have an e46 6mt too, and i've been debating whether or not i should upgrade to the e92. mine also has a rubbery shifter that isn't all that smooth, and locks out of 1st when cold. pretty embarrassing sitting at a stoplight, trying to jam/double-triple clutch the gear shift. i've tried shiftingto 2nd, then up to 1st, which works, but then u gotta preshift and be set to go prior to the light, instead of shifting when the light turns as you would in a normal car.

so for now, it sits bone stock. i'm afraid a ssk will only serve to aggravate the problem as more leverage is needed to shift. or have ppl found smoother, less effort shifts with an ssk? I had a different tranny fluid when i got my bearings replaced, that seemed to smooth out the shifting, but then they switched it back w/o telling me on another service visit. i've heard ppl raving about using the shifter from the zhp package from the 330 but i'm not convinced. maybe a big heavy **** would help.

wow you have quite a mod list. are you making it into a streetable track car? or just a street warrior with high performance?

i gotta say, the new e92 styling has grown on me and i prefer it to the old e46. i also like that they offer the ride control settings for the suspension damping.

good luck on your projects and keep us posted.
Unfortunately, the mini is the wife's car and it's an automatic. I agree it is super fun!

I don't have the E46 anymore. It's just the E92 and the mini.

I've heard the Rogue kit is very good. It actually sits about half an inch taller and changes the position a bit. From all the reviews on M3post, that seems like the one to go with.

A street warrior with high performance is more my target. That is the reason I went with the CSL seats as the OEM rails actually tilt up and allow access to the back seats.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:58 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Sl33p3rS4
Any pics of the E92?
I don't have any recent photos, but soon.

Here's a pic of my old E46

And here's the E92

Old 11-23-2009, 07:30 PM
baloney is on a distinguished road
wow, nice looking pair of m3's. hahah i see you've had enough of the black car business ... i'm not sure i'll be getting another black car soon myself. they look amazing when clean but a pia to keep them that way. is teh white really white, or offwhite? metallic or non?

yeah, sorry, my bad sentence structure, i knew you got rid of your e46 for the new e92.

so they DID sort out the rubber shifter feel?

i may have to look into the rogue shifter. 1/2 inch higher than the stock shift ****? it'll be like a compact truck since the m3 shift **** is already tall heheheh wish the m3 came stock with a smooth shift feel... terrible that a vw would have a nicer shifter feel :P

whoah are you saying with the CSL seats dont tilt forward to allow rear seat access? rendering your rearseats nearly useless... meaning your going to rip em out as part of your weight savings plan?

Old 12-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by baloney
wow, nice looking pair of m3's. hahah i see you've had enough of the black car business ... i'm not sure i'll be getting another black car soon myself. they look amazing when clean but a pia to keep them that way. is teh white really white, or offwhite? metallic or non?

yeah, sorry, my bad sentence structure, i knew you got rid of your e46 for the new e92.

so they DID sort out the rubber shifter feel?

i may have to look into the rogue shifter. 1/2 inch higher than the stock shift ****? it'll be like a compact truck since the m3 shift **** is already tall heheheh wish the m3 came stock with a smooth shift feel... terrible that a vw would have a nicer shifter feel :P

whoah are you saying with the CSL seats dont tilt forward to allow rear seat access? rendering your rearseats nearly useless... meaning your going to rip em out as part of your weight savings plan?
The color is non-metallic. (Alpine White)

I just ordered the Rogue Shifter. It should be here in a few days. I will report back on if that resolves some of the shifting problems.

My apologies. The reason why I went with the OEM CSL seats are because they allow access to the back seat by tilting up. I'll be saving around 30 lbs per seat.