Pulled over for "pacing"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Horhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to all
Pulled over for "pacing"

I got pulled over last night crossing the Narrows bridge by a Sherriff (king county) who claimed I had been pacing him. He said he was off duty, on his way home, doing 80 in a 55, and I was pacing him. I'm not sure when I was "pacing" him, but the only time I was within a quarter mile of his car was when he initially passed me (doing at LEAST 80 with no lights and no signals as he changed lanes across the entire highway). He did not decide to ticket me, thankfully. Unfortunately he was a smart *** when dealing with me, saying things like how I obviously can't pay attention to the road and how I must think I have a "super capable sports car". I was driving my Cayenne S. Neither "super capable" nor a "sports car."

Anyway, just wanted to vent. Does anyone have any similar stories?

Old 12-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Kristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud of
My dad was given a warning in Eastern Washington after an officer was baiting him into speeding by tailgating him (at night) on a two lane road. The officer said that he should just pull over next time someone does that to let them by...

Last edited by Kristian; 12-14-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:04 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Kristian the incident you have mentioned is quite common east of the mountains. Guys be very careful in this part of Washington. Anymore than 10 above speedlimit on the highway or 5 above in the city, you are asking for trouble.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Horhay
I got pulled over last night crossing the Narrows bridge by a Sherriff (king county) who claimed I had been pacing him. He said he was off duty, on his way home, doing 80 in a 55, and I was pacing him. I'm not sure when I was "pacing" him, but the only time I was within a quarter mile of his car was when he initially passed me (doing at LEAST 80 with no lights and no signals as he changed lanes across the entire highway). He did not decide to ticket me, thankfully. Unfortunately he was a smart *** when dealing with me, saying things like how I obviously can't pay attention to the road and how I must think I have a "super capable sports car". I was driving my Cayenne S. Neither "super capable" nor a "sports car."

Anyway, just wanted to vent. Does anyone have any similar stories?
You should have gotten his badge number and reported his dumb a$$. They are not allowed to speed either! I've reported cops hauling down the road for know reason before. I followed a cop doing about 90 on 301 North in Maryland. He came out of their police academy had a woman with him and just hauled up the road. We came to a stop light, he stopped, backed up to me and said, "if he wasn't on an emergency call right now he'd right me a ticket." How stupid do they think we are?! If he were on an emergency call he wouldn't have stopped at that light and taken the time to back up and b!itch at me. I took his plate number and called dispatch to report him. I'm SURE nothing ever came of it, but it made me feel better.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:38 PM
AgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to behold
Aren't these situations abuse of authority and moreover they shouldn't be above the law?

Old 12-14-2009, 05:02 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
They aren't above the law, and they can't drive whatever speed they please, especially in their personal vehicles. I'd love to hear Redmond_5.0's take on this one

Old 12-14-2009, 10:34 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Why didn't you do a citizens arrest? Next time use your cell phone camera to take a picture of him with no lights on and your speedometer. I hate cops that do this sh*t.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:34 AM
R T
R T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to behold
:lol:

Old 12-15-2009, 04:54 PM
speedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by landjet
Why didn't you do a citizens arrest? Next time use your cell phone camera to take a picture of him with no lights on and your speedometer. I hate cops that do this sh*t.

well, learn to live with it...cause they all do it