Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newspaper article

Old 08-17-2008, 07:24 PM
aretm is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 08-18-2008, 02:18 PM
wallmon is on a distinguished road
The article makes some sense. Although I've got a 997 TT cab, I love driving my Cayenne TT just a bit more. It's quiet, fast, and has plenty of room for passengers and a bunch of "stuff". The Panamera is going to fill a hole in Porsche's line-up and may actually cannibalize some Cayenne sales. I'm trying to keep an open mind when it comes to some of the design aspects of the car and will consider it when it when they start taking off some of the disguise plastic. I'm actually looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
For family use, the panamera model makes sense. It still won't replace any 911 even if it is faster in a straight line. Don't anticipate that people will track their panamera even if the car is capable.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:05 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
I'm thinking that the Panamera may just be the car that removes all doubts that Porsche has been dethroned by anything from Japan. If you think about it, the Panamera is the clear competitor to the GTR. It is a big 4 seat GT (that still weighs less than the GTR) and has more horsepower than the GTR if one chooses the larger motors. No doubt it will have lots of electronic gadgetry to keep the four occupants safe. Who knows, maybe it will turn one hell of a fast lap on the 'ring with the correct on-board computer.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:20 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
I think, over the years the strongest panamera model will have more HP than the strongest 911 model (GT2), but because of it´s power/weight ratio the pana won`t be faster. The aftermarket will offer some serious stuff for the panamera, i mean it carries a V8 not just a V6. But it´s a Grandtourer anyway, so its strength will be the autobahn or highways and not the track.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:43 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
The Panamera will probably be one of the greatest grandtourers ever. The GTR has shown that with the right computer program, even a "four-seater" can turn a hot lap at the 'ring. I bet the Panamera will be great at the ring (if that is what Porsche wants).

Old 09-18-2008, 09:57 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
The GT-R is hardly a 4 seater, i tried it, it offers nothing more what the 911 offers, it is okay for kids but that´s about it.
The panamera will be a true 4 seater. we will see what it can do on a track but i think porsche won´t be interested to beat any Ring time with this car.
i think they are more interested to attract new customers and beat his competitors (CLS, Maserati GT, BMW6s, Rapide etc.) in sales.

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 09-18-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Nicksta is on a distinguished road
Truth is, there is an lacking space in the market for a car such as this. Depending on price, I think they've really hit something here.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:03 AM
humveelat is on a distinguished road
The Panamera are really cool...Want to have this someday.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
their marketing makes sense. Whats the msrp?

Old 10-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Banned
michael2008 is on a distinguished road
Panamera

The Porsche Panamera is a four-door, four-seat sedan, currently in design stage, set to be launched in 2009.It will be front-engined and rear wheel drive and powered by a modified version of the 4.5 L V-8 found in the Cayenne, equipped with the FSI system as used by Volkswagen.
__________________________________________________ ________________
Carhartt Work Gloves investment real estate

Old 10-06-2008, 10:51 AM
jlingk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by wallmon
The Panamera is going to fill a hole in Porsche's line-up and may actually cannibalize some Cayenne sales.
At $130k+ the Panamera is in a different class altogether. Not sure someone looking to pay $65k for a Cayenne is going to make the leap. This is going to be a 500hp beast.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:46 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I would have a hard time justifying $130K or more when you can buy and AMG C63 for half that which is already close to 500hp. Given todays economy people are going to chose more with their wallet than brand loyalty, I would think.