Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

Just picked up my new Rossion Q1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 04:41 PM
bgwilly31 is on a distinguished road
Just picked up my new Rossion Q1

This trip was a interesting one to say the least.
First off it seemed about halfway through this trip it was doomed to suck. As everything seemed to be going badly. I mean everything.
Before reading this forgive the grammar errors please im not writing a paper for a grade score. And i hated english class anyhow. lol
We set off from cincy around 5pm. Said our goodbys to our puppies.

Around 5:45pm i randomly remember that i forgot my dealer tag. Very important as i would need it to get the rossion back. Bad thing#1. So we head back and pick it up. Okay so now were on our way. Cruise on down to knoxville and the navigation wants to take me away from 75 S. I check the map on the navi and looks like it might just be circling the city and coming back to 75 S. I play it safe and follow my Navi's advice. Bad Thing #2. Navi decides i want to see the rocky mountains @ midnight. 55mph, curvy highway mountain roadway, and North Carolina here i come. Guess were going to get to I-95 a little sooner than we thought. My personal longest road trip besides this would have been LOG29 which was about 10 hours. This one is 17 hours. And because of work were driving straight through. I was fine up until about 5am. I was about 4 Rockstar Energy drinks deep. And my stomach was killing me. I was worried sick about hitting a tire shroud or road kill in the road. So i was tired of night driving and couldnt wait for the sun to come up. Around 9am or so we decided to pull off at a rest stop and attempt a power nap. Attempt failed. Somehow napping in a Lotus Exige next to highway of screaming semi's isnt exactly ideal for power napping. We changed cloths, brushed our teeths, freshened up and hit the road. Freshening up seemed to help and gave me a bit of second wind. Stomach is still growling. Maybe Mcdonalds breakfast will help. Bad Thing #3. Mcdonalds made it worse and didnt sit well. So Finally we see our first good sign.

One of the things i noticed about the south. Is there reflectors on the road. (ya know the things between the white lines) Are huge! When i first switched lanes down here and hit one of these things i thought i hit a pot hole. So i made it a bit of a game to help me stay awake to try and avoid hitting them while switching lanes. Another thing that helped me stay awake was playing kereokee with myself. Lucky for my wife she was dead asleep. If i listened to a song i didnt know the words to it made me more tired. lol.
So we arrive at our first stop. Rossion Automotive. First though we need to de-painters tape the Lotus and give it a quick spray down. Didnt have much of a problem finding one. Now to find rossion. We saw it getting off the exit But theres not a direct road to get there. After pulling into two wrong parking lots We find it. It's TIME! We walk into a beautiful showroom and im scanning the place for my Rossion. There it is! No its not. Thats the Pearl white one. My wife comments "is that it!" I say no thats the pearl White one. She says "ohh i love this one why didnt you get this one" I tell her "thats why". While were looking i see a funny looking man on the phone. In my head im thinking "This must be dean" (jk dean) lol. Dean is just as nice in person as he is on the phone. Fantastic guy. So of course i ask Where's mine>? He says we have a problem. BAD THING #4 My heart skips a beat. "Not a big problem, The wing isnt ready yet" Woo i feel better now. Dean takes this oppertunity to try and talk me out of the wing again. lol. Its about 1pm at this point and dean says the wing will be ready around 4pm. Im ok with that. But ask is the car here so i can see it>? Dean replies "Oh yeah sure right this way" Here we go. I walk into the back and there she is. Love at first sight. Take a quick looksy and dean says "Let me take it outside for you" He sits in and turns the key. It fires up...What a symphony. I turn to my wife and give her that look. like Oh yeahh. He pulls it around front and i get the 411 on how things work.

At this point my pregant wife is dying for something to eat. So we head over to Longhorns while the car gets finished up. Chili cheese fries, Bread and butter, parmessian grilled chicken. we dont even come close to finshing all of this food. However we hate to leave it but i dont remember seeing a fridge or a microwave in our room online. dayum. Were stuffed and miserable as we head back to see if the car is ready for us.
I get back and there she is. Even better looking than before.

The wing adds that extra attitude. Its complete. I take a seat behind the wheel. My first thoughts are hrmm a bit more cramped than i expected. My knees are very close to the dash and steering wheel. Dean shows me the steering wheel is very adjustable. Im 6'2". Shifter feels stiff but precise. I give it a little gas release the clutch, The clutch is a very short throw. I think wow that was easy, so easy my wife could probably do this. I dont share that with her though. Im off, self conscience of the 4k rpm limit for the very important break in period. I pull it around the parking lot and head for the road. I give the steering a quick jerk. Wow the response is incredible. Our next stop is the Fontaine Bleu. Our $600 a night hotel. The wife insisted on that one. Heading down I-95 South towards South beach scares the crap out of me. The amount of traffic and dumbasses on the road are incredible. Ive been to some terrible traffic cities(chicago and New york) but i swear Miami is worlds worse. In one section the speed limit dropped to 45mph. Im in the middle lane and Everybody, not just a few, but Everybody is flying past me honking their horns and going about 70-80mph minimum. In miami they like to ride your *** even though the lane next to you may be open. They still sit behind you. Weaving in and out traffic the works. I couldnt believe it and was worried sick with the new rossion trying to make it to the hotel. Finally we made it. The fontain Bleau. Now to deal with Valet. We cruise up to the front of the hotel. They have about 20 valet guys standing there. I think about half came running up to the car at a chance to drive it. Sorry boys im VIPing it out front. I talk to the valet man and tell him i wish to park it myself. He points me to a spot next to a Bentley and rolls royce. As were getting our things out. The one and only "Predator" Pulls up in his One of a kind Orange Rossion Q1. Its a rossion party at the Fontaine Bleu. What a great guy. Very helpful and very cool. We have a short chat and he heads off to meet his wife at a show. We head up to our room and im anxious for some much needed sleep.

