Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

2008 WRX or STI ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:15 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
oh and join http://www.iwsti.com/

Best resource for STI info...I have the same username there if you need any help.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Black05GT is on a distinguished road
You wont find 10k off on any STi, and by the time you make your purchase the 08 STi's will be gone. There are only a handful left in the northeast currently (for example).

..and its the DCCD that will let you control the % power going to the rear wheels. SI drive just switches between 3 different throttle maps. Both are unique to the STi though, so you rlogic still supports the STi =)

...my advice would be if possible see if you can jump on one of the great deals going on with the 08STi. 0% and up to 7k off has been done, with the supply runing out im not sure how many people are still getting 7k off, but anyhting even clsoe is a tremendous deal. Knowing your other car is a 997, I feel you would appreciate the STI much more then the wrx. The core of the car is much better suited for what you want to do right form the factory. As it was stated before you could even KEEP your factory warranty and enjoy the car!! If you got the WRX (even the 09), i bet you would find something to kick yourself about down the road.

either way... good luck! let us know which way you go!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:31 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Well looks like I have made up my mind and im going to go with a STI.

Im not planning on buying new, you can already find some used 2008 STI for $28K, my guess is the next year they will drop to the low $20's and then i will pick one up.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mobonic
Thanks for the input.

Im still 6+ months away from buying, but i never buy anything without researching first.

I'm no Hamilton, but I consider myself a above average driver and I'm always complimented on my smoothness from drivers/instructors at the track in my 997.

I will probably go with the 2008 STi, I love wagons and hatchbacks!

I will probably just do sway bars, intake, and maybe a mild tune and take it to the track and race it in stock class.

I will still be tracking and racing my 997.

I think the reason I will go with the STi is the 6 speed and the SI-DRIVE which will make it more RWD biased for the track than a WRX symmetrical 50/50 AWD.

I really prefer RWD, but there is no hatchback in the US that i like that has RWD

With your above mods listed, a FULL TBE (turboback exhaust) really wakes up any Subaru. Its a great investment that is highly recommended. The Cobb Accessport is the best ECU programmer on the market. It will give you so much for so little.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Black05GT is on a distinguished road
Good call!!!! Youll be hard pressed to find one in the LOW 20's in the next year, unless it has high miles. The cheap prices right now have been created by the 0% and $5k dealer rebates that run through dec 31st. I imagine they will stay relatively flat for the next year, im sure youll be able to find one maybe just under 25k which is pretty cheap considering I was selling 2007 models for 28-29k a few moths ago! People who like to new bodystyle have been more fortunate in getting them for cheap money, while people who love the 07 and older have had to pay a premium (relatively) due to supply and demand.

Best of luck to you! It be a fun daily driver

Old 12-12-2008, 01:37 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by RFFG
And your modlist should only be turboback exhaust and a protune and you'll be happy as far as power for daily duties...

for a little while at least!!!

the mod bug hits HARD with these cars!

Old 12-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by empunker
for a little while at least!!!

the mod bug hits HARD with these cars!
That's what I hear from friends that own them. All you really need is a full exhaust with all the cat deletes and a reflash.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
I have a few friends that sell Subarus and they were telling me that the factory has all kinds of incentives on STIs and big dealerships are selling them for up to $4,000 under dead cost.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:48 PM
luckyman#9 is on a distinguished road
I got my 08 for 7500 off MSRP plus the $995 warranty free with 0% for 63 months. Great buy IMO.