Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the highest mileage on a Panamera?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 09:34 AM
elShiz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nvrsetl
I hope this was in span of a few years of ownership?... The Porsche dealer that has a Turbo I'm looking at said in the 10 years he's worked there he's only seen one air suspension go out. He said they are bulletproof and rarely go out like Range Rovers. Funny thing is I've owned one for 7 years and the suspension never failed (knock on wood)
I know it's "dumb" to buy a car, "if you can't afford the maintenance." That's why I spent months (close to a year as a matter of fact) digging through every forum, every online review, extended drive/ownership tests by autoblogs etc. My conclusion was that the Panamera overall is a well built, reliable daily driver (with regular maintenance of course I think that should go without saying).

It's surprising as we all know euros have high maintenance costs, and reliability is lacking...even though a lot of people try to kid themselves and tell others they're "bulletproof," that's just not the case. The #1 item on the Panamera seems to be PASM Failure regarding the air suspension, but when asked, most owners admit to hitting a questionably large pot hole or something in the road that caused serious pause at the time. Though not definitively the cause, it's something to consider. Forums are a great resource in case anything does happen, and definitely helpful for those in the market for the car, as they can save for these "known issues."

Even after all the research I did, I'm not gonna lie I was still concerned when I bought my, 1 owner 2013 GTS w/ 50kmiles because 1. warranty was up 2. I couldn't afford the extended warranty ($7k minimum at dealer I bought the car from). Regardless, I'm so happy I did, because the car is amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Actually, I feel like the Panamera is a "gateway" Porsche, because all I want to do is get another one... Preferably a Sport Turismo or a Taycan.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:53 AM
nvrsetl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by elShiz
I know it's "dumb" to buy a car, "if you can't afford the maintenance." That's why I spent months (close to a year as a matter of fact) digging through every forum, every online review, extended drive/ownership tests by autoblogs etc. My conclusion was that the Panamera overall is a well built, reliable daily driver (with regular maintenance of course I think that should go without saying).

It's surprising as we all know euros have high maintenance costs, and reliability is lacking...even though a lot of people try to kid themselves and tell others they're "bulletproof," that's just not the case. The #1 item on the Panamera seems to be PASM Failure regarding the air suspension, but when asked, most owners admit to hitting a questionably large pot hole or something in the road that caused serious pause at the time. Though not definitively the cause, it's something to consider. Forums are a great resource in case anything does happen, and definitely helpful for those in the market for the car, as they can save for these "known issues."

Even after all the research I did, I'm not gonna lie I was still concerned when I bought my, 1 owner 2013 GTS w/ 50kmiles because 1. warranty was up 2. I couldn't afford the extended warranty ($7k minimum at dealer I bought the car from). Regardless, I'm so happy I did, because the car is amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Actually, I feel like the Panamera is a "gateway" Porsche, because all I want to do is get another one... Preferably a Sport Turismo or a Taycan.
Thanks for the input. Definitely feel comfortable pulling the trigger on a well sorted car.

Cheers.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:08 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
...lol, it reminds me of folks who are getting ready to buy a super car, and then are asking "will it break my wallet every time I fill it up each time at a gas station".
If you buy a Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, or any other car for that matter, you have to be prepared to spend on maintenance. All mechanical parts will wear. All cars have quirks. Not all cars have the feel and performance of a Porsche.
Not all cars give you the feeling of 'everything just right' when you step into the vehicle and turn that key.

Originally Posted by elShiz
I know it's "dumb" to buy a car, "if you can't afford the maintenance....

Old 03-20-2019, 09:32 AM
mrwilliamsburg is an unknown quantity at this point
I think we'll see more air suspension issues in these cars as the mileage grows. That's not a knock on Porsche, as it's probably also true in other makes with air ride suspension. The rubber parts in the air struts are a wear item. They don't last forever. I was surprised to see mine fail at such an early mileage (approx. 55K miles). My last car was an S Class Mercedes and the air suspension didn't start having issues until well after 100K miles. I guess I should feel lucky that the air suspension in my Panamera was replaced under warranty. I wasn't so lucky with my S Class!

Overall, I love the car and have no regrets. I'd buy a Panamera again and specifically seek one out with PASM. IMO, PASM is an important part of the Panamera driving experience.

Old 06-06-2019, 05:58 AM
ddx77 is on a distinguished road
I bought my 2012 Panamera base model in April 2017 with 30k Miles. I now have 90k miles and she's still running strong and I still love her.

Replaced:

Rear Taillights because they were crazing and it was driving me crazy to look at them.
Fixed horn once, still doesn't work very well.
Fixed driver's side window button because the chrome piece broke off (it still worked).
Just this week replaced rear engine or transmission mounts ($600.00 installed)
9/9/19 - Replaced front engine mounts, car was still vibrating. It is awesome now, can't even feel it running at idle anymore.

In hindsight I am glad I didn't buy an aftermarket warranty, I still haven't come close to spending what it would have cost me. But I do realize my Panamera was a base model, I may have thought twice about buying an aftermarket warranty for a turbo model, possibly.

Oh and without a doubt I would buy another Panamera, great quality car.

Picture of motor mount replaced $600 installed (not sure why they didn't replace them all, I still have a slight vibration) -

Last edited by ddx77; 09-15-2019 at 06:20 PM. Reason: added text and updated 9/2019
Old 06-06-2019, 06:29 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
nice to hear some folks actually use these cars for the purpose that they were created for - driving.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:39 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
ddx77: you replace the horns with aftermarket units? That's what I'd suggest as you get increased quality, noise, sound type.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:50 PM
aaronjb_ME is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ciaka
nice to hear some folks actually use these cars for the purpose that they were created for - driving.
I picked up a 2016 4S in March with a paltry 9K miles and I'm putting 500-600 miles a week on it. I hope that qualifies as driving!

Old 06-22-2019, 05:25 PM
Pieter97 is on a distinguished road
77k miles, 2014 Panamera GTS, bought her with 33k miles, purchased $6k after market insurance, and it paid for itself: front suspension, sway bars, horn, few other things, nothing major. Love the V8. Have 2 more years of insurance or 100k total miles, and after that? Who knows, Possibly a 2016 GTS with low miles...

Old 04-11-2020, 06:19 PM
jimshadow is on a distinguished road
Bought my '15 Panamera GTS in July 2018 with 12,000 miles. Turned 94,000 today. Looking at brake kits tonight. That project is coming shortly and it will be a DIY project. This has been an OUTSTANDING daily driver with really no issues over 72,000 miles.

Jim

Old 04-11-2020, 08:08 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jimshadow
Bought my '15 Panamera GTS in July 2018 with 12,000 miles. Turned 94,000 today. Looking at brake kits tonight. That project is coming shortly and it will be a DIY project. This has been an OUTSTANDING daily driver with really no issues over 72,000 miles.

Jim
Wow...that's a lot of driving in under 2 years...sheesh! Glad the car is doing what it should be doing.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:36 PM
Nikita4Ever is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you drive that much in two years?

Old 04-15-2020, 07:05 PM

Swapping winter for summer wheels!

Still looking good with 94K on the odo!

Old 10-20-2020, 05:49 AM
100,000 Miles!

My last post was on 4/15/20. Normally, I would've hit 100K by June, but given COVID, I'm not driving nearly as much as I used to covering 2 office that are 2hrs apart.
I hit 100K last evening on the drive home. Car is doing GREAT and I look forward to my next Panamera, I just don't know when that is going to be given how GOOD this car is!!!!

Old 10-20-2020, 06:22 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Awesome Jim!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has the highest mileage on a Panamera?