Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

Is the Full size '07+ RR Supercharged reliable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Banned
8speed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ruffinit
Ours has reliably left us stranded on the highway two times in the middle of the night..along with other issues. We've had two..gorgeous luxurious but reliable is not a word I would use with Range Rovers.
Word..........RR is by far the worst made vehicles ever produced! Why anyone would buy one must love futility and spending months at the dealership.........if they can find one! But they do offer free coffee and pastries

Old 02-10-2009, 09:25 PM
porshaah is on a distinguished road
are they that bad though?

Old 02-11-2009, 02:11 AM
hugo will become famous soon enoughhugo will become famous soon enough
right now i have 2 07 rr sc, and not only i haven't got any problems,i think they are definately the best suv around with amazing off road capabilities super luxurious and quite fast(400 ps) and good handlers on road.
Had before other 3 rr sc and same no problem reliability there.
It might be that the problems are more frequent with other rr models as even my friends who own rr sc never had reliabilty issues...

btw,prior to the rr i had 5 g 55 's and one of the reasons for change was my 2 years old(at the time) daughter who didn't like the g's crampy,noisy and dark(not enough glass house) interior,the rr is much more kid friendly....

Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 PM
pyoon is on a distinguished road
I am in the same boat, was thinking of upgrading my 06 RRS HSE (few issues but nothing major and currently @ 46500 miles) to either 07-09 RR SC depending on the price. I've been looking at the CPO (between 10K ~ 30K miles) RR SC from the land rover dealers in Los Angeles and was wondering how much discount I can get from the listed price. Also for a new RR SC how much discount should I expect other than the manufacture to dealer cash back of $12,000.00? Thanks in advance.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:08 PM
patman will become famous soon enoughpatman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by hugo
right now i have 2 07 rr sc, and not only i haven't got any problems,i think they are definately the best suv around with amazing off road capabilities super luxurious and quite fast(400 ps) and good handlers on road.
Had before other 3 rr sc and same no problem reliability there.
It might be that the problems are more frequent with other rr models as even my friends who own rr sc never had reliabilty issues...

btw,prior to the rr i had 5 g 55 's and one of the reasons for change was my 2 years old(at the time) daughter who didn't like the g's crampy,noisy and dark(not enough glass house) interior,the rr is much more kid friendly....
Nice! Exactly what we're looking to hear from another actual latest model RRSC owner not just from onlookers with no true ownership experiences. They definately had to be great for you to own 5 of them throughout.
We've the same thoughts about the RRSC vs G55 in the kid friendly viewpoint as well. Thanks for your input!

BTW, you've an unique & amazing RUF collection!!

Old 02-13-2009, 08:41 PM
NavyLTJG will become famous soon enough
Rrsc

I have owned my Range Rover Sport SC for about a year now and no problems. I really don't drive it alot because i have other vehicles. But for the most part it is definitely a nice ride especially on long trips.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:16 AM
hugo will become famous soon enoughhugo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by patman
Nice! Exactly what we're looking to hear from another actual latest model RRSC owner not just from onlookers with no true ownership experiences. They definately had to be great for you to own 5 of them throughout.
We've the same thoughts about the RRSC vs G55 in the kid friendly viewpoint as well. Thanks for your input!

BTW, you've an unique & amazing RUF collection!!
you are welcome and thx.
kids come first