AVOID Manhattan Motorcars!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:22 AM
NYSpeedRacer84 is on a distinguished road
Angry AVOID Manhattan Motorcars!!!

My car was resprayed on January of this year at Manhattan Motorcars and now the paint is chipping from the panels that they resprayed. I would say 4 out of the 6 panels that they painted are now starting to chip from the trims, clearly they didn't remove the trim when they resprayed it. Upon closer inspection all the trim has over spray and the seams were sealed with paint, aka bad masking at best!!!

In addition two of my panels were suppose to be resprayed due to a deep scratch, now the scratch is visible and I can stick my nail in it!!!! Which is totally unacceptable considering what they were charging me! And the clam shell is even worse...take a look

I know I should have taken more due diligence when I picked up the car and I only discovered all these foul ups while I was really really cleaning my car.

On top of that, they bolted the hinges upside down on my driver side door and didn't install the rear tail lamps correctly which led to shorting of the electric boards. This was all discovered while Pepe Porsche was doing a routine service of my vehicle. I tried to get Pepe Porsche to put it on paper, but they declined.

I'm definitely going to take my car back to them and they'll be hearing from. What should I do? Can I complain to PCNA? or even take it to another shop and they them pay for it?

I'm going to try and take better pictures....

Trim not being removed and now sealed by paint. This is all around the car, not just one isolated spot.

Hood, by the windshield... notice the paint...

Where it's starting to peel...

Last edited by NYSpeedRacer84; 03-12-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:10 PM
dblvanos will become famous soon enoughdblvanos will become famous soon enough
That is shody!

You talk to them about it yet?

Old 03-12-2008, 02:04 PM
I have spoken to a "Chris" and the body shop manager left me a vmail. And I will bring the car to them tomorrow....

btw...can anyone confirm if they actually have body shop on site? I was told by them that they did, but now I'm hearing otherwise.

They're apparently a sponsor on this board...so who's presenting Manhattan Motorcars on this forum?

Old 03-12-2008, 11:31 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
I was under the impression that they didn't have an inhouse

Old 03-13-2008, 11:21 AM
pistolpete is on a distinguished road
Wow, that's terrible. I hope everything works out for you.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:02 PM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NYSpeedRacer84
I have spoken to a "Chris" and the body shop manager left me a vmail. And I will bring the car to them tomorrow....

btw...can anyone confirm if they actually have body shop on site? I was told by them that they did, but now I'm hearing otherwise.

They're apparently a sponsor on this board...so who's presenting Manhattan Motorcars on this forum?

My buddy in NY said they have an "area" that they consider as an "In House" but the real answer is NO. Sorry to see the results come back like this..... SAD>>>>

Old 03-14-2008, 10:36 PM
emilgh will become famous soon enoughemilgh will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear about your problems with them. I've never bought a car from Manhattan Motor Cars, but I've had some really good experiences with them in Lamborghini and Porsche service.

As a general rule, I'd never go to a dealer for body work. None of the dealers I work with have body shops for a reason: It's a hard business to do right. Sure, they work with shops for certain repairs -- and you should know who they are and go RIGHT to the source. It'll save you $$, get you the same results, and you can be a face to the people working on the car, and not another car from a client that sends them 20 cars a month.

For what it's worth, I would take the car RIGHT NOW to Detailing Dynamics in Mineola. Eddie and Matt are eagle eyes to the 10th degree and will find the problems and get them fixed for you. They are NOT a body shop, but the folks they work with are just outstanding. They'll get the car cleaned up and looking like 1,000%.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by emilgh
Sorry to hear about your problems with them. I've never bought a car from Manhattan Motor Cars, but I've had some really good experiences with them in Lamborghini and Porsche service.

As a general rule, I'd never go to a dealer for body work. None of the dealers I work with have body shops for a reason: It's a hard business to do right. Sure, they work with shops for certain repairs -- and you should know who they are and go RIGHT to the source. It'll save you $$, get you the same results, and you can be a face to the people working on the car, and not another car from a client that sends them 20 cars a month.

For what it's worth, I would take the car RIGHT NOW to Detailing Dynamics in Mineola. Eddie and Matt are eagle eyes to the 10th degree and will find the problems and get them fixed for you. They are NOT a body shop, but the folks they work with are just outstanding. They'll get the car cleaned up and looking like 1,000%.
I'll definitely send it to Detailing Dynamics once they redo the job they botched and Manhattan Motorcars did outsource the job to another shop.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:01 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Can someone post the infos for detailing dynamics ?

Was thinking of taking the car in for a detail, its been a month and a half and 3300 miles, wouldnt mind getting it refreshed a little.

Thx.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:49 PM
jamheg1101 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by raiyu
Can someone post the infos for detailing dynamics ?

Was thinking of taking the car in for a detail, its been a month and a half and 3300 miles, wouldnt mind getting it refreshed a little.

Thx.

Have you looked for their info on detailingdynamics.com by chance?

Old 04-05-2008, 08:33 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Detailing Dynamics
www.detailingdynamics.com
66 Windsor Avenue
Mineola, NY 11501

Old 04-06-2008, 01:10 PM
plumcrazy is on a distinguished road
slavik beat me to it.

ask for matt

Old 04-06-2008, 02:11 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
^you snooze you lose.....

Old 04-26-2008, 01:12 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
On the subjects of body shops, does anyone know a good one in the area?

Had a minor fender bender (my fault), just need to get my rear bumper repainted, but I want to make sure its done right.

I tried contacting detailing dynamics but every time I call no one picks up, and no one returns a call for the messages I leave.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
valmeida is on a distinguished road
I have used Final Touch Collision 201-854-3474 ask for Robert. A few members have used them including Phill from Detailers Domain. He does great work. www.finaltouchcollision.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AVOID Manhattan Motorcars!!!