Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting Panamera Turbo front bumper on 4s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:37 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Putting Panamera Turbo front bumper on 4s?

I loved the look of the turbo lower front bumper design and light treatment. But I don’t see paying the extra $40K for it because I do not need the additional 100 HP. Anyone know if Porsche or local dealer can switch out the bumper of the 4s with the turbo? I am very sure they are identical in size.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
OK I'll be the first bad guy.

Don't do it, as it will convert your S into a poser car.

If you really want an answer, why can't you call your dealer directly?

Old 10-21-2009, 01:52 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
i don`t think it should be a problem to replace it.
@Tim, "Poser" is a bit harsh. i mean a S/4S Panamera is of course a bit slower than a Panamera TT but it isn`t slow at all. many are putting the Cayenne TT bumpers on their CayenneS and i have seen many 997 Carreras with Turbo wheels or GT3 frontbumpers, so what?!
it is still a Porsche, it is still expensive and fast. i don`t think it is a crime to make such subtle changes with original Porsche parts. as long as it makes the car look better and isn`t overdone...(imho the Pana TT front looks better).

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 10-21-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
@Tim, "Poser" is a bit harsh. i mean a S/4S Panamera is of course a bit slower than a Panamera TT but it isn`t slow at all. many are putting the Cayenne TT bumpers on their CayenneS and i have seen many 997 Carreras with Turbo wheels or GT3 frontbumpers, so what?!
it is still a Porsche, it is still expensive and fast. i don`t think it is a crime to make such subtle changes with original Porsche parts. as long as it makes the car look better and isn`t overdone...(imho the Pana TT front looks better).
I know what you mean by being too harsh...but I do not believe in buying a "lesser" model and convert its look to a "higher" model. That's my opinion and I stand by it.

I did not mean the S or 4S are bad at all. I think they're great but overpriced. I may wait for a V6 version for my wife, but I will not put a turbo bumper on.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:59 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Targa Tim

Never thought of it that way, I just like the look of the bumper and light treatment, my plate can say - NOTATT ; D. I just can’t see spending an extra 40K for the bumper. But you are right, I could just ask the dealer, I am thinking it can be done.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:10 PM
mdc
I know what you mean by being too harsh...but I do not believe in buying a "lesser" model and convert its look to a "higher" model. That's my opinion and I stand by it.
Point taken, the intention is NOT to make it looks like I am driving a turbo. The turbo front just looks a lot more aggressive to me. Outside of Porsche owners, no one will even know the different turbo vs S, or 4s.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:06 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
@ Tim, understand ur point.
@ mdc, as long as u don`t put a turbo badge on the trunk...

Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
@ Tim, understand ur point.
@ mdc, as long as u don`t put a turbo badge on the trunk...

Will put my Scion logo on ; D

Old 10-22-2009, 12:50 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of

I have to disagree here, many many people put GT2 bumpers on the Turbo, but it doesn't mean they are posers, HOWEVER if you change the badge, that would be posing or poser.

MDC I think am on the same boat as u, I cannot justify buying a Panamera but paying 40k just to have the right looks and 100 hp is just plain crazy, there are people who will do it, certainly not me.
I hope u can do it, but am pretty sure you can't unless you DIY. Good luck and let us know...

Old 10-22-2009, 01:29 AM
mdc
Originally Posted by SRatha
I have to disagree here, many many people put GT2 bumpers on the Turbo, but it doesn't mean they are posers, HOWEVER if you change the badge, that would be posing or poser.

MDC I think am on the same boat as u, I cannot justify buying a Panamera but paying 40k just to have the right looks and 100 hp is just plain crazy, there are people who will do it, certainly not me.
I hope u can do it, but am pretty sure you can't unless you DIY. Good luck and let us know...
I will ask, but I highly doubt Porsche will do it. I am thinking the dealer can order the part and do it for me. I have no intention of putting turbo badge on my car, I just like the treatment of the front light. Not here to impress other Porsche owners. I spec the 3 models out--120, 124, 147. Don’t have a need for 4 wheels drive either, or another 100 HP. So it boiled down to 27K for the front light. That simply does not make any sense. Original plan was to get the 2010 TT, and get a cheap family car. But my wife loves the Panamera. It also eliminate the need for a third car.