Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

need help picking out a range rover...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 04:00 AM
ollie has a spectacular aura aboutollie has a spectacular aura aboutollie has a spectacular aura about
from experience i'd say go with a full size supercharged, if you want a naturally aspirated model, definitely go for one of the later bmw cars, before ford got their hands on Land Rover. In terms of reliability, yes there are faults, but at the end of the day, if you want reliability, buy a toyota. That being said, ive never had a major problem with either of mine. hope this helps

Old 11-17-2009, 05:34 PM
TheBMWMGuy is on a distinguished road
limited edition 'Oxford' Range Rover, 26k miles, 1 of only 120 built

I am looking to sell or trade my Zambezi Silver/Charcoal leather 'Oxford' edition Range Rover HSE. it is a late build 2003 limited edition 'Oxford' Range Rover with only 26k miles! its 1 of only 120 ever built. the sticker price was over $77k and the dealers were asking $15-$20k over sticker because it was so rare. Built by BMW, it uses a 'thoroughly modified' X5 4.4 v8 motor making a very flat 325ft/lbs of torque.

Purchased off the Showroom floor in 2003, all scheduled service/maintance work performed at Land Rover Las Vegas, only 25,465 original miles!

Zambezi Silver Exterior
Charcoal 'Oxford' leather Interior
Granite/Black Accents(no woodgrain)

Loaded with EVERY option:
-$5k 'Oxford' charcoal leather package
-Extended leather on dash & door pulls
-14way power seats & headrests w/ memory
-Heated front & rear Seats
-Heated front windshield and rear window
-Heated leather steering wheel
-Heated/powered/auto dimming folding
side mirrors and rear view mirror
-DVD navigation & 'Off Road' navigation with
the ability to set 'route-traceable' way points
-Driver selectable air-suspension
-570w 15 speaker Harman Kardon premium
sound system with 6 disc cd changer
-Bi-Xenon Headlights with front &
rear fog lights
-7700lb tow package

Also open to trades for:
2005+ Competition M3 6spd
2005.5+ Audi S4 6spd
2003 Audi RS6 sedan
2003+ SL-55 amg
2003+ CL-55 amg
2003+ E-55 amg
2002+ Maserati Coupe
1998+ Viper GTS

Old 11-17-2009, 10:53 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
im also in the market but won't be buying until late 2010, so will probably see if i can pick up a used 2010 model at a depreciated price. only thing that worries me is how un-reliable everyone makes the rr out to be.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:35 PM
97GtsMonster is on a distinguished road
they are not all unreliable.. i have a 2007 with 31k miles and has never been to the dealer for anything but maintance. and it is for sale if anyone is interested.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Chris[NJ] is on a distinguished road
Whats everyones opinion on this 06?
http://www.landrovernorthscottsdale....e-4955122.html

Old 01-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Dick Fidd is on a distinguished road
I have an 05 - BMW 4.4 and all digital electronics. Only year that had both. I drove an 08 SC full size and did not feel enough of a difference to justify the change. It's NOT sporty in any way, but it is the most luxurious and relaxing vehicle to drive IMHO. I just drove the 2010 full size SC and it IS worth the change. If you are going to look at the RR Sport, you might as well look at a Cayenne GTS/Turbo, X5 4.8is, ML550/63, as they are all better drivers.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:59 PM
997SilverTurbo has a spectacular aura about997SilverTurbo has a spectacular aura about
Hi

Hi guys,

I have a Range rover hse full size 06 with 40.000, i was worried about the high miles, what do you guys think is time tha change it for a new one, or I have to wait for the 2010 used in the end of the year.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 AM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
I was in same position as you. Just sold wife's 06 full size 43k as it was just coming out of warranty.Looked at 2010's but have decided to wait to see how they shake down(RR sports are having a bit of trouble with '10 model)

So in the meantime have opted for 08 supercharged and see how things turn out next year.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I had issues with my 05, but I was not able to find a warranty for it when it came out of factory warranty. You really should not buy any high end car that isn't in factory warranty or without buying a good aftermarket warranty. Due to warranty claims from the past, almost all of the aftermarket warranty companies exempt a Range Rover that is out of factory warranty.

The prices are coming way down now, and alot of the later cars are still under warranty. Reliability also gets better the newer they are.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:09 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I have had an 03 (BMW 4.4) for about 5 years. Once it came off warranty it has become a nightmare. I have spent well over what the truck is worth in the last 2 years fixing things like Air suspension, many electical issues, etc. I would recomend to look for something else. They have dropped in value significantly, but are truly garbage.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:29 PM
997SilverTurbo has a spectacular aura about997SilverTurbo has a spectacular aura about
good point my friend, but i need a big SUV about my work, you know, i dont know what SUV get,

Old 02-05-2010, 11:54 AM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
The earlier ones may be garbage as a pevious poster stated, but I think generally the later ones are fine. You will always hear from someone who has had trouble but I know of at least a half dozen '06 and newer that have been completely trouble free, and I am sure these are not the only ones.
As they say "You pays your money and you take a chance".

Old 02-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Surfer is on a distinguished road
Personally I like the Jag drivetrain better then the prior BMW drivetrain, even n/a form. What I didn't like about the Sport was it's fricken cramped inside for a such a heavy and fairly stocky truck on the outside, especially the rear seats. It definitley doesn't drive sporty in any means, I think that tag threw some buyers for a loop thinking they were getting a "sports" truck.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:51 PM
farrbar is on a distinguished road
I have a 2005 RR HSE, so it has the BMW 4.4 but the more modern NAV than the earlier years of the same engine. I got the car for a steal in October of 2008 just after the stock market tanked and gas was high. At the time the CPO added 2 years, plus the in-service date for mine was late, so I have manufacturer warranty until January 2012!

Overall, I love the car. Not very sporty, but very comfortable. I think the space is fantastic and the performance is just fine. For the ~20K miles I have put on the car I have average 14.7 mpg, and my driving is a mix of city and highway.

My business partner hates my car, but loves his RR Sport. I think the sport (especially rear seat) is too tight. So I guess the key is spend plenty of time in one before you buy it as everyone has different taste.

Like many have posted before, warranty is key, and I plan to trade up before mine runs out.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:45 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Surfer
Personally I like the Jag drivetrain better then the prior BMW drivetrain, even n/a form. What I didn't like about the Sport was it's fricken cramped inside for a such a heavy and fairly stocky truck on the outside, especially the rear seats. It definitley doesn't drive sporty in any means, I think that tag threw some buyers for a loop thinking they were getting a "sports" truck.

I drove one with the Jaguar engine for a full day, and I drove a Sport as well for a day and when I drove the one with the BMW engine it was the perfect combo of size and an engine that felt more willing and although blunted by weight willing to tear the top off the tach.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: need help picking out a range rover...