Dinan Dealer/Reseller in Washington or Portland?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:58 AM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
Dinan Dealer/Reseller in Washington or Portland?

Can you guys recommend a good Dinan Reseller or ideally a sales person in or around the Seattle Area? If not in Seattle, I'm will to drive for a good deal. Does anyone know any parts person at a Dealer/Reseller that can get a good deal?

I prefer to do business based on community recommendations.

I've contact Strictly BMW here in Bellevue and they only want to sell at MSRP. I've been hearing people have been able to get 15 - 25 percent off Dinan stuff.

Any leads would rock.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
If you're going to have it professionally installed, Strictly BMW is a great idea as they will back up the warranty on the products. If you bring them parts to install, probably no warranty.

John

Old 01-14-2010, 10:52 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I have gotten discounts on Dinan stuff at BMW Seattle... MY service advisor is Alex Long and he works Thurs thru Sat

Also if you are a BMW CCA member you get a discount etc..

FWIW the discount I got was based a multiple Dinan part purchase all at one time...

Old 01-14-2010, 04:11 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PJS
I have gotten discounts on Dinan stuff at BMW Seattle... MY service advisor is Alex Long and he works Thurs thru Sat

Also if you are a BMW CCA member you get a discount etc..

FWIW the discount I got was based a multiple Dinan part purchase all at one time...
Cool, Thanks! I will let him know and tell him you recommended me. BTW, I'm looking at getting the 4.10 diff.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by detailjohn
If you're going to have it professionally installed, Strictly BMW is a great idea as they will back up the warranty on the products. If you bring them parts to install, probably no warranty.

John
Correct. I would get it installed at wherever I purchased it.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:13 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I did the Dinan diff on my M5 and it is worth every penny

Old 01-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by PJS
I did the Dinan diff on my M5 and it is worth every penny
Cool! That's good to know. I think it should make a huge difference in driving dynamics on the street.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:16 PM
PJS
should give you some added torque that the E92M3 could likely use...

I am considering V8 M3 sedan... how do you like your M3?
DCT or not?

Old 01-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by PJS
should give you some added torque that the E92M3 could likely use...

I am considering V8 M3 sedan... how do you like your M3?
DCT or not?
The car is definitely lacking some grunt unless you rev it. I guess that is expected of M cars. That is what I'm hopefully resolving with the new Diff. I love the sound it makes and the way it handles. It a beautifully balanced car.

In hindsight, I would definitely go DCT. Couple of reasons.
1. It's geared better for this engine.
2. Much easier to keep in the right powerband. Click downshift and your off.
3. Better fuel economy when cruising in 7th gear.
4. Launch control
5. The 6 speed gearbox and clutch is not very smooth. My RS4 and Honda gear boxes I've driven make the M3's feel out right clunky.

Of all the sedan choices out there right now, the E90 is definitely the one I would get.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:53 PM
PJS
good to know... I am waiting for some good used examples to hit the market...

Old 01-14-2010, 06:52 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PJS
good to know... I am waiting for some good used examples to hit the market...

I know of a 6speed 08 with 16k convertable in white FS. Immacualte with all options. Low 50s.

Jag

Old 01-14-2010, 11:33 PM
PorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by michaeldorian
The car is definitely lacking some grunt unless you rev it. I guess that is expected of M cars. That is what I'm hopefully resolving with the new Diff. I love the sound it makes and the way it handles. It a beautifully balanced car.

In hindsight, I would definitely go DCT. Couple of reasons.
1. It's geared better for this engine.
2. Much easier to keep in the right powerband. Click downshift and your off.
3. Better fuel economy when cruising in 7th gear.
4. Launch control
5. The 6 speed gearbox and clutch is not very smooth. My RS4 and Honda gear boxes I've driven make the M3's feel out right clunky.

Of all the sedan choices out there right now, the E90 is definitely the one I would get.
I agree with everything you said except I think the clutch and tranny on my '08 M-3 are extremely smooth - more so then my Carrera - not clunky feeling at all.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by PorschePaul
I agree with everything you said except I think the clutch and tranny on my '08 M-3 are extremely smooth - more so then my Carrera - not clunky feeling at all.
I should be more specific. Instead of clunky, I mean notchy. Especially 1st to 2nd.

Anyhow, I installed the Rogue Engineering Octane SSK and it made a world of difference. So much better.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:33 AM
PJS
Originally Posted by jags911tt
I know of a 6speed 08 with 16k convertable in white FS. Immacualte with all options. Low 50s.

Jag
thanks but no thanks
I am thinking sedan with dct if I go this route
not in a hurry and I need to drive one still

also in the running
964 rsa
993 c2s

and the possibility of nothing and sit on the money