Notices
Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

TVR? How are they today?

Old 03-25-2010, 01:50 PM
vegard_dino is on a distinguished road
TVR? How are they today?

Hi all
How is TVR today? Any information on these crazy Briths?

Old 04-01-2010, 02:39 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
To the best of my knowledge the company folded and everything was mothballed indefinitely.
The company was bought a few years ago by a Russian with big plans and none of them were realized. The company ran out of money and was shuttered some time ago. There was some vague talk about reviving the brand using new manufacturing facilities in Italy (and a much higher price point) but as far as I know it never got beyond talk/rumor.

It is a shame because I loved the TVR, warts and all. I owned a Chimaera as my daily driver in the 90s and have very fond memories of that car.
The car weighed as much as a carton of cigarettes, used a tubular spaceframe chassis, a kevlar/fiberglass body and a V8 engine. 'Nuff said.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Mar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud of
that sucks, TVR Sagaris was one of my favorite looking cars

Old 05-24-2010, 12:31 PM
chrisallen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mar48 View Post
that sucks, TVR Sagaris was one of my favorite looking cars
Hands down

Old 05-28-2010, 01:52 PM
s14blane is on a distinguished road
It's sad to see a car with such promise falter in the hands of a mismanaged company.

IMHO, I think the looks and the power were always there with the TVR's, but the fit and finish was where they were lacking.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:42 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
I second that. My TVR looked great and was a blast when new, but did not stand up well to the test of time. After 3 years and 25,000 miles, the engine failed with a cracked header. Turns out the aluminum Rover V8 block was known for that type of failure. Overall fit and finish was also more at the 'advanced kit car' level, when it should have been higher grade.

Great design, poor execution. Seems like the epitaph for most of the UK's defunct car industry...