question for local gt-r owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 05:52 PM
rutiger is infamous around these parts
question for local gt-r owners

i picked up a used '10 gt-r this weekend. from what i've read online i think i want to do downpipes, midpipe, and cobb tuning. catback seems to be mostly a sound mod so i think i'll skip that (weight savings would be nice though). my z06 is obnoxious enough. i don't need another really loud car.

now to my question for any gt-r owners. have you done any mods? any lessons learned? any guidance? and where did you have the work done? i usually do all my own install and then have tuning done by an expert in that area. hoping to get this done in the northwest. i know there are great tuners in california, but i'd rather avoid that trip if possible.

thanks!

and now the obligatory pic

Old 04-04-2011, 06:34 PM
exigejoe is infamous around these parts
Being a Nissan guy, its best to go to a Nissan/GTR forum. I doubt you will find help here. having a familiarity with the VQ, lets just say you wont have much prob modding(engine wise) just watch out for the tranny!

Old 04-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful car. If it doesn't have one already, a Venture Shield clear mask is absolutely necessary.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by exigejoe
Being a Nissan guy, its best to go to a Nissan/GTR forum. I doubt you will find help here. having a familiarity with the VQ, lets just say you wont have much prob modding(engine wise) just watch out for the tranny!
Yeah I'm looking there too. I know I've seen a few GTR owners posting here so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Peter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud of
SurgeLine tuning is a branch off of Cobb Tuning, located in Portland. Might want to give them a ring.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:08 PM
exigejoe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rutiger
Yeah I'm looking there too. I know I've seen a few GTR owners posting here so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I know ill tech auto in Tacoma had a gtr they own and moded don't know if they still have it. That could be a start.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US

Old 04-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by exigejoe
I know ill tech auto in Tacoma had a gtr they own and moded don't know if they still have it. That could be a start.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US
I was going to suggest these guys as well. I don't know if the car is still a project car of theirs or not, but it's up in the northend now. I've seen it around Mill Creek a lot.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Peter1.8t
SurgeLine tuning is a branch off of Cobb Tuning, located in Portland. Might want to give them a ring.
just found their info an hour ago. looks like that might be the place to go. thanks guys.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:15 PM
R35girl is infamous around these parts
Saw your post on NAGTROC. Unfortunately not a lot of traffic over there. Can take a while to get a response sometimes.

I have the AMS exhaust and Esprit Y pipe on mine as well as the AccessPort, otherwise not much else. Had the exhaust done by Ravi at Umbrella Auto Designs, he's also got his own GTR project car. If you're looking for a custom tune, I would second the Surgeline suggestion. I need to go down there myself.

I know Dennis (ironcheflam) has had a bit more done to his and will probably be able to give you some better recommendations.

And as far as I know, Illtech doesn't have theirs anymore.

Hope to see you around!

Old 04-04-2011, 10:11 PM
mprsev is infamous around these partsmprsev is infamous around these parts
I just picked up a 2012 GT-R a couple weeks ago. I got my venture shield and clearplex done by John and Ben at Metropolitan and I agree, a definite must have. I am now planning several performance and cosmetic mods with CNC Autosports in Bellevue and I recommend you give Joel a call.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by mprsev
I just picked up a 2012 GT-R a couple weeks ago. I got my venture shield and clearplex done by John and Ben at Metropolitan and I agree, a definite must have. I am now planning several performance and cosmetic mods with CNC Autosports in Bellevue and I recommend you give Joel a call.
is your '12 white? assuming so based on your past/current stable. love the white. that was my first choice, but silver was a close second and white is damn hard to find.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by R35girl
Saw your post on NAGTROC. Unfortunately not a lot of traffic over there. Can take a while to get a response sometimes.

I have the AMS exhaust and Esprit Y pipe on mine as well as the AccessPort, otherwise not much else. Had the exhaust done by Ravi at Umbrella Auto Designs, he's also got his own GTR project car. If you're looking for a custom tune, I would second the Surgeline suggestion. I need to go down there myself.

I know Dennis (ironcheflam) has had a bit more done to his and will probably be able to give you some better recommendations.

And as far as I know, Illtech doesn't have theirs anymore.

Hope to see you around!
ever had it dynoed? using canned tunes from the cobb? or dyno or etune?

Old 04-04-2011, 11:20 PM
ironcheflam is infamous around these parts
ahem...canned tunes...i'm currently parting out my gtr.

downpipe, midpipe, cobb AP are a must. and a clear bra. everything else is a little extra.

message me if you would like more details about what i did to mine.

cheers welcome to the family.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:12 AM
R35girl is infamous around these parts
Nope, no dyno yet. Just the AP at the moment for tune.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:34 AM
mprsev is infamous around these partsmprsev is infamous around these parts
Yup, my 2012 is in white w/black interior. Looks like you found a great condition super silver.

Still breaking in mine, but I would sure like to meet other GT-R owners in the area. So far the car has just been a blast to drive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: question for local gt-r owners