My pregant wife cant resist touching the expensive nuts. Luckily i see her do it and tell her to put them down! She gets mad but does so. They were on a weighted system and if she would have waited just a few more seconds. Our room would have been charge for $23 nut mix. lol.
The next day we wake up and head downstairs for breakfast. We go to get a cab and WHAT THE! Bad thing #5. My car is gone! I immediately look for one of the Valet guy i dealt with last night. Can't find him so this guy will do. Where the F is my car? Supposedly there was some mis communication last night. They charge your room $32 a day for parking. Well you can VIP park for an additional $50. So i figured they just charged that as well. Apparently not. I was supposed to give the guy $50 cash last night if i wanted it to be VIP. I must have said VIP to the latino man 4-5 times last night. He even moved a car so i could park in the VIP area. He never said anything about paying him cash! These Mother F-ers have pissed me off. There's no telling what my new poor baby has gone through over night. The manager comes out and gets the car from underneath in the garage. They park it up top in the VIP section for the remainder of the day free of charge. Im not happy at all but i'm hungry, lets get breakfast! Now ive had this planned since before we came. Im a big Cincy bengals fan and Ocho Cinco goes to miami every week and eats at davids Cafe. He took a picture of his favorite dish there and it looked amazing. So were heading to davids cafe for some cuban breakfast.

Ocho Cinco has great taste. That meal was unbelievable, and made me forget about the mornings disaster. We walk around south beach enjoy the scenary and go trhough some shops. My wife had been watching the kardashians in miami for the past month before our trip so we had to find their store down here Dash.

Our walk on ocean drive.

Unfortunately our vacation is over and its time to head back and check out get on the road.
yeah i know, Already. But this time im a lot more excited to do so, since were heading back in the rossion.
We get back to the hotel.

Pack up and get ready to head off. My wife scans the room to make sure we dont forget anything. While she does, she tells me guess what i found. She opens the cabinet and theres a fridge and a microwave. lol Dayum that left over longhorns would have been fantastic last night.
A few pictures as were leaving miami.

We head up to Atlanta to stay the night with my brother. Wake up in the morning and have another great breakfast! I love breakfast. My wife wants to stop by the bookstore before we head back. "What to expect when Expecting" And "belly laughs" by jenny mcarthy. Great. Cincy here we come. Once we left Atlanta i was excited to get back on the road. As i was already at 800 miles. Only 200 miles left until the break in period is over and the 4k rpm limit is lifted! 1 bar of boosted fury is in my near future. 250 miles later is gas fill up time. I got about 21mpg on the highway. One of the weird things never talked about with these car is apparently they have 4-5 gallon reserves. In other words when the gas gauge reads empty you have 4-5 gallons left in the tank. Anyway this is it. I turn to my wife to make sure she's ready. We creep on the onramp and i unleash 3/5th of Full throttle Fury as we get to the highway. I merge onto the highway going over 100mph. i let up and hit the brakes "ohhh yeahh" The turbos Scream like dead witches are trapt in the boot, as the car feels like its about to take off for flight.
I find an open stretch. I scan it for cops sitting on the sides of the road, all clear. Going about 70mph i downshift to 4th and let it loose. It could go to third but im taking it a bit easy. The Dead witches in the back erupt into full terror. I shift into 5th and give it another stomp before i have to brake for slower traffic. "Ohh yeahhh" This thing is fast! We approach cincy and the end of our adventure. The trip that we thought could see nothing go right. We had got the new the car home safe, and ticketless.

But i didnt get home without the noticing the little issues.
-Tire rubbing. For some reason im getting some pretty good tire rubbing going on in the back on decent size bumps or good size crubs.
-Condensation leaking in the pass. side footwell.
-Boost gauge is very dim at night.
-E-brake is useless.
Little problems that will get taken care of.
I still have yet to put it to the floor, and ive driven some fast cars. This car just absolutely screams.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:43 PM
bgwilly31 is on a distinguished road
Oh i forgot to post this funny one. On I-95 we saw a queen latiffa look alike driving this beauty. The blur on the fender says 22" DUBS!

Old 10-08-2009, 09:10 AM
350zbiturbo is a jewel in the rough350zbiturbo is a jewel in the rough350zbiturbo is a jewel in the rough350zbiturbo is a jewel in the rough
More pics and great story. Lets see that interior.... Dean is a great guy and your little issues will be taken care of for sure. They created an amazing looking car there, so good quality this time around. (comparing to the noble, that wasnt so good)

Old 10-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Surfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bgwilly31
Heading down I-95 South towards South beach scares the crap out of me. The amount of traffic and dumbasses on the road are incredible. Ive been to some terrible traffic cities(chicago and New york) but i swear Miami is worlds worse. In one section the speed limit dropped to 45mph. Im in the middle lane and Everybody, not just a few, but Everybody is flying past me honking their horns and going about 70-80mph minimum. In miami they like to ride your *** even though the lane next to you may be open. They still sit behind you. Weaving in and out traffic the works.
LOL welcome to South FL... only place where you can be going way over the limit and still get passed by a Semi .

Congrats on the car, Rossion is about 15min from me, excellent cars.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:24 PM
ollie has a spectacular aura aboutollie has a spectacular aura aboutollie has a spectacular aura about
great write up, not too keen on the spoiler but nice looking car otherwise. 17 hours in an exige?!! thats crazy!