Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTT or Bentley Supersports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 05:02 AM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
PTT or Bentley Supersports

not sure these 2 have been compared before however i am faced with the decision to either take delivery in May of a White PTT sport package, sport design, turbo 2 wheels, camera, burmeister, gloss black package, white painted headlamp washer, and side inlets, upgraded seats, etc..3k over invoice OR their seems to be a bunch of coupe supersports that can be bought for 165-179 with little to no miles on them in either white or black with black wheels on the internet and my local dealer has 2...i think the supersports looks much better in the coupe than the convertible..any input from those that KNOW please reply...
either car i would do a ecu flash NOT piggy back...seems giac, evo etc get better results from having the ecu in their hands than sending out a tool to flash and piggy back it....
also what sounds better the burmesiter or the naim?
thanks in advance

Old 02-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
jeff i own a super sports with ecu exhaust intake wheels etc and i have driven and enjoyed panny turbo honestly ill take SS all day i just like the refined Bentley better and SS is a monster never had chance to race againt panny would be good . Only down side Bentley is heavy i think 6060lbs on the door sticker here is my car for reference .

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-boutique.html

plus for the price your getting a 300k car for 17x i think SS taken a lot of its depreciation for that deal

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:39 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
The Bentley is a really nice car and I love the GT. Looks good and is the ultimate luxury cruiser with loads of power. But the supersports I think is a little too much. Making the heavy, incredibly comfortable luxury car into a harder, more uncomfortable car that still handles poorly on the track as it was never meant for it. I think they made it to make it feel sportier, but that is not the reason people buy bentlys. The Porsche feels like a luxury sportscar, the Bentley is more of a fast cruiser. Thats what the choice should be. I think the supersports takes away the part that I like in Bentleys. This shouldnt be a hard choice. If you put a fat lady in ballerina clothes, she is still a fat lady

Old 02-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Sarum87 is infamous around these parts
i would opt for the PTT.

i have the Burmeister in my PTT and am dissappointed with it. It is more clear/ precise with more detail than the Bose for sure but it's too harsh and not as well balanced as the Naim. If you are listening to terrestrial radio or satellite radio you need to turn down the treble alot and I was not impressed with the way the base filled out the cabin. Uncompressed music files 320 kps or WAV sound pretty good on the Burmeister though

I liked the Naim a lot when i heard it and would give it the edge.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:13 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
If you track - PTT no brainer

If you dont - Bentley no brainer

Old 02-16-2012, 04:22 PM
versailles is infamous around these parts
I owned a 2011 BSP in matte grey which I loved and sold to a dear friend who also seems intoxicated by that cars power and prestige. However, if comparing the two I like my PTTS better as a daily driver, especially now that it has the body kit and new shoes on.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:32 PM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
There both great cars, but one is faster than the other, but the other has more exclusivity.

You have got to weigh both options yourself.

When I replaced my 997, I was looking in the market for a '11 Vantage or DB9. While I knew they weren't faster than the 997TT I wanted them because the way they looked and their swag. I wouldn't have minded the trade off in speed, I would've gained exclusivity though.

Then we had a baby and long story short, I'll wait until she is 18 and don't need me to driver any more to get an Aston, and no I don't like the Rapide and at that point I still prefer the PTT as its lines are more like a sports car compared to the Rapide.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Ice9 is infamous around these parts
I own a Carrera Cab and just purchased a Bentley CGT. I was thinking about a Panamera Turbo vs. the CGT. The TT and the SS are iconic. In both cases you should drive/own one before you die. The choice depends on the driving you do: higher mileage/highways I would go Bentley. Shorter trips, curvy roads: P-car. I think you will take a lower depreciation hit on the Bentley as it has declined so aggressively up to now (this is purely a guess). I believe the NAIM is the better audio but, unlike Porsche, the stock Bentley stereo is excellent (better than the Bose). I would say that Bentley service and professionalism is a cut above Porsche on average. Either way you cant go wrong.

So what do you drive own now? What type of driving will you be doing?

Old 02-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
Right now i drive a cts v ...ive owned 911 turbo m6 corvettes sl65amg...
i happen to be all over the gamit right now however lol, i drove a r8 spyder today..
i have an opportunity to buy a spec'd out panamera turbo for 3k over invoice, a brand new 2011 SS for 217 with 4 seats naim black black black wheels...
an incoming audi 2012 r8 spyder (not gt) white with black interior silver stitching
or wait on everything for the 991 turbo when it comes out...im all over the place
the audi was sweet however just like my old m6 u really have to get up into the revs to enjoy any power, the bentley truly is sweet with the 6.0 but is very heavy
the panamera is fast and goes thru the gears so fast u cant really FEEL the power it actually has as a high reving car might...

Old 02-20-2012, 01:03 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Also women seem to like the PTT more

Old 02-20-2012, 01:47 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I can not tell you what to get but can tell you my thougths after a few test drives in both. Actually did not drive a SS but a 2010 speed and a 2012 CGT.
I disagree about the stereo and was confirmed by the salesman at Bently, NAIM really is no where near the sound of the Burmester. The Burmester is so much better in every regard IMO and the opinions of the sales guys.
The acceleration and comfort are pretty equal in both cars, where they differ are:

Bently: more exclusive, better service, less depreciation.
PTT: much better electronics (nav, infotainment), ventilated seats, larger back seats, better handling.

The nav and infotainment in the bentlys is almost unusable, its so bad. Even the newer models with the touchscreen is not as good as porsche but much better than before. They did not upgrade this till 2012. They did not really have any cars with ventilated seats, heated steering, radar cruise control...which I find very important.
If you get the PTT, do not forget about PDCC and sport chrono, makes a world of difference in this car.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I can not tell you what to get but can tell you my thougths after a few test drives in both. Actually did not drive a SS but a 2010 speed and a 2012 CGT.
I disagree about the stereo and was confirmed by the salesman at Bently, NAIM really is no where near the sound of the Burmester. The Burmester is so much better in every regard IMO and the opinions of the sales guys.
The acceleration and comfort are pretty equal in both cars, where they differ are:

PTT: much better electronics (nav, infotainment), ventilated seats, larger back seats, better handling.

The nav and infotainment in the bentlys is almost unusable, its so bad. Even the newer models with the touchscreen is not as good as porsche but much better than before. They did not upgrade this till 2012. They did not really have any cars with ventilated seats, heated steering, radar cruise control...which I find very important.
If you get the PTT, do not forget about PDCC and sport chrono, makes a world of difference in this car.

lol i have to agree about Bentley NAV its like playing 1980's Atari lol..

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:03 PM
CT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura aboutCT Audi Fan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by zzzspeed

Jeff, you had commented in another post specifically about NOT needing the PDCC or PTV ... yet most of what I've read on the forums and various reviews seem to state the opposite, as ZZZSPEED states here. What was it about those options that you didn't feel was necessary? Were you not able to feel an appreciable difference driving back to back cars?

Old 02-22-2012, 01:38 PM
kcturbo is infamous around these parts
Just a side note, I have not heard of anyone paying over invoice for a Panamera. I would think you would be able to negotiate a much better deal than that, but I obviously do not know what your local situation is.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:02 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kcturbo
Just a side note, I have not heard of anyone paying over invoice for a Panamera. I would think you would be able to negotiate a much better deal than that, but I obviously do not know what your local situation is.
He is talking about invoice not MSRP. Invoice is usually 10% below MSRP and so when he says he is paying 3k above invoice, that is about a $10k to $12k discount off sticker.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PTT or Bentley Supersports