Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Need some opinions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 01:26 AM
JJ Skribbs is infamous around these parts
Need some opinions.

Hey everybody. I am getting ready to get a new car and have been going back and forth trying to decide which one. Help me decide.

Background:

I owned 2 S2000 in the past and then moved onto a truck because I needed something more practical. But now I am ready to get back into a car, and this time it doesn't need to be the most practical car out there but not quite as small as the S2000. I originally started off by looking at S2000, RX7, Supra, NSX, 350z, 335i, E46 M3, C6, C5 Z06, Sti, and Evo 9. Here are my very short conclusions on all of them.

S2000- The most fun to drive, especially around town. But too small for DD.
RX7- Compareable to the S2000 in every aspect. Opportunity to make huge power numbers. Reliabilty scares me and too small for DD.
Supra- Not much to say here. I have, and always will love these cars. Just not my time to own one. It's too much money for me to justify spending on a 15+ year old car. Not saying it isn't worth it though.
NSX- Same as Supra.
E46- Like em. Don't love em. Beautiful car, good power, good handling, but ehh maybe not my cup of tea.
C6 & C5 Z06- FAST. Handle great. Look amazing. Don't know how good of a DD it would be. Will definitely own when I'm a little older.
335i- I love how this car looks and it was the best DD. Fast in a straight line. Handling isn't too bad either. Not to mention the "social status" benefit Wish it was a little more track oriented though. (POSSIBILITY)
350Z- Decent power. Decent handling. Looks really good. Comfortable. Good amount of upgrades. (POSSIBILITY)
STi- Perfect DD/ Track car. (POSSIBILITY)
EVO- Perfect DD/ Track car. Looks better than Sti. Interior is nicer than Sti. Better steering response than Sti. More expensive than Sti. (POSSIBILITY)

After doing tons and tons of research on all of them and test driving them I have narrowed it down to 335i, 350z, Sti, and Evo. I will be DD the car, approximately 800 miles a month. And will be doing various racing events on weekends. From drag, autox, track course, taking it through the twisties and just spirited driving in general. Out of those three: what do you prefer and why.

BTW: I realize they are all completely different cars. RWD, AWD, Turbo, NA, 2 Door, 4 Door, etc. etc. But bare with me.

BTWW: Sorry for the long post

Old 07-31-2009, 06:50 PM
fastz33 is infamous around these parts
i got another idea for u

370nismo with TT 500whp all day

Old 07-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Envy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond reputeEnvy has a reputation beyond repute
Nsx all the way I'm a bit biased but you really can't compare any of the others with it other than the supra and the c5z. If you want something no one else has get the nsx, if you want something fast get the c5z or the supra. The nsx has a bit of a power disadvantage but that it's quite nimble and quick even for that.