FYI: Lynnwood/Edmonds Police Alert!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:13 AM
madflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nice
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
Forget all the math.
If you're at a dead stop and someone T-Bones you, it's coming off the windshield. If you roll, and the windshield is crushed or cracks and the suction cups lose their hold, it's coming off. I was not paying attention and cut my hand just washing the car with it mounted on a tow hook holder before I put a plate frame on it. What do you think it's going to do to any skin it comes into contact with in a violent accident?

Not to jump on a soapbox or anything, but why even bother to put it in the windshield? You know it's illegal to not have it mounted (with some exceptions) on the front of the car, so just leave it off....It's either a ticket for no front plate, or a ticket for having it in the windshield......
Thank you! Bondurant and Dirt Fish preached the same thing, whether you are driving or racing, nothing should be on the dash, cupholders etc. even if anchored down by suction cups, especially sharp metal objects that can lacerate your hands or face. It's common sense.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:40 AM
rutiger is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
but why even bother to put it in the windshield? You know it's illegal to not have it mounted (with some exceptions) on the front of the car, so just leave it off....It's either a ticket for no front plate, or a ticket for having it in the windshield......
that's what i said 3 pages ago

Old 07-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rutiger
that's what i said 3 pages ago
I have it on the dash because some Police officers don't enforce the same. I used to park (A different vehicle) downtown Tacoma. I would throw my plate on the dash whenever I parked there. For six months, not a single parking ticket. The first time I ever forgot to put my plate on the dash, I got a no front plate ticket.