Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Side Vents

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:09 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Removing Side Vents

I just received my new silver side vents from Suncoast to replace the standard black ones from my P2S, and a little too anxious to get them installed. They appear to simply snap-on, but the trick is removing the originals without causing any harm. I can't quite tell if there is a way to safely remove them without getting behind the wheel well cover, or removing the clear turn signals at the top of the vents.

If anyone has any knowledge on this subject, please let me know.

Otherwise I'll have to be 'patient' and wait until tomorrow and just bring it in to Park Place. It's just so much more satisfying to do it a) now and b) by myself.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:30 AM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
I too have a set of turbo vents for my incoming 4S and it appears the only way to do it without damaging the fenders is to go in through the front fender wheel wells....... good luck. Keep us posted.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:11 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LRDog
I too have a set of turbo vents for my incoming 4S and it appears the only way to do it without damaging the fenders is to go in through the front fender wheel wells....... good luck. Keep us posted.
I was thinking the same thing. I have to stop by the dealer later today anyway, so will talk to them about it.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:28 PM
I ended up having Park Place do this for me today...and it wasn't exactly a quick/inexpensive modification.

Basically, the inner wheel liner has to be removed to access the vents (easiest if the wheel is removed). The Side Vent actually attaches to another plastic insert, so that plastic insert has to be removed, then the vents swapped, then re-inserted.

I think it's something I could have easily of accomplished myself in the garage within a couple of hours (with a good floor jack and jack stand), but I wouldn't have known exactly how to do it without spending a whole lot of time taking things apart.

So, $270 in labor later, but it's done right. Now I need to get out and take some more pics...

Old 03-30-2010, 06:21 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the update. I'll probably have the dealer put mine in too.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:46 AM
^^^Had I gone with dark wheels those would look great! Very nice looking piece. How much are they?

Old 03-31-2010, 09:47 AM
RichardPanamera is on a distinguished road
How can we order?

Old 03-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by revozport
They're just $450 ... any 2nd thought?
If I didn't already have the brushed finished/clearcoat HREs and the silver turbo vents already in my posession I would..... They would look great no doubt!

Old 03-31-2010, 10:38 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I ended up having Park Place do this for me today...and it wasn't exactly a quick/inexpensive modification.

Basically, the inner wheel liner has to be removed to access the vents (easiest if the wheel is removed). The Side Vent actually attaches to another plastic insert, so that plastic insert has to be removed, then the vents swapped, then re-inserted.

I think it's something I could have easily of accomplished myself in the garage within a couple of hours (with a good floor jack and jack stand), but I wouldn't have known exactly how to do it without spending a whole lot of time taking things apart.

So, $270 in labor later, but it's done right. Now I need to get out and take some more pics...
Thanks for letting us know how this works.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:10 PM
2thDoctor is on a distinguished road
I keep examine my side vents on my V6 and they don't seem to be open. Are they functional on the v6 or just for looks?

Old 05-20-2014, 09:07 PM
tengtengvn is on a distinguished road
I had my body shop removed and painted it. Costs way less than $270.