Drove the 4s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 06:17 PM
tony102385 is on a distinguished road
Drove the 4s

I just drove the panamera and love it, I ended up
purchasing the turbo that will be here in a week. I will get
pictures up asap. It's carbon grey with cognac.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
both are great options! good luck!

Old 10-14-2009, 06:21 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
yeah please post pic..... i have mix thoughts on the car though, make me change my mind please...

Old 10-14-2009, 06:59 PM
didn't get pictures of the test car they had but will tomorrow because gotta go back in to finish the deal. Pictures dont do this car justice but the rear of the car could be better.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
I just attened the Atlanta launch. Really like the car.
See one in my future.
The interior is just stellar !

There was one cognac Turbo. Not too wild about that specific color. Looks good in dark colors.

Last edited by Yves; 10-14-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Dawgdoc is on a distinguished road
Just drove the 4S as the turbo was out on the road. If I wasn't stuck in a lease with a S550 MCB I might have jumped at ordering the Panamera. The 4S drove great and can only imagine the response of the turbo. Lease runs out in a year. Good timing and opportunity to see how the Panamera performs. "Bugs?"

Old 10-15-2009, 12:13 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
When you guys went to the dealers did they only have a few or did they get enough to actually start selling them?

Im wondering when they will start getting 5-6 sitting on the lots?

Old 10-15-2009, 12:41 PM
wont be until spring before the dealers really get them on the lots. Right now there slowly coming in and being sold right when they come in or before. The one I picked out already sold so I have to find another one which is not easy to do because this car has to many options to choose from which alters one car from another alot.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:08 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tony102385
wont be until spring before the dealers really get them on the lots. Right now there slowly coming in and being sold right when they come in or before. The one I picked out already sold so I have to find another one which is not easy to do because this car has to many options to choose from which alters one car from another alot.
Yea the options is what suck with Porsche. I usually am a very on the moment buyer but I am going to take my time and order what I want. I told myself that im sticking with the order but I may just get to excited

Old 10-15-2009, 11:24 PM
The 4s is great but here is the reasoning I
went with the turbo, I built both cars and
the 4s came out to like 125k. I thought to myself
if I'm gonna spend that much on a car why not get
a turbo for like 15k more (from they way I originally built it)
so I got the turbo idea stuck in my head and now looking
to spend around 160k for one that's already built, I want it
asap. So my extra 15 turned out to be 35 but I am sure it will
be worth it.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:26 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
its as nice in the inside as it is ugly on the outside, like a fat girl.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:55 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
congrats man!!

Old 10-16-2009, 05:37 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Had my first 4S viewing & ride yesterday. Larger than anticipated, BEAUTIFUL interior. It is better in person than pictures. Official launch is the 27th so I will get to spend more time with it. It may be controversial but it's still a Porsche. Awesome vehicle overall.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:58 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
funny how the census is turning on the Panamera once everybody see's in person and test drives, kinda like when the Cayenne first came out....

Old 10-17-2009, 02:49 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Talk about BIG. I was expecting a large vehicle, but not that LARGE.

Having said that, it handles it's size well, VERY well. I was impressed. Yeah, the looks are polarizing, but also imposing, if not intimidating. I started my 5-mile trip in 'Normal' mode to get some pedal feel. It felt much like it's competitors in terms of pedal feel and suspension.

But when I put it in 'Sport' mode, it came alive. The same way Sport mode wakes up my 911, the Panamera felt like it wanted to go. Of course, that's when I was pulling back into traffic.

A couple of comments:
1) Road Noise: Just enough to give you some feedback and exhaust note, but nowhere near the noise that you get out of the 911.
2) Rear Legroom: Pretty freakin good. I'm only 6ft, but the other guy riding with me was 6'3" and had no problem whatsoever. But since the seatbacks are so high, there's not much of a view from the back.
3) Center Console: Tons of buttons, but all amazingly easy to distinguish and interact with. I just wish I would have turned the Sport Exhaust on for a bit.
4) Did I mention it's a BIG car? There were some S550s around, but none alongside the Panamera. I would like to see the two next to each other to compare the 'presence'.

What was funny was that there were a few people who walked out of their drive and headed over to check out a Quattroporte in the Preowned area. When I commented something to the PreOwned Manager, he told me that the Maserati had been traded in the night before for a Panamera order, with 2 other potential customers planning on trading in their Maseratis as well.

All said and done, I thought it was a great car, but my 911 doesn't need to fear about being replaced. I was smart enough NOT to bring the wife because she would have wanted it...but I'm too happy with my 911. If I were in the market for a luxury car, the Panamera would be at the top of the list, but only to join Darth in the garage, not replace him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drove the 4s