Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

Is the Full size '07+ RR Supercharged reliable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 05:10 PM
patman will become famous soon enoughpatman will become famous soon enough
Is the Full size '07+ RR Supercharged reliable?

I'm very interested in picking up either '09 Full size RRSC or CPO '07+ RRSC soon. Just don't know if they're reliable & don't like the idea of visiting dealerships too often wasting time eventhough i know they're under warranty. I would like to know from my fellow 6spders' honest & non-biased opinion instead of from LandRover/RangeRover forums if they're worth owning before i acquire one? TIA!

Old 01-14-2009, 02:57 PM
nvrsetl is on a distinguished road
I own an 06 RRSC and I love it. It's comfortable and roomy, the power is plenty for an SUV , looks good in the snow and on a night out in the city, and has the best road presence out there for an SUV (other than the G Class). Yes, they are NOT for everyone as they are/can be tempermental cars, but the if you have a warranty as the new and CPO ones do, then the decision is justified. But, if this is your only car, then I would ill advise against purchasing one.

My 2 cents....hope that helps.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nvrsetl
I own an 06 RRSC and I love it. It's comfortable and roomy, the power is plenty for an SUV , looks good in the snow and on a night out in the city, and has the best road presence out there for an SUV (other than the G Class). Yes, they are NOT for everyone as they are/can be tempermental cars, but the if you have a warranty as the new and CPO ones do, then the decision is justified. But, if this is your only car, then I would ill advise against purchasing one.

My 2 cents....hope that helps.
Wow, thanks for your honest feedback from an actual owner. I really appreciate the advice. This is our 1st SUV due to just having our 1st child & i was looking at the G55, Lexus LX570, & this RRSC. My wife likes the luxurious int. & exterior image of the RRSC most.

BTW u have a very nice looking black 993tt in avatar. Is your wheels gunmetal color?

Old 01-15-2009, 02:53 AM
I considered the G55 prior to buying the RRSC and test drove the car a few times just to make sure but I was disappointed with the power and ride of the SUV, - it felt more 'truck like' and tad noisy on the freeway. But it had a rugged prowess that only a Range could match. And the Lexus is a bigger S Class...luxury all the way.

Thanks. My 993TT is midnight blue and Kinesis K19's in Gunmetal

Old 01-15-2009, 06:41 AM
roadking will become famous soon enough
I have an 07 and love it. No issues so far. The vehicle has the attention to detail you would expect and runs great.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by nvrsetl
I considered the G55 prior to buying the RRSC and test drove the car a few times just to make sure but I was disappointed with the power and ride of the SUV, - it felt more 'truck like' and tad noisy on the freeway. But it had a rugged prowess that only a Range could match. And the Lexus is a bigger S Class...luxury all the way.

Thanks. My 993TT is midnight blue and Kinesis K19's in Gunmetal
Thx! I like the new Lexus LX570 comfort ride & G55 power, but all around total performance package & looks have to give it to the Rover IMO. Very nice choice in color of wheels. I also run the same wheel color on my black 6TT.

Originally Posted by roadking
I have an 07 and love it. No issues so far. The vehicle has the attention to detail you would expect and runs great.
Awesome & thx!! The reassurance i want to hear from another actual Rover owner.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
freshwhite335 is infamous around these partsfreshwhite335 is infamous around these parts
my 06 HSE was total crap reliability wise. After 7 months and about 11k miles I traded it for my 335. I'm so much happier. I love the RR, I really do. But if you are going to have one make sure its not ur only car. luckily for me my parents have other cars i can drive but my RR was always in the shop.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:33 PM
ruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to behold
Ours has reliably left us stranded on the highway two times in the middle of the night..along with other issues. We've had two..gorgeous luxurious but reliable is not a word I would use with Range Rovers.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by freshwhite335
my 06 HSE was total crap reliability wise. After 7 months and about 11k miles I traded it for my 335. I'm so much happier. I love the RR, I really do. But if you are going to have one make sure its not ur only car. luckily for me my parents have other cars i can drive but my RR was always in the shop.
Thx for your advice & now u got us thinking about the reliability part...

Originally Posted by ruffinit
Ours has reliably left us stranded on the highway two times in the middle of the night..along with other issues. We've had two..gorgeous luxurious but reliable is not a word I would use with Range Rovers.
Wow, so u got another RR after 1st being not so reliable. Why go for 2nd round & what yr was both your Rovers? Lastly, what kind of issues? i.e. electrical or engine mech. problems on these RR? TIA.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:48 PM
ruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to behold
Because when they run they are amongst one of the best luxury cars out there. With that said, the first rover was the old shape(99') and the new one was the new shape. They had sold the company and the rover had been maunfatured under the guidence of BMW and Jaguar, so we took a shot at it. The car is 100x better, but the issues still prevail. In all mainly electrical issues. The stranded situations included the front diff going out going to Alabama(but they did pay for a stretch limo to go the rest of the 7 hour trip PLUS pay for a cadillac to be driven all the way back home and had the car shipped to my house)..and recently the alternator just went out without any warning.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:00 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
I love the new RRs. Awesome and I wish I had the expense acct to afford not just the vehicle, but the maintenance also.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:23 PM
freshwhite335 is infamous around these partsfreshwhite335 is infamous around these parts
I had suspension issues, rattling, and various niggly electrical problems on mine. Was driving down the highway last week and saw a gorgeous White fullsized Supercharged on white 24s just sitting on the shoulder with no one in it. Range's are pretty popular here but that also showed when I would pull up the dealer and 10 shiny Ranges would be in the service lane along with mine.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Here is a site that helped me prior to my purchase.

http://www.rangerovers.net/rrmkiii.htm

Also, if you click on the forums and go to the MKIII section you will see what owners have posted on their experiences both good and bad.

Note: Know a good LR mechanic in your area other than the dealer.

Hope this helps.

MJ

Old 01-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Here's a quick pic of mine in case you changed your mind

Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks everyone for your input & +/- feedbacks!

nvrsetl- thanks alot for the link above. Great looking RR you have there! My lady says atleast we gotta give the Rover brand a try if under warranty, so I've to look for a white one for her. I think the new changes on the '06+ RR have improved their reliability or so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is the Full size '07+ RR Supercharged reliable?