Silver State Classic Challenge: anyone else going?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 11:37 AM
bentlink is on a distinguished road
Silver State Classic Challenge: anyone else going?

Anyone else from the Northwest going to the Silver State Classic Challenge (SSCC) in Nevada? (http://www.silverstateclassic.com/)

Entered in the Touring Class: must average 110 mph "racing" on closed public roads. (I would need roll bars or cage, race harnesses, etc. for higher speeds.)

Should be fun... let me know if anyone else is going.

(Or if you have been before, what to expect).

Old 08-05-2010, 03:57 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
I just paid for my membership and I will be signing up for next fall in class II. I'll be going to the Spectre 341 Challenge/Virginia City Hillclimb in Nevada again next year in June to race and then attending this event in the fall.

Be sure and post up lots of pictures of your journey! I'll be anxious to hear what you thought!

Best wishes and have a great time!

Old 08-08-2010, 02:36 AM
bentlink is on a distinguished road
Jody, just read about Spectre 341 event. Sorry to read about VR. Despite that, it seems like a good event.

I am going to Bonneville Salt Flats first... We'll see about joining the 130mph Club.

Then Silver State Classic.

Followed by PCA Escape at Sun Peaks -- you coming up to BC for that?

Then Targa New Zealand (we'll see Steve Millen there) and in spring 2011, Targa Tasmania.

I will post a few pics of SSCC and let you know what it is like.

Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
I just paid for my membership and I will be signing up for next fall in class II. I'll be going to the Spectre 341 Challenge/Virginia City Hillclimb in Nevada again next year in June to race and then attending this event in the fall.

Be sure and post up lots of pictures of your journey! I'll be anxious to hear what you thought!

Best wishes and have a great time!

Old 08-08-2010, 06:06 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
You are going to be doing some fun events! I'm envious of your schedule! lol! That'll be awesome to see Steve Millen race. I met he and Jodi at the Spectre and race and they are really nice people. Their pit crew helped with the tire pressure in my car which was quite an honor! I'll have to check out the PCA event. That sounds fun! And the salt flats! Man oh man! You rock!! Kick some butt out there! That's really cool!!!

If you are at all interested, I know that they are opening the Spectre event up to more participants this year. Check out Spectre341Challenge dot com to see the sign up info and the videos. If you're around next June, it would be really cool to have you join! Yes, it was really sad to lose my friend and a fellow enthusiast, VRAlexander. He was a really fun person and had a zest for life. I'll miss not being able to have him at the event next year. He added an entirely new element of fun with his personality. While I lost one friend at the event, I made many cool new friends. I'm looking forward to next year so that I can pay my respects to where Alexander last raced and continue where he left off. My race will be dedicated to him and his family and friends. I miss my new friends already and can't wait to race again!

Keep me posted on your events with pics! I'd love to hear how much fun you're having out there!

~Jody

Originally Posted by bentlink
Jody, just read about Spectre 341 event. Sorry to read about VR. Despite that, it seems like a good event.

I am going to Bonneville Salt Flats first... We'll see about joining the 130mph Club.

Then Silver State Classic.

Followed by PCA Escape at Sun Peaks -- you coming up to BC for that?

Then Targa New Zealand (we'll see Steve Millen there) and in spring 2011, Targa Tasmania.

I will post a few pics of SSCC and let you know what it is like.