Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4s vs mb cl550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:16 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
yes at Jack Daniel's Porsche in New Jersey, they have a green one.... threre.. mix emotions...
Same here, test drove it, trying to “un-mix” my emotion on a few angle. Other than that, LOVE it

Old 10-27-2009, 02:11 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
im surprised posters on a porsche forum favor a mb. i want to see the cl before i buy to check interior size but no dealers near me ever have one in stock.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fcar348
im surprised posters on a porsche forum favor a mb....
It's because we are all still in shock and aren't quite drinking the kool aid yet .

Old 10-27-2009, 07:47 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
It's because we are all still in shock and aren't quite drinking the kool aid yet .
I can tell you this, it is definitely growing on me by the day. I am very sure if I get a car like the CL, that excitement will fade after a month or so. But i think I will grow to bond with the Panamera. That is $100K +++ gamble

Old 10-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdc
I can tell you this, it is definitely growing on me by the day. I am very sure if I get a car like the CL, that excitement will fade after a month or so. But i think I will grow to bond with the Panamera. That is $100K +++ gamble
I hear you. I want to like it, I want to accept it and like you - aspects of it are growing on me. Our red 959S is even featured in the TV commercial and some of the other ad/marketing materials which is why I want to like it even more...
But I think it will take some time. I've driven the CL and the Panamera Turbo and as a Porsche enthusiast - I simply prefer a coupe but understand that those looking for 4 doors or need the room, makes the Pana attractive.
The CL doesn't have the excitement factor vs. the Porsche. Bottomline, the Pana Turbo was a blast but I couldn't help thinking about the rear look of the car the entire time...
I almost sold my Porsches when the Cayenne was launched, change is tough to swallow sometimes. At least we're all being entertained by the car makers and their decisions.
Heck, I say go for it. Lower it a bit, some wheels and enjoy...unless the mod bug really hits you - you know who to call.

Last edited by Sales@RSS; 10-27-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:43 PM
mdc
u have a 959s? I am not worthy. saw a gray 2010 GT3 today, it is very nice. I think the Panamera will be a great car. It does not matter to me if they are flying off the showroom, which they are not. If u follow some of the other thread, I am struggling between the turbo for it looks vs the S, for its price. I think most people loves the interior, I do too.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mdc
u have a 959s? I am not worthy. saw a gray 2010 GT3 today, it is very nice. I think the Panamera will be a great car. It does not matter to me if they are flying off the showroom, which they are not. If u follow some of the other thread, I am struggling between the turbo for it looks vs the S, for its price. I think most people loves the interior, I do too.
Yes, we have a rare 1988 959S along with many other great Porsches both old and new, and our newest arrival, a black 2010 GT3..... If you can $wing it, go for the Pana Turbo... Here is our 959S in the Panamera Commercial, it was a blast being at the shoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YssFS12jVUU

Old 10-28-2009, 12:38 PM
mdc
that is heaven

Old 10-28-2009, 06:26 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
heyyyy, i saw that commercial, it is cool as hell.....

Old 10-28-2009, 11:55 PM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
I loved my CL. I like exotics but always like having an everyday drive that was completely different from the toys. Something that had a totally different image. The CL may not be as fast, but it is a beauty. And if its your wifes car.....it will look like hers. Not like shes driving one of your cars.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:50 AM
mdc
Originally Posted by vanquishv12
I loved my CL. I like exotics but always like having an everyday drive that was completely different from the toys. Something that had a totally different image. The CL may not be as fast, but it is a beauty. And if its your wifes car.....it will look like hers. Not like shes driving one of your cars.
interesting point, we just share our cars. Never see it from that angle, but you might be right. But I am not sure that is important

Old 10-29-2009, 12:52 AM
mdc
Specs out a Panamera 4s at about 115, turbo at 144... still a 30K+/- different between the two

Old 10-29-2009, 01:41 AM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
Will you get $30k worth of use from the turbo? And how often.? 30k is a pretty nice vacation and youll still have a Panam 4S in the garage. You have a bunch of options!
So lets see what these options are with the $145K:
a] Panam turbo [share]
b] Panam 4S plus $30k for vacation to Monaco GrandPrix. [share]
c] Panam 4S plus Cube plus $15K for a new outdoor kitchen. [Share]
d] Cube [hers] and you pocket the $130k. [yours as payoff for totally giving into the Cube deal]
e] CL [Hers]

Last edited by vanquishv12; 10-29-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:54 AM
mdc
Will you get $30k worth of use from the turbo? And how often.? 30k is a pretty nice vacation and youll still have a Panam 4S in the garage. You have a bunch of options!
a] Panam turbo [share]
d] Cube [hers] and you pocket the $130k. [yours as payoff for totally giving into the Cube deal]
e] CL [Hers]
That is the debate I am having with myself for 3 weeks now. We have discussed option D, except it is not with the Panamera, but with 997.2TT. But I worried about the safety of the Cube as our main family car, even if it is for just around town. You are right. I will not get ANY use at all out of the turbo. But, if I were to keep this car for about 3 to 4 years. That S/4S front will bugs me everyday. My passion is industry design, will be in therapy after a month if the visual is not 100% . ; D. . Following the heart = turbo. Following logic = S/4S. And for a lot of other good reasons. Turbo value will tank once the v6 is out, the exclusivity will be gone. But I got to wonder, how many Panamera can Porsche produce each year? You don’t see a lot of 997 TT around, so I doubt there will be too many Panamera TT around either? This is like owning an Aston, that is a follow your heart car, right? btw, off topic here , I think two of three Aston dealers are gone around where I live.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
mdc
a] Panam turbo [share]
e] CL [Hers]
oh, one key factor, this is primary her car, I will drive it maybe once or twice a week at most.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 4s vs mb cl550