Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Data for G.I.A.C. Panamera Turbo Software from AWE Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Former Vendor
Chris/AWE is a jewel in the roughChris/AWE is a jewel in the roughChris/AWE is a jewel in the rough
Performance Data for G.I.A.C. Panamera Turbo Software from AWE Tuning

Hi everyone,

We recently finished a round of testing with G.I.A.C.’s Panamera Turbo Performance Software. These are some serious results, people!

All tests were performed on a 100% stock 2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo. The only change made to the car between the runs was the addition of G.I.A.C.’s 93 octane Performance Software.

Crank power.

We recorded peak power gains of +93hp and +82tq at the crank with healthy improvements throughout the powerband.

Down at the wheels:

G.I.A.C.’s Performance Software unlocked an additional +73 wheel hp and +38 wheel at the power peaks.

Where the rubber hits the road:

Acceleration, both 0-60mph and 0-100mph, is vastly improved with the new software.

From a standing start, the 0-60mph times saw a 1.03 second improvement!

The car wasn’t subjected to a high rpm launch, so the numbers are more representative of real world gains that you are likely to see with your own car.

If 93hp is still not enough for you (of course, we understand), check out the soon-to-be-released Panamera Turbo Touring and Track Exhausts – get on the list to find out first.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:30 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Looking forward to see the test results on the 4s.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:32 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
Am I reading these graphs correctly? You show the stock turbo running 0-60 in 5.68 seconds? That's 2 seconds slower than most magazines are achieving - even your modified time is over 1 second slower. I was expecting to see this car in the low 3 sec range.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor
Chris/AWE is a jewel in the roughChris/AWE is a jewel in the roughChris/AWE is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cvprez
Am I reading these graphs correctly? You show the stock turbo running 0-60 in 5.68 seconds? That's 2 seconds slower than most magazines are achieving - even your modified time is over 1 second slower. I was expecting to see this car in the low 3 sec range.
Magazines do hail mary abusive launches at minim weight on cold days. We did not do that.

The point of this graph is to show what a normal driver under normal conditions can achieve. Simply put the car in drive and mash the gas pedal. Nothing fancy.

The car had a 250lb driver, was full weight wit hall fluids and was subject to a normal street launch.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:44 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
did you guys use launch control?

Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Read post above you... No they didnt...

Now to AWE, why the no launch control? Too much stress on the car with the extra HP. Is it safe to launch the car with the extra HP say at the strip like 5 times in a row. Should we be concerned in launching the car?

Old 09-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
Read post above you... No they didnt...

Now to AWE, why the no launch control? Too much stress on the car with the extra HP. Is it safe to launch the car with the extra HP say at the strip like 5 times in a row. Should we be concerned in launching the car?
We did not use launch control.

The reason being is that all testing was done on a client vehicle and we didn't want to abuse it.

That being said the results, even without abuse, speak for themselves